You can type here any text you want

Time to go stage II with A/C!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I have them hidden, to avoid clutter, just look at the values in the boxes they show the correct value.

It sure couldn't hurt. If you see very low pressures, it could tell you the cam is timed wrong.

that is true, cam was installed per spec, plus 1 degree advanced, static compression is 8.89

The dynamic compression will at least confirm that the cam is installed right. Then you can put that worry aside and concentrate on the simpler stuff.

Too many parameter and numbers are the same color. List off the trace lines from top to bottom. Little help here.

Are you running in sequential or batch? Gasoline, right? What size injectors? What is the minimum ipw for the injectors?

seq, gasoline 120 lb, supposedly .6 ms

Too many parameter and numbers are the same color. List off the trace lines from top to bottom. Little help here.

CAM SYNC
BATT VOLTS
AF RATIO
MAP PSIA
MAP KPA
RPM
FUEL PRESSURE

I agree, vacuum too low at this stage of tuning. Get the vacuum up.
Either correct vacuum leak, target a higher idle for now, or correct cam timing.
First things first. Start out with the basics. Compression, fuel, spark. We know you're getting fuel and spark. Verify your compression.
Verify your compression.

Alky V6 said:
I agree, vacuum too low at this stage of tuning. Get the vacuum up.
Either correct vacuum leak, target a higher idle for now, or correct cam timing.
First things first. Start out with the basics. Compression, fuel, spark. We know you're getting fuel and spark. Verify your compression.
Verify your compression.

What does 71 kpa convert to in Inhg? Just to give you an idea my car idles with about 9 Inhg.

AG

What does 71 kpa convert to in Inhg? Just to give you an idea my car idles with about 9 Inhg.

AG
71 is pretty low for the cam he's running. My engine didn't even run that low with a much larger cam.
Especially with the problems he's having, he should be getting the tuneup stable at a higher MAP level, then he can work it down after that.

Alky V6 said:
71 is pretty low for the cam he's running. My engine didn't even run that low with a much larger cam.
Especially with the problems he's having, he should be getting the tuneup stable at a higher MAP level, then he can work it down after that.

I'm not disagreeing but trying to get an idea on the scope of the issue.
AG

My engine idled at 1350 rpm with MAP between 66-70 kPa. And a much bigger cam.

turbobitt said:
I'm not disagreeing but trying to get an idea on the scope of the issue.
AG

I think going to a smaller injector would be a good starting point but not entirely convinced its an injector problem yet.
AG

turbobitt said:
I think going to a smaller injector would be a good starting point but not entirely convinced its an injector problem yet.
AG

Troubleshooting is so difficult to do without being there to feel out the problem. I could think of a few potential issues that may cause the low vacuum. Stage 2 heads and intakes have been known to be highly modified and angle milled. Intake manifold sealing could be compromised.
AG

I can't overstate this enough. Verify the cylinder pressures first. Follow your troubleshooting in an organized manner and you'll get the problem solved quicker.

Troubleshooting is so difficult to do without being there to feel out the problem. I could think of a few potential issues that may cause the low vacuum. Stage 2 heads and intakes have been known to be highly modified and angle milled. Intake manifold sealing could be compromised.
AG

As far as I can tell the intake has never been milled... Should I try a another new set of plugs? they are heat range 8 and gapped at .032

Install a new set of plugs. Standard heat range for now. You don't need cold plugs making this more difficult.
Make sure you don't have a vacuum leak somewhere.
Disable IAC. Set the idle high for now using the throttle blade. Shoot for 1500 rpm.
Are you getting good spark?

Back