You can type here any text you want

Time to go stage II with A/C!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
norbs said:
Based on the data from the SIM pealk power will occur at 7500 RPM with my present gearing it is impossible to achieve this rpm in the 1/4 mile? Is the SIM incorrect?

I don't think your peek power will be anywhere near that RPM with the cam your running and probably closer to 6400-6600.
You know what I have for a cam and that is only good to about 6900.
AG

Based on the data from the SIM pealk power will occur at 7500 RPM with my present gearing it is impossible to achieve this rpm in the 1/4 mile? Is the SIM incorrect?
7500 seems high. In the comparisons between your engine and mine in my thread, were my projections for your engine that high?

I like the advertisement in your post above, Mike. You know how to make a post interesting.

Take it to the track and get some real world data.

7500 is what the SIM is telling me, what can i say. I will post the library file and you guys can fool with it.

I don't think your peek power will be anywhere near that RPM with the cam your running and probably closer to 6400-6600.
You know what I have for a cam and that is only good to about 6900.
AG

You also have more cubic inch and longer stroke this changes things.

7500 seems high. In the comparisons between your engine and mine in my thread, were my projections for your engine that high?

Yes as I recall, but you may have to do a fresh calculation for me. Here is the engine file I am working with..

Attachments

Yes as I recall, but you may have to do a fresh calculation for me.
I found it within the first ten pages. The prediction for your combination fell in the range that Allen shared.

I found it within the first ten pages. The prediction for your combination fell in the range that Allen shared.

Well this is what I am getting.....whats the difference in the calcs?

35 psi SIM.jpg

The intake port diameter figure looks high. Did you actually measure the smallest section in the intake port? Typically the intake port diameter is smaller than the intake valve diameter.
And, exhaust port diameter is larger than the exhaust valve diameter? It is possible, but did you actually measure it out?

Do you have flow numbers for .100" lift? The low lift flow numbers seem a bit high. An agressive lift for the duration, and 1.71 rocker ratio? You should upgrade to the latest version EAP. It allows you to enter the compressor map of the turbo for better accuracy. Also, 70% efficiency on the turbine housing? This is a T4, right? The flow numbers you're using for your heads don't appear to be realistic. Too much curvature in the graph.

The intake port diameter figure looks high. Did you actually measure the smallest section in the intake port? Typically the intake port diameter is smaller than the intake valve diameter.
And, exhaust port diameter is larger than the exhaust valve diameter? It is possible, but did you actually measure it out?

Ok , I think your right I had some numbers too big in those area's, not sure how they got so big. I changed them according to power source book dimensions, and re-did the calcs.

Back