You can type here any text you want

Time to go stage II with A/C!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Norbs how about taking it down the track and seeing what it does before you start changing anything?

Actually I would change something

I would try maxing out a 71 turbo first. It will spool better than your 76 and still provide 9 second power at 3800lbs

Add to your equations:
Tire growth percentage
Torque converter slippage

My car, with a 3.90 gear and 31" tire is going through the traps at 6830 RPM. I think a 4.10 gear with a 28" tire will be way to much. I still think your cam will peak at 6200-6400 or maybe a tad higher because of the smaller displacment. With that being said I would think your goal should be low 9's or high 8's with your combination and the same speed would require a 3.50 gear w/28tire. With 4.10 gears you will be going through the traps at 7900+.

Allan G.

Norbs,

Just to elabotate on my comment of your power range of 6200-6400, your cam could potentialy considered smaller than some of 224 Hydralic roller profiles I have data on. Just to give you an idea of why some guys can go fast on that cam.
Allan G,

Norbs,

Just to elabotate on my comment of your power range of 6200-6400, your cam could potentialy considered smaller than some of 224 Hydralic roller profiles I have data on. Just to give you an idea of why some guys can go fast on that cam.
Allan G,

Seems strange that the Sim is showing 7600 rpm for my peak power don't you think? Your saying my cam is smaller than a 224 hyd roller?

Seems strange that the Sim is showing 7600 rpm for my peak power don't you think? Your saying my cam is smaller than a 224 hyd roller?
Hydraulic rollers are more aggresive on the ramp rates so the duration on a 224 hydraulic roller is actually more than your 230 cam at .200 lift. This is why the .050 lift numbers cam be missleading. One would think that the 230 solid cam is a lot bigger than the 224 hyd. but is not actually the case thus assuming the power range is higher.
A been buisy accumulating a lot of data and have data to support this.........
Allan G.

Actually I would change something

I would try maxing out a 71 turbo first. It will spool better than your 76 and still provide 9 second power at 3800lbs

But I don;t want to go 9's.....)

Just leave everything alone. You just might do 10s the way it is. Take the car to the track!

Then you don't need such a big turbo!
And, you don't need Stage II heads!
And, you don't need a big cam!

Holy cow, Norbs. You're killin' me.
Let me re-phase that, I don;t want to run 9's but...8's. Part selection was based on a 8 second goal.

Just leave everything alone. You just might do 10s the way it is. Take the car to the track!

If the dyno numbers are bad, it won't go to the track to save the embarrassment...

Solid 230 Norbs profile vs 224 hyd. What one has potential to make more power do you think ? Also keep in mind that these are both lobe lifts without lash consideration on the solid.

Lobe Comp.jpg

Blowdown is starting a little earlier, overlap is more with the blue line. It's difficult to calculate the area under the curve by just looking at the graph.

Alky V6 said:
Blowdown is starting a little earlier, overlap is more with the blue line. It's difficult to calculate the area under the curve by just looking at the graph.

Blue starts earlier and closes later but has less duration at .200 lift. In my opinion the red has more flexibility with LSA selection but will require more spring. My hole point being that a 230 sounds big compared to a 224 but to me is probably a wash at best when comparing these two lobe families.
AG.

With the way your combination sits 8's will not happen.

So we have cars with less turbo and less cylinder head flow in the 8s and I won;t be close?I don;t think you realize the potential of this turbo at high boost, Manny is in the 7's on E85, with a single ** turbo!!

So we have cars with less turbo and less cylinder head flow in the 8s and I won;t be close?I don;t think you realize the potential of this turbo at high boost, Manny is in the 7's on E85, with a single ** turbo!!
Just my opinion...Best of luck!

Back