You can type here any text you want

Time to go stage II with A/C!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Since most 109 blocks would be pushing hard to make 850 HP reliably , I would have to question that number.
Just saying that I have seen a lot of TSM cars blow the tires off at the hit. Now Jason white and a hand full of others might be pushing that!! I really have no idea , but an out of the box car with limited suspension mods would not move off the starting line!! At least in my opinion. But honestly I have no idea. Thanks for the info Mike
When I stated stock style suspension, I meant a suspension that uses the stock layout, but is using all the best components, and settings to get the job done.

When I stated stock style suspension, I meant a suspension that uses the stock layout, but is using all the best components, and settings to get the job done.

I was just stating that a relatively new car to the drag strip with a few mods is still going to go through a steep learning curve to get it to leave the starting line hard. So he will most likely need to be backed off considerably the first few times out. I know you know what Im talking about on this one!! Officially outta here. Mike

Mike it is your call, but why do you have to leave the thread? Your experience here makes for some nice counter points and conversation.

Mike it is your call, but why do you have to leave the thread? Your experience here makes for some nice counter points and conversation.

Since I have absolutly no experience with a GN , EFI , turbo , etc. I feel Im about to embarrass myself!! LOL !! I see things in much simplier terms than most. I try to keep it simple , because I have to. Really most of the issues on this thread have been so far out of my league its just not funny (at least to me). I just try to put things in a simple light , because in the end thats what works for me. I would love to see Norbs get this thing going cause I like people that do it the hard way - like me!! LOL Mike

You're right, Mike. Norbs will not be leaving the line with 800+ hp at the hit. That will never happen.

You're right, Mike. Norbs will not be leaving the line with 800+ hp at the hit. That will never happen.

That is true. Anyone who runs 65 lbs of boost I',m willing to take advice from, keep up with the Idea's Mike, they are starting to sink in. Next question what is your opinion on rear axle gear? I;m thinking to go 3.90 , 4.00, 4.10 gear or should I leave at 3.50? Remember I have a Gear vendors overdive in the car, would it be beneficial to finsh the 1/4 in OD?

Im no expert but that 3.50 gear will not be that far off. More gear will just make for more problems leaving the starting line. Once you get 40 or 50 runs under your belt you may choose to try a different gear but for now I would leave it alone.
Mike

Im no expert but that 3.50 gear will not be that far off. More gear will just make for more problems leaving the starting line. Once you get 40 or 50 runs under your belt you may choose to try a different gear but for now I would leave it alone.
Mike

40 or 50 runs? Norbs has no safety equipment in the car.

No limit's on 60's times Scooby.......you worry too much.. We have a few local Buicks in the same boat, I don;t see them on going home on the trailer?

I would stay with the 3.50 w/28" tire. I'm using 3.90 w/32" tire and gearing feels about right.
AG

Norbs, I got a mint set of Richmond 3.90 gears if your interested.
Toronto-20120414-00599.jpg

Norbs, I got a mint set of Richmond 3.90 gears if your interested.

Thanks for the offer, but I have upgraded many years ago to a ford 9" after I learned from you splitting the gears in pieces out of your car years ago... Gears are cheap $112 for a new set of 9" gears..

Norb

Based on the data from the SIM pealk power will occur at 7500 RPM with my present gearing it is impossible to achieve this rpm in the 1/4 mile? Is the SIM incorrect?

Back