You can type here any text you want

Time to go stage II with A/C!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
How do you see the VE numbers? Aren't those numbers manually inputted? Are you able to monitor VE or is it based on calculation?
Sorry for the green questions.

You can datalog your ve in your logging set up and yes they are manually inputed but the logged data will be the actual ve the computer is using during a run.

If the fuel table is sloppy and you're depending on a lot of correction to hit your a/f numbers, then you'll of course have to take the correction numbers into consideration. After the corrections have been taken into account, or better yet, the fuel table has been finely tuned in where very little, if any correction is required, you can graph out the VE table and should be able to clearly see where peak torque is at every MAP level.

Update, spent all day gutting the caspers XFI adapter. Pulled all the grounds out of it to reduce the chance of a ground loop and ran them back to the battery, except sensor grounds, as they must remain at the ECU.

Update, no parts have arrived, so no progress is being made right now..

I nominate BCR8ES. Except that I would cut the ground electrode back a bit. Too long for my liking.

I nominate BCR8ES. Except that I would cut the ground electrode back a bit. Too long for my liking.

What would be the advantage to do that, remember plug changes take me approx 2hours+ I don;t want to change them much, last time I almost broke my wrist getting to #6 cyl.

Cut you a hole in the back of the glove box, through the firewall so you can get to #6 :)

norbs you want a racecar, but dont want to change the plugs much? :)

Its not a race car..its a universal type vehicle.....I won;t remove the A/C so I will have to suffer on some things...

What would be the advantage to do that, remember plug changes take me approx 2hours+ I don;t want to change them much, last time I almost broke my wrist getting to #6 cyl.

You want to keep the ground electrode from becoming too hot. If it gets too hot, it can contribute to preignition. You don't want preignition. A longer electrode has a better chance of becoming too hot. That is why you stay away from projected nose plugs with a HP engine. Cutting back the ground electrode on a std plug just carries that same idea a little further.
Run bigs cams and you will be changing plugs often. Run leaded racing gas and you will be changing plugs often. Run big horsepower numbers and you will be changing plugs often. You can't have it both ways, unfortunately.

Do stage 2 heads take the same plugs as a regular head?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Some have tapper seats and some have gasket seats. They all seem to have long reach plugs. I like the Autolight Racing AR 472/473/474 plugs. They have the cut back electrode and tapered seats for my heads.
AG.

Not a race car but want to run 8's ? :confused:

Well, maybe your right, I don;t have "enough" to run those times, so maybe it won;t happen. Maybe I;m over estimating the air flow capabilities of the parts selected.

Well, maybe your right, I don;t have "enough" to run those times, so maybe it won;t happen. Maybe I;m over estimating the air flow capabilities of the parts selected.

I believe in Norbsy

Back