You can type here any text you want

Time to go stage II with A/C!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I wouldn't try to push the ipw below the manufacturers suggested minimum ipw. Fuel delivery volume consistency can start to become unstable when you push the lower limits of ipw.
Another question that needs to be answered. What voltage was the manufacturer operating the injectors at when they set that .6 ms minimum ipw?
Also, bear in mind, .6 ms is already an awfully low ipw to run an injector at. I would use 1.2 to 1.5 ms as a minimum value if it was me. 1.0 ms at the very lowest.
Lower the injector operating voltage.

There was a methanol V6 that I tuned that was using 2 sets of 240 lb/hr injectors. I didn't have to get anywhere near 1.0 ms to get a clean idle out of it.

Have you tried another set of injectors? You already had one bad one. Every car in my signature but Clay runs larger injectors than yours at over 18 volts.

Have you tried another set of injectors? You already had one bad one. Every car in my signature but Clay runs larger injectors than yours at over 18 volts.
Don;t know what to say 231 cubic is not very fuel hungry at idle, I only have stock injectors here, they are slimly and old and hesitant to install them.

Yes but, it fouled the plugs instantly, so i had to give up. I will try it tomorrow after work , voltage is rock steady....

You shouldn't have to run any richer than 13.5:1 on the a/f ratio at idle.
If you get away with leaner then great.

What was the AF ratio if you can recall?

It idles in the 13's. Have you double checked the balancer to make sure the timing in xfi matches the balancer? I noticed its idling at 28 degrees of timing. I idle at 38-40 to help clean it up.

It idles in the 13's. Have you double checked the balancer to make sure the timing in xfi matches the balancer? I noticed its idling at 28 degrees of timing. I idle at 38-40 to help clean it up.

any downside to running that much timing at idle? i idle at 28* as well and its difficult to get a stable a/f of 13.5

any downside to running that much timing at idle? i idle at 28* as well and its difficult to get a stable a/f of 13.5

I been running around 35-40 degrees at idle. I tried all sorts of different timing stratagies and havn't seen much difference or improvement running less.

Allan G.

I been running around 35-40 degrees at idle. I tried all sorts of different timing stratagies and havn't seen much difference or improvement running less.

Allan G.
try 22 degrees and watch the AF ratio and EGT's........and pw and rpm

Everything is on hold I have antifreeze , oil leaks under the car, all the plugs are fouled, time to step away from this for a bit.........

Sorry to hear that Norbs. Take a break, it will all get squared away with a fresh look after a rest. Keep us posted.

Sounds like the intake may not be sealing correctly. I hope it's something minor.

try 22 degrees and watch the AF ratio and EGT's........and pw and rpm

You would run 22 degrees at 30# of boost. What's the benefit of idling at such a low timing? If you don't have enough timing in the motor you aren't burning all the fuel which will result in it burning in the headers. This will not give you a real sample of actual a/f ratio.

28 is not a bad number to run at idle. I run a tad more with the alcohol. I've tried them all.

Back