You can type here any text you want

Time to go stage II with A/C!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
@ SCOOBY DOO! You must really have a problem with him because I notice there is a lot of animocity towards any post that Norbz posts here and in every other thread!! Seems like you don't like him much or your stalking him..loll. When you have as much time & $$$ as you do in a build like his, you make sure everything is right. Patience is a good virtue..... . Don't KNOCK Norbs for trying to do something right and wanting it to last! Yea.. .anybody can throw a combo together and it might make 1000hp a couple of times.. I'm sure your mom or dad told you when you were a child "IF YOU HAVE NOTHING POSITIVE OR CONSTRUCTIVE TO SAY, KEEP DEROGOTORY COMMENTS TO YOURSELF" I venture to say when he's done... It will probably make you drool...
Information is Power and he likes INFO!

Last? You don't know Norbs. He sets everything on kill. When he use to go to the track...his car would come home on a hook every time. Any idea how much money I've pissed away making trips to his house? I live an hour and a half away. Norbs is a data hound...and his car is nothing more than an ongoing experiment. You haven't seen or know anything about his car. It's more complicated than the space shuttle...and likely the most unorthodox build ever. Norbs is his own worst enemy...and he's the first to admit it...and you can't help him...cuz he doesn't want it. He has the finances and intelligence to go as fast as he wants to go...but chooses not too. He's the most stubborn and infuriating person I have ever met. It'll never happen...but if he ever decides to go to the track...then I'll be the first one there with my tow vehicle and enclosed trailer to take him to any track he wishes...and he knows I won't ask for a nickel in gas or to be recouped for my time. Norbs rode me for years for not going as fast as I should with my mods...and I took it all in stride. One other thing. Norbs car has no safety equipment. First pass would get him booted. I've asked him countless times if he'd like me to take his car out to a track near me for 1/8th mile testing so he can make his 1/4 mile run at his home track. There's no other way he'll get that car down the track for a balls out perfect run on the first pass....and he knows it...cuz we discussed it at length. There's an 8 hour open test session at my track in the fall...and he'll have the track to himself to set it up...then he can make a full pass at his home track...but he's running out of time this year. Truth be known...Norbs and I aren't in the greatest of health...and time...really is running out.

Lol.... so tell me how u really feel. Lol seems to me like it really bothers u.... enough for u to post a remark after every post he does. It must be a love hate relationship! Lol. I know how Norbert is. I find it funny!..overall he's a nice guy! Very smart that's for sure! Don't get me wrong... In no shape, way or form am I bashing you.. I just made an observation. I notice your always throwing a rock when he post... And usually that happens when there is a little tension there. Irregardless of how or what he decides to do with his build i'm sure it will build power. . . he just needs some motivation! (and make sure his space shuttle don't blow up!) Like most of us who have done builds...I really think he just doesn't want to fail...
It was just an objective observation!
NO PUN INTENDID!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Well, I believe the only thing holding him back now is the converter....If he doesn't do it after the converter... I guess both you and I will start throwing rocks! at him that is!

You too kidlok... like a little puppy right after Scooby Doo..... Now why would you go and personally attack me and call me smallballs. I didn't get the name for being afraid that for sure....I'm like this...If you have something to say...Have some balls and say it... Don't throw rocks! Knock the f*cki*g house down...

You too kidlok... like a little puppy right after Scooby Doo..... Now why would you go and personally attack me and call me smallballs. I didn't get the name for being afraid that for sure....I'm like this...If you have something to say...Have some balls and say it... Don't throw rocks! Knock the f*cki*g house down...

Lol I wasn't personally attacking you, I misread your name. My apologies :)

I'm building him another converter. At first he wanted something that could cruise at a low rpm so we set it up tighter than normal. The combo is lower on torque on the bottom end than originally thought so we're going with something that we know will spool.

Well, I believe the only thing holding him back now is the converter....If he doesn't do it after the converter... I guess both you and I will start throwing rocks! at him that is!

The basic premise starting out for this build was Norbs wanted it to ride like a Cadillac and have perfect driveablity and go some Godawful fast number. I told him you can't have both...and he reapetedly told me he could. He also wanted it to spool instantly with a tight convertor...and I told him to spool 231 cubic inches with a bigger turbo and a tight convertor would be damn near impossible...as he's found out. His next hurdle...is putting the car on a diet...cuz it weighs more than the Titanic. I've always been the voice of reason for Norbs...but like I said...he won't listen to anyone. He has a 4 week window to get the headers out of the car and refab 'em to get the spark plugs in and out easier. While the transmission is out he can the throw that boat anchor of an overdrive unit in the lake to save some weight.

I'm building him another converter. At first he wanted something that could cruise at a low rpm so we set it up tighter than normal. The combo is lower on torque on the bottom end than originally thought so we're going with something that we know will spool.

It seems as tho mine cruises as low as it possibly could, without being too tight.

@scooby.... 4 weeks for header change...lol that some funny shit there... don't give him any ideas...lol you're going to end up delaying the innevitable...lol

It seems as tho mine cruises as low as it possibly could, without being too tight.

He's using a gear vendors overdrive unit where the cruise rpm can be really low. He needed the stall speed to be a little tighter but the motor can't spool it we're going looser.

Its all about ones peception on drivability. I cruise on the highway with no overdrive at 75 with no problems. RPMs are higher but once you used to it, no big deal. Converter is a 20 blade unit and my car is relativley heavy.
Allan G.

@scooby.... 4 weeks for header change...lol that some funny shit there... don't give him any ideas...lol you're going to end up delaying the innevitable...lol

It's not a bad idea...as he's having trouble getting the plugs in and out. Norbs can fab with the best of 'em...and he has the time.

Well... hopefully he will take it to the dyno... to get some real data and not some one elses.....Lets see what norbs is all about..

Its all about ones peception on drivability. I cruise on the highway with no overdrive at 75 with no problems. RPMs are higher but once you used to it, no big deal. Converter is a 20 blade unit and my car is relativley heavy.
Allan G.

That's what we've found as well. Even the looser converters aren't much looser at cruising rpm. The initial flash rpm will be higher but they are tighter where they need to be.

Back