Walbro Fuel Pump Update

Does anyone know if the Red's XP pump would be affected by this failure? I heard the Red's XP pump is a re-worked Walbro 340, but Red's grinds the part number off the side of the body, so it's impossible to tell if it's a F2000169.

I called FT last week and MRS told me to hang on to mine until further notice, I havent been on much lately and just wondering about this fix? do i fix it it? when do i send my dead one in Mike?

Mike
He told me to wait until further notice. I already know where to shove it, but found that a bit uncomfortable. ;)
I'm just waiting until he tells us to ship the unit, and to where.

Called FT today...no change, hold until an announcement is made...all sales on the Walbro are put on hold as well.

Scott

That's right, the 340M was the older pump and these are all new pump designs.

Fill is in on WOT pump pressure.

The only thing new about the F20000169 is its plastic inlet which saves Walbro from having to machine the ends of the pumps which they did for 15+ years.

It is very easy to tell the difference between a GSS340M and a F20000169 even if Red does grind the numbers off.

F20000169vs340

GSS340-M-F20000169a.jpg

Walbro Fuel Pump Issues

I need to check my Fuel Pump number as I'm on my second fuel pump in 200 miles and this one also giving me problems. Thanks Mike for looking into this.

Thanks for the pic Racetronix.

Silver T, is the pump staying there throughout a 1/4 mile run or dropping even more?

I just got done spending $400 for a Denso 280, 3 pillar and digital fuel pressure gauge because of all this Walbro 1:1 stuff up top.:frown: :mad:

replaced the f20000169 (less than 3Kmiles on it) yesterday with an new old version 340M from RTX
on the first drive o2s were 750-850 and no surprise my blms dropped to 110-115 most of the grid, checked FP and with just the pump swap FP was up 3psi at idle, reset set at 43

road tested at boost 19..then 20.. 21..22.. then 23 and o2s steady at 780 no kR,
will get out to the track tonight and see how it holds through a full pass

Thanks for the pic Racetronix.

Silver T, is the pump staying there throughout a 1/4 mile run or dropping even more?

I just got done spending $400 for a Denso 280, 3 pillar and digital fuel pressure gauge because of all this Walbro 1:1 stuff up top.:frown: :mad:

While I still had the car, it would drop off to about 58~ or so, then I would get out of it. o2's would be down to around high 600 by then. :eek: Problem appeared all of as sudden, used to keep o2 counts high 700/ low 800's during a full pass.

Just in case anyone was curious, this is Red's XP pump I got a week or so ago from Cotton's. Looks like the GSS340 or GSS340M pictured in Racetronix post above (honestly I don;t know how to tell the difference or where the machining is). The pump comes with a rubber boot on the inlet end, but I removed it for the picture.

Attachments

• 1010081134a.jpg
    1010081134a.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 5,190
That looks like the 340M pump from Racetronix, with the enlarged/machined inlet. You need to slip off the foam rubber insulator from the pump to see the numbers/engravings...

Mike mentioned the 340m pump isn't one of the pumps with the problems. What he has done is moumental in trying to solve this issue for alll of us! but my 340m went south and I ordered a new one from a close freind who is a dealer. I had a new Walbro340m pump delivered to my door for only $85. WORKS PERFECT!!! :biggrin:

I have a feeling this is going to take a while, perhaps you should wait until Mike gets back to us instead of the repetitive posts asking when.
(are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet?)

We all trust Mike and Walbro at this point, and we should be prepared to wait wheter it be 90-120-180 days, and I'm sure we will get periodic updates. And then be more than adequatley satisfied.

Are we there yet??? How about why the hell should we have to wait so long to have a new part or better yet a refund. I only had a couple hundred miles, and 3 months on this last pump. The one before that only last 4k miles, and two years. Mike isn't the one to talk to, about this. We should be asking Walbro what's up?

I have a feeling this is going to take a while, perhaps you should wait until Mike gets back to us instead of the repetitive posts asking when.
(are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet?)

We all trust Mike and Walbro at this point, and we should be prepared to wait wheter it be 90-120-180 days, and I'm sure we will get periodic updates. And then be more than adequatley satisfied.

Perhaps i should have waited,but i didnt so does anyone have any updates on the new pumps that i may have missed out on?

walbro

I talked with Full Throttle yesterday. No new info yet .........nothing

Dave