You can type here any text you want

th 400...too much stall?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nboost

Just got my car back together with lots of new stuff. My issue though is regarding my stall converter. I put a th400 in with a 3200-3800 stall. Im just curious what some of you other guys are running as far as stall goes in the 400's? To me, this seems a little too loose. The car seems to want some more throttle to get going. When ordering the converter i figured that it wouldnt stall out as much seeing how its built around a v8 that is why i went for a little larger stall.....
My combo currently is:
Stock engine
pt-54
50lb injectors
Mease 3in. DP
DIY alky
powerstroke FMIC
and of course the usual fuel pump, hot wired..etc

any advice would be appreciated.

I think with your combination you would want the converter to stall to 3,000-3,200 RPM and flash to 3,500-3,600 range. This converter will act totally different than a stock one, need 3 or 4 hundred more RPM just to get the car moving.
What does the converter actually stall at?
If it stalls much higher than the above numbers I would recommend you send the converter back and tell them what it is actually stalling at and tell them what you want it to stall to be.
This is a common thing to have to go through, there are too many variables to get the desired stall speed right the first go around.

Back