You can type here any text you want

Time to go stage II with A/C!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Well Allan, lets do some re-thinking, you have heads with bigger valves, bigger turbo, bigger cubic inch, and bigger cam, and you made 923 hp, and with a lighter car you ran a high 8, so based on those factors, it is impossible for me to run a similar time with "smaller components"..........lazaris is correct.

Well Allan, lets do some re-thinking, you have heads with bigger valves, bigger turbo, bigger cubic inch, and bigger cam, and you made 923 hp, and with a lighter car you ran a high 8, so based on those factors, it is impossible for me to run a similar time with "smaller components"..........lazaris is correct.

Norbs,

I'm not tapped out yet in my opinion. I'm just getting started. That was only the first time out and had some things to sort out. Car could have done an 8.70 on the same tune If I decided to leave harder. But that is all unproven unless I actually do it. I was very pleased to get those results on the first time out in 10+ years and would be extremely foolish to think that’s all she's got.
With that being said, I wouldn't give up so easy.
Allan G.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

A stage 2 will be my next build. If I can't find a nice block, then TA aluminum.

Well, maybe your right, I don;t have "enough" to run those times, so maybe it won;t happen. Maybe I;m over estimating the air flow capabilities of the parts selected.

Its not just that. Your car is very heavy. Whats the total weight with you in the car?

Its not just that. Your car is very heavy. Whats the total weight with you in the car?

No, idea, but I know it its not light.....

Stage 1 block =39 lbs more
turbo= 45 lbs
intercooler=51 lbs
crank=9 lbs more
4 dp SS is heavy and the 1-7/8 321 stainless headers are heavy..
cast iron stage heads=34 lbs
gear vendors =47 lbs
th400= another 30 lbs over 2004r estimate
dual 3" exh=?
assocatied do-dads=25 lbs..
pushrods=5lbs
battery cables=10 lbs
fuel pump/lines=10 lbs
oil cooler/lines=10 lbs
9 quarts oil=?

No, idea, but I know it its not light.....

Stage 1 block =39 lbs more
turbo= 45 lbs
intercooler=51 lbs
crank=9 lbs more
4 dp SS is heavy and the 1-7/8 321 stainless headers are heavy..
cast iron stage heads=34 lbs
gear vendors =47 lbs
th400= another 30 lbs over 2004r estimate
dual 3" exh=?
assocatied do-dads=25 lbs..
pushrods=5lbs
battery cables=10 lbs
fuel pump/lines=10 lbs
oil cooler/lines=10 lbs
9 quarts oil=?
Thats not really saying what the weight is. You need to weigh it.

Do you have steel bumpers and supports? How about cage? Wheels? Brakes? Trunk firewall?
Could be as high as 3800 w/driver
AG

Do you have steel bumpers and supports? How about cage? Wheels? Brakes? Trunk firewall?
Could be as high as 3800 w/driver
AG

Probably closer to 4,000 w/ac

Thats my point. Now add a 10 point cage that you need to run 8's and a parachute etc etc.

Lets make the power on the dyno then we can decide on the particulars...Anyway I have re-run the Sim and took Allan's flow numbers and subtracted 35% approx, got some more accurate numbers on turbo specs, and it is still coming up to peak hp@7600 rpm about 900 RWHP@35 psi boost, turbine a/r sizes are only worth about 10 hp each size up or down.

There ya go norbsy!

900hp- 8 second pass :)

Thats my point. Now add a 10 point cage that you need to run 8's and a parachute etc etc.

Norbs has no safety equipment in the car...because he has no intention of ever going to the track. The car is nothing more than an ongoing experiment.

Norbs has no safety equipment in the car...because he has no intention of ever going to the track. The car is nothing more than an ongoing experiment.
Ok I was just reading he said he wanted to run 8's. I dont know how you do that without testing at the track. :confused:

I just decided to put everything on hold, going to design a direct port water injection system for this........run with the 16 x 16 PWM lookup table in the the fast dash.

Put that on hold its too expensive looking at $1000 ouch, I thought it was cheaper, maybe on the next motor.

Nice stuff though...

http://www.howertonengineering.net/

http://howertonengineering.com/2012/02/hfs-4-n54-schematics/

Jesus norbsy, take the effin car down the track already!

Back