TE60......when is it out of breath?

So . . . If I was anal retentive with an Engineering degree, I would understand there is a paper limit, and know when to shut up to try and learn how to interpret Bisonese. :ROFLMAO:

LMAO! "IF" - uhh no sir, let there be no doubt that you are "Anal Retentive with an Engineering degree." :ROFLMAO: <<LOL!>> :ROFLMAO:

Be that as it may, I have often said that folks would pay to have access to a dictionary or glossary of terms, if you will, for this board! In that, it is a challenge at best to keep up. So, if you learn to speak Bison, then, you could probably make some money by just explaining the terms being tossed about! I mean, just in this thread alone there are hundreds (if not more) terms being thrown about that could use dissecting. Now this is somewhat tongue in cheek, however, to the average person (new to this board) this stuff is like Greek Mythology (ask me how I know)! What with terms like:

Max flow, 54lbs/min, manifold pressures, drive pressure, wastegate swing valve, positive cylinder fill, locked converter, unlocked converter, degrees of crankshaft rotation, “HIGH” drive pressure, CR, pressure drop, converter slip, out of turbo, converter slip, exhaust pressures, pressure drop post turbo, boost spike, go up in turbine, pounds a minute of airflow, small exhaust wheels, minimum converter, slipping converter, stage 3 equipped turbos, swamp ass air, good air, better air, egt’s, inert gas left trapped in the clearance volume, richer than typical mixture, mass flow control, overspeed, heat power, thrust loading, BSFC, wastegate strategy, boost drop, slow spin,

Its all no big deal, right???

Oh and being from South Louisiana, I know all about "Swamp Ass Air". However, I can't help but wonder what that could mean to those of you who don't have to; "cut the humidity with a knife, on a daily basis!" And sorry Bison, but, if you want to experience "Swamp Ass Air", then, visit New Orleans in late August / Early September!!!

Good for you. Let me guess, you're going to put a tall turbine on it, run it pig rich by dump a whole bunch of meth to cover up the mistake of running too small of a compressor, boost dropping off because it can't produce the volume needed...way out of it's efficiency range...
Just to say your faster than me.

Nah. Already ran it 6 years ago. Had an old SMC non progressive on it 7.5:1 CR and a junk set of heads with stock valves and a bowl cleanup and it went 10.61 with a stock suspension. So yeah 6 years ago I went quicker than you ever have with a bunch of junk that should never work. Drive your car to Cecil county in the fall and I'll drive my car in with a 60-1 and I'll run you for $. You can run whatever you want.

P.S I won't be running 10.61 either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
LMAO! "IF" - uhh no sir, let there be no doubt that you are "Anal Retentive with an Engineering degree." :ROFLMAO: <<LOL!>> :ROFLMAO:

Be that as it may, I have often said that folks would pay to have access to a dictionary or glossary of terms, if you will, for this board! In that, it is a challenge at best to keep up. So, if you learn to speak Bison, then, you could probably make some money by just explaining the terms being tossed about! I mean, just in this thread alone there are hundreds (if not more) terms being thrown about that could use dissecting. Now this is somewhat tongue in cheek, however, to the average person (new to this board) this stuff is like Greek Mythology (ask me how I know)! What with terms like:

Max flow, 54lbs/min, manifold pressures, drive pressure, wastegate swing valve, positive cylinder fill, locked converter, unlocked converter, degrees of crankshaft rotation, “HIGH” drive pressure, CR, pressure drop, converter slip, out of turbo, converter slip, exhaust pressures, pressure drop post turbo, boost spike, go up in turbine, pounds a minute of airflow, small exhaust wheels, minimum converter, slipping converter, stage 3 equipped turbos, swamp ass air, good air, better air, egt’s, inert gas left trapped in the clearance volume, richer than typical mixture, mass flow control, overspeed, heat power, thrust loading, BSFC, wastegate strategy, boost drop, slow spin,

Its all no big deal, right???

Oh and being from South Louisiana, I know all about "Swamp Ass Air". However, I can't help but wonder what that could mean to those of you who don't have to; "cut the humidity with a knife, on a daily basis!" And sorry Bison, but, if you want to experience "Swamp Ass Air", then, visit New Orleans in late August / Early September!!!

New England summers will challenge just about any part of the country for swamp ass days. 90's and brutally humid.

New England summers will challenge just about any part of the country for swamp ass days. 90's and brutally humid.

100 degrees (in the shade) with 100% humidity is plum ugly.

. Drive your car to Cecil county in the fall and I'll drive my car in with a 60-1 and I'll run you for $. You can run whatever you want.

P.S I won't be running 10.61 either

Funny. Yeah compressor map can be exceeded easily that doesn't make it right. Name of the game is keep the car together longest. Not how fast can I lift the heads and make speed holes in the block.

bs There's a reason why only us buick coons use compressor wheels/turbos from the mid 90s. Yeah it worked then but not the best now. My Nokia brick was the best in 2004. Doesn't mean I'm going to trade my i phone 7 in for one...better options out there.

Funny. Yeah compressor map can be exceeded easily that doesn't make it right. Name of the game is keep the car together longest. Not how fast can I lift the heads and make speed holes in the block.

bs There's a reason why only us buick coons use compressor wheels/turbos from the mid 90s. Yeah it worked then but not the best now. My Nokia brick was the best in 2004. Doesn't mean I'm going to trade my i phone 7 in for one...better options out there.

The turbo doesn't matter as much as everything else as you've found out!