You can type here any text you want

Time to go stage II with A/C!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Today's update, I managed to get the EGT bungs in and the passenger side header sealed with some Square port Felpro composite gaskets. I don't know how long they will last but its worth a try. For those of you not watching this thread please ignore this progress report. I might see some difference in temp since the bungs are facing upwards...any issues in this position"?

While the headers are out...refab 'em...so it doesn't take 3 weeks to do a spark plug change.

the egt probe sensor is only at the tip inside the pipe , it wont affect the reading by installing it up

the egt probe sensor is only at the tip inside the pipe , it wont affect the reading by installing it up

Thanks, I will post a data log, it seems that they are slighty lower on the side that is mounted upwards, but it could be other factors? Right now I'm having problems spooling after fixing the leaks, so I need to dig deeper into the tune.

Due to UNKNOWN issues I can no longer spool as fast as before and lost 1000 rpm against the converter, until this is resolved NO DYNO TIME can be booked.

Due to UNKNOWN issues I can no longer spool as fast as before and lost 1000 rpm against the converter, until this is resolved NO DYNO TIME can be booked.

Check the turbo for chewed up wheels?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

If the engine and turbo appear healthy check the stator support on the trans. It's unusual for a spragless converter to break the stator support tube but if it does break, the converter will tighten up.

No doubt another one of your cool guy parts took a dump.

I would take a close look at the turbine. Seems like this problem came on after you welded the bungs for the EGT's. maybe something took out the turbine.
AG

Everything is fine. It was just a temperature change outside, I was spooling over a month ago it was cooler out. However this has sparked my interest in a co2 system:)

Get that thing on a dyno and make some street runs and show us some data logs.

Update car is out of service for next 4 weeks for converter change, patience people.

@ SCOOBY DOO! You must really have a problem with him because I notice there is a lot of animocity towards any post that Norbz posts here and in every other thread!! Seems like you don't like him much or your stalking him..loll. When you have as much time & $$$ as you do in a build like his, you make sure everything is right. Patience is a good virtue..... . Don't KNOCK Norbs for trying to do something right and wanting it to last! Yea.. .anybody can throw a combo together and it might make 1000hp a couple of times.. I'm sure your mom or dad told you when you were a child "IF YOU HAVE NOTHING POSITIVE OR CONSTRUCTIVE TO SAY, KEEP DEROGOTORY COMMENTS TO YOURSELF" I venture to say when he's done... It will probably make you drool...
Information is Power and he likes INFO!

You got it wrong my friend. They are as tight as butt cheeks. We are all locals and know each other well. Scoob is always over there with Norbs helping him out. Norbs has been making work for himself for the last 6 years with this car and excuses as to why it never see's the road. We have come to realize that this is just a time pacifier for Norb's to just get him doing something and out of the house. The jabs are all a inside thing and just done out of fun. Norbs knows it too. If he called Scoob he would be over there in minutes helping. Its all good.

Oh ya, unsubscribed!!!;)

@ SCOOBY DOO! You must really have a problem with him because I notice there is a lot of animocity towards any post that Norbz posts here and in every other thread!! Seems like you don't like him much or your stalking him..loll. When you have as much time & $$$ as you do in a build like his, you make sure everything is right. Patience is a good virtue..... . Don't KNOCK Norbs for trying to do something right and wanting it to last! Yea.. .anybody can throw a combo together and it might make 1000hp a couple of times.. I'm sure your mom or dad told you when you were a child "IF YOU HAVE NOTHING POSITIVE OR CONSTRUCTIVE TO SAY, KEEP DEROGOTORY COMMENTS TO YOURSELF" I venture to say when he's done... It will probably make you drool...
Information is Power and he likes INFO!

You got it wrong my friend. They are as tight as butt cheeks. We are all locals and know each other well. Scoob is always over there with Norbs helping him out. Norbs has been making work for himself for the last 6 years with this car and excuses as to why it never see's the road. We have come to realize that this is just a time pacifier for Norb's to just get him doing something and out of the house. The jabs are all a inside thing and just done out of fun. Norbs knows it too. If he called Scoob he would be over there in minutes helping. Its all good.

Oh ya, unsubscribed!!!;)

Same here! Me and norbsy go back and forth on a lot of things, it's all in fun.

Wow, if they are as tight as butt cheeks and they are friends... I would hate to be his ENEMY! And usually FRIENDS dont bash one another on every single post!!!! I'm probably wrong.. I'm just giving an objective point of view..
Mike, I'm sure if your right.. Scooby Doo will chime in....

Wow, if they are as tight as butt cheeks and they are friends... I would hate to be his ENEMY! And usually FRIENDS dont bash one another on every single post!!!! I'm probably wrong.. I'm just giving an objective point of view..
Mike, I'm sure if your right.. Scooby Doo will chime in....

And you are...?

Back