You can type here any text you want

Time to go stage II with A/C!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Vacuum value will increase. kPa value will decrease. Pick a type of measurement and stick with it.

Sorry,anyway its not the issue, the timing is retarded 25 degrees and I'm trying to figure out how it can be...the JS box may have been retarding the timing at idle since i unhooked the tps wire by mistake. The XFI will go up to 63 degrees so I might have to compensate in the map

I'll tackle this another day, Who can re-clock the balancer for me to 50 degrees?

I can do it, but there's got to be lots of people closer to you that can do it for you.

I can do it, but there's got to be lots of people closer to you that can do it for you.

OK, I;ll keep that in mind. Is this incorrect?

Here is a pic of my balancer set to TDC +-1 degree. vie is from the bottom up.
balancer TDC.jpg

Is the piston also at TDC? This is the sort of thing that should have been checked when the engine was being assembled.

If it's the crankshaft that's off...then you're never gonna hear the end of it.:D

OK, I;ll keep that in mind. Is this incorrect?

Here is a pic of my balancer set to TDC +-1 degree. vie is from the bottom up.

Norbs,
I have my engine out for the cam change and can easily take a quick photo showing the same position. FYI - I verified TDC and require any a few degrees correction so it will be close.
Allan G.

This is what I ment....
If RPM increases at very low throttle angle it is possibe for vacuum to increase, therfor absolute KPA values decreasing.

Allan G.

Norbs,
I have my engine out for the cam change and can easily take a quick photo showing the same position. FYI - I verified TDC and require any a few degrees correction so it will be close.
Allan G.

OK thanks, any idea why my timing is out 25 degrees? I do not have any ignition module in the crank sensor goes directly to XFI input.

OK thanks, any idea why my timing is out 25 degrees? I do not have any ignition module in the crank sensor goes directly to XFI input.

I don't know the typical ignition set-up stratagy when using a distributer but maybe the XFI is picking up the trailing edge and not the leading edge of the slot.

Allanb G.

I don't know the typical ignition set-up stratagy when using a distributer but maybe the XFI is picking up the trailing edge and not the leading edge of the slot.

Allanb G.

That could be correct, but then all the other people running distributors would all be in trouble like me? I was told by someone at fast, that the fast will fire on the trailing edge like you suggested. How does the factory module do it? It must fire on on the leading edge then?

norbs said:
That could be correct, but then all the other people running distributors would all be in trouble like me? I was told by someone at fast, that the fast will fire on the trailing edge like you suggested. How does the factory module do it? It must fire on on the leading edge then?

Sounds like time for a real crank trigger.
AG

I have one, but I refuse to use anything that is non-hall effect, and its a bit tricky to install. I Need to locate a good quality hall effect sensor for it, that is big enough thread 3/4"

Holley PN 554-118 is a 3/4-16 hall effect pickup that works with MSD wheels.

Did you use this balancer with your previous setup?

Holley PN 554-118 is a 3/4-16 hall effect pickup that works with MSD wheels.

Did you use this balancer with your previous setup?

Yes, but I had the ignition module in the system, now I don;t Thanks I might have to order that sensor, might be less hassle than re-clocking the balancer

cut all the wires off, too much work to put back, I wanted to keep the harness clean,,,,

Thanks Mike the sensor is enroute... I'll have to go crank trigger, and I''ll put the ref angle anywhere I want as long as its 10 degrees after the cam sync input. Or for now just advance the timing so it matches up to the XFI.

Back