Walbro fuel pump users click in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
First thought popped in my head... EBAY :D

careful guys.. :redface:

F China. Even legit parts sold here are the worst theyve ever been. Like the adjustable vac advances....I went thru 3, and just gave up. They were china crap sold by summitt/etc. Ive never seen such bad stuff, and try to always buy American. Id hate to not support Mexico! :D

ebay

i bought mine from ebay but it was Fullthrottle selling them on there. i hope it's a real walboro. Bob :)

ThikStik said:
F China. Even legit parts sold here are the worst theyve ever been. Like the adjustable vac advances....I went thru 3, and just gave up. They were china crap sold by summitt/etc. Ive never seen such bad stuff, and try to always buy American. Id hate to not support Mexico! :D

A co-worker said the other day "If China has taught us anything, its quantity or quality" :eek:

I got my Walboro 340 two years ago from Racetronix so I am 99.9% sure mine is the real deal.

Whut said:
A co-worker said the other day "If China has taught us anything, its quantity or quality" :eek:

I got my Walboro 340 two years ago from Racetronix so I am 99.9% sure mine is the real deal.

FT and Racetronix sell Walbro pumps.

We have evaluated many pumps made in China and they still have performance and quality issues.
Some flow as much as the Walbros but they draw more current and on average have a shorter hour-life.

Any easy way to spot a Walbro pump is by the gears in the bottom:

http://www.racetronix.com/Fuel_Pump_Ident.html

http://www.racetronix.com/307vs340.html

The Chinese have yet to knockoff a gear-type pump so all that we have seen to date are plastic vane types.
Most of the Chinese pumps have a mat glass-beaded surface where the Walbro pumps are more shiny with their cladding.
The Walbro logo, model and patent info are stamped into the body of the pump where most of the Chinese pumps are laser etched.

The price of the Chinese pumps are driving the market down and customers understandably expect competitive pricing on Walbro product.
Walbro killed their warranty program back in March 2004 in a cost cutting measure and at the same time raised their prices.
Some vendors opted to go with the Chinese pumps because of the higher margins to be made and replacing one under warranty is 1/3 to 1/4 the cost of a Walbro.

whats the difference if we buy chinese pumps built by the chinese or pumps built in the USA by illigeal mexican workers....? :mad:

Zhejiang Henko Auto Spare Parts Company Limited Send Trade Enquiry
BUSINESS PROFILE
Nature of Business: Manufacturers
Products Offered: specialized in electric fuel pump,module assemblyand fuel pump filter(strainer)from then on. we can provide the first-class quality products with reasonable price and superb servince .

CONTACT DETAILS
Street Address: 116-138, Daohang Road, Ruian Economic Development Zone
City: Ruian State: Zhejiang PIN: 325200 Country: China
Phone: +(86)-(577)-65514888/65889901/65889978 Fax: +(86)-(577)-65514666/65889908

oddfire6 said:
whats the difference if we buy chinese pumps built by the chinese or pumps built in the USA by illigeal mexican workers....? :mad:

:confused:

Racetronix said:
We have evaluated many pumps made in China and they still have performance and quality issues.
Some flow as much as the Walbros but they draw more current and on average have a shorter hour-life.

The Chinese have yet to knockoff a gear-type pump so all that we have seen to date are plastic vane types.

Like Jack said both he and I both are Walbro distributors and you can be sure that if you purchase an item from either of us it is geniune Walbro. I have spent hundreds of dollars to buy and test these copycat pumps, some of which we sent directly to Walbro for evaluation. They ALWAYS draw lots more current. They rarely flow as much. They usually fail quickly in a high stress application (boost, high pressure) I am working with Walbro now to get them to put up a web page of people that are authorized dealers and distributors so customers can be sure who they are dealing with. This is a big problem and we are taking it very seriously.
Mike

I've went thru 3 and 1 was the new version 340 from Full Throttle which lasted 1 month! (not downing Full Throttle, just Walbro!). I now have the Poston's and just love it!! I was trying to sell this pump and I'm glad I decided to use it !!! Made in China sucks!

http://www.postonbuick.com/eshop/10Browse.asp
Walboro Fuel Pump
Product Code: W340
$149.00

Maybe they actually are different as Poston's calls them Walboro vs. Walbro?

Our entire kit is only $139.99
RX-G77-FPA.jpg

RX-G7-FPWHG.jpg

PS. Walbro did kill their warranty program back in March 2004 due to excessive returns that were not defective. Too many people were using the swap method for diagnosing their fuel systems. Some failed due to contamination, being run dry or being dropped.

SpeednV6 said:
I've went thru 3 and 1 was the new version 340 from Full Throttle which lasted 1 month! (not downing Full Throttle, just Walbro!). I now have the Poston's and just love it!! I was trying to sell this pump and I'm glad I decided to use it !!! Made in China sucks!

You got another Walbro pump, they are NOT made in China. They are made here in Michigan.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.