You can type here any text you want

Time to go stage II with A/C!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
O2 correction is OFF, I can;t any ANY stable AF ratio! Other than about 9.1!

If you don't get that a/f ratio squared away, you're going to wash your rings and ruin your break-in period. You'll have to hone the cylinders again and change the rings out. I would guess it's already too late.

Are you running in sequential or batch? Gasoline, right? What size injectors? What is the minimum ipw for the injectors?

What did you do to fix the one cylinder? I bet if you swap in your old injectors and make the appropriate changes you will be fine

What did you do to fix the one cylinder? I bet if you swap in your old injectors and make the appropriate changes you will be fine
I ordered another replacement injector and put it in............. I'm putting in stock injectors for now and see if it runs half decent, sold my 95s the fool I am ....

I have confidence in you that it's not a programming issue. My guess is an injector stuck open.

Here is a quick look at some of the numbers.... thanks Cal , for your support. Notice the engine has very low vacuum,... Like I said all the plugs are black, due to being super rich.
jan12 startup.jpg

Is the vacuum reading accurate? Have you checked it against a gauge?
What is your idle rpm target at this point? Maybe too low for now? Looks like 1200? That shouldn't be too low for the cam your using. If anything, it's high. But that's OK until you get this mixture thing straightened out.

Is the vacuum reading accurate? Have you checked it against a gauge?
What is your idle rpm target at this point? Maybe too low for now? Looks like 1200? That shouldn't be too low for the cam your using. If anything, it's high. But that's OK until you get this mixture thing straightened out.

The reading is off the 3,5 bar AEM map sensor, using a 4 bar map configuration as per fast instructions, yes i agree it seems not right, target is 1200 rpm for a cold motor......The IAC target seems too high, but I have moved the blade 2 times now, maybe I have a stuck IAC?

Can you identify the trace lines from top to bottom?

The lines match the color of the paramters, for example AF is in greenm rpm Red, cam sync grey, fuel pressure yellow, light blue battery volts, etc..

Try not to target too low of an idle rpm until you get the mixture squared away. The higher the better.

Based on the data engine vacuum is too low, pw is too low, the motor should be lean at those numbers, all enrichments are out of the picture, fuel pressure is turned way down, this thing should not even have enough fuel to run...at those levels. We should see about 1.2ms to maintain at 13.0 AF ish normal idle....

Do you think i should attempt to do a cyl leak down before continuing?

I would target a cold idle rpm of at least 1500 rpm. With your problems, maybe even higher. Turn off the IAC for now. Turn off O2 correction. Set idle by the blade only, for now. The main target right now is the find the a/f ratio. The other stuff can be worked in later.

Do you think i should attempt to do a cyl leak down before continuing?
It sure couldn't hurt. If you see very low pressures, it could tell you the cam is timed wrong, or just tell you whether or not you have problem cylinders going on. At the very least, let's hope the pressures are all even and normal. That will be one less thing to worry about.

Back