Trick Billet Fuel Tank Pick-up!

How about run the stainless lines out a little further than the stock ones to clear the tank? That'll make it easier to connect the lines to the hanger anyways.

Strange...I have been thinking the same thing! I will pass that on to them. Perhaps they could make it an option.
Conrad

The prototype was shipped today (01/26/2010)! Will let everyone know how it fits/works. I ordered it with -10 feed, -8 return. Pictures to follow.
Conrad

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!! Let us know how it works and how the quality of it is. I'm still waiting to order 2 of them.

It came today. It is slick! I need to purchase one -8 AN 90 deg elbow and one -10 AN 90 deg elbow to check clearances with trunk floor w/AN fittings. Probably on Monday. Still waiting on my new camera to arrive at local WalMart. Pics when I get camera.
Conrad

E85 is STILL not available in my town so I continue to run good old gasoline. Closest E85 is over an hour away. I am currently running an Aeromotive A1000fuel pump with Aeromotive's fuel pump controller. It will work find for E85, when, or if, we ever get it in Albemarle (Stanly County) North Carolina. What are you running?
Conrad
Hot Air

I am running a two new Racetronix pumps. Stainless fuel pump hanger, complete Racetronix double pumper wire harness and bulk head,stock fuel lines, and 80# injectors.

I have the piece and am evaluating it. It is a NICE piece! Needs a few adjustments in the design. Nothing major...just some fine tuning to work with a G-body tank. I will check this weekend to verify clearances with floor of the trunk. Send me your e-mail and I wll send you photos.
Conrad

I have the piece and am evaluating it. It is a NICE piece! Needs a few adjustments in the design. Nothing major...just some fine tuning to work with a G-body tank. I will check this weekend to verify clearances with floor of the trunk. Send me your e-mail and I wll send you photos.
Conrad

Are you using an external pump setup? After talking to the vendor is seems that a double pumper or in-tank setup will not work with the sender. Could it be modified?

I guess a single in-tank pump could be used...it would take some modifying. A double in-tank pump would be more of a challenge. How good are you with a TIG welder? Shoot me your e-mail address and I will send you photos and you can decide for yourself.
Conrad
E85 Moderator

ps...I am running an Aeromotive external pump and a stock sumped tank.

I have just set the tank back up under my car with the billet sender and have not notice any interference with the trunk floor....i.e. the tank does not rock back and forth.

I have noticed several things that I think may be a problem but thought I would bounce them off of you guys and gals:
1. There are only two wires (1 is the ground) coming off the unit. The stock unit has three wires (1 is the ground). Can the fuel gauge still work with only 1 wire (plus ground)?
2. How important is it to have the 3-prong electrical connector attached to wiring for the sending unit?
3. There is no provision to vent the tank with the new sending unit. How important is venting the tank w/o modifying the tank to everyone?

I would appreciate your feedback.

Conrad

Mine worked with a NA sender one wire for ground one for the float sensor, PM sent also

Yes, I looked at my spare sending unit and there is only 1 wire to the float. What was the 2nd wire used for? A low fuel level light maybe?
Conrad