You can type here any text you want

Time to go stage II with A/C!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Drama queen.............. Enough of the updates already!! Get that thing to the dyno or Beachbum is coming over with the lighter fluid and I will be coming over with the matches.

Don't forget the marshmallows.

Getting back on topic, is it normal for the accufab throttlebody shafts to leak like this? I have about 15 psi compressed air in the system for the test.

Update everything is torn apart.............too many exhaust leaks.

Norb, you are not the only one talking about the leak with and Accufab TB. The is a post on the forum where some even called Accufab and they said that normal and no fix...

Clint

Clint

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Norb, you are not the only one talking about the leak with and Accufab TB. The is a post on the forum where some even called Accufab and they said that normal and no fix...

Clint

Clint

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
Whats your opinion, seem normal to you?

If your that concerned then you can dissassemble the TB and have someone machine an O-ring groove in the ID of the shaft bore. Most likley leak isn't enough volume to amount to anything.
Allan G.

If your that concerned then you can dissassemble the TB and have someone machine an O-ring groove in the ID of the shaft bore. Most likley leak isn't enough volume to amount to anything.
Allan G.

I don;t like it Allan, I need all the boost I can get to spool this thing....

So what's it gonna be next week...and the week after that...and the...

This project is very complex to put together, I can;t go to the dyno with leaks! I am very close to getting the bugs out have patience.

Today's update, I managed to get the EGT bungs in and the passenger side header sealed with some Square port Felpro composite gaskets. I don't know how long they will last but its worth a try. For those of you not watching this thread please ignore this progress report. I might see some difference in temp since the bungs are facing upwards...any issues in this position"?

Attachments

• pass bung1.jpg
    pass bung1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 110
  • pass bing2.jpg
    pass bing2.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 114
  • leaky header.jpg
    leaky header.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 105
  • bung weld.jpg
    bung weld.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 111
This project is very complex to put together, I can;t go to the dyno with leaks! I am very close to getting the bugs out have patience.

There's projects...and there's messes. Yours is the latter.

Back