Well we are finally started.....Phoenix Project aka...

THat's gonna be a sweet ride. I wish I had the patience to do all that. I can't stand to have mine not driveable anymore so I said hell with it and gonna have it painted. I don't care about the rusty bolts anymore:redface:

Hey Bob is that an E-bay intercooler? I've never seen one on a car before. It looks pretty good. Got me thinking about picking one up now....

if it is, you should do a test on it since no one else will. Be nice to see some actual info on them

Yep - good eye

Hey Bob is that an E-bay intercooler? I've never seen one on a car before. It looks pretty good. Got me thinking about picking one up now....

This was one of a couple cost saving choices I had to make. I figured I could do the right thing later when there weren't so many other demands on my dwindling pile of geetu$. I ain't trying to make a point just want to finish this project before I can't get out of the recliner any more. LOL :redface:

Couplers, clamps & piping under $220 to any door I chose for delivery. The Boss and I looked it over. Appears to be fairly heavy guage metal with nice clean consistant welds - hope it holds up. Jeremy did some cutting and fitting and it looks pretty good to my novice eye.

Gotta go for now. I will get some more pics of the return trip home later.

Attachments

• ICebayUNit.jpg
    ICebayUNit.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 184
  • ICpiping.jpg
    ICpiping.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 187
  • ICpiping1.jpg
    ICpiping1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 180
I love this intercooler! I'll be using it again any time I need a new IC. There were a few issues with the pipes but really nothing a regular guy cant overcome. Overall the quality is excellent and the price is the best part!! The only complaint I have with it is that the pipes enter and exit at the same side so flow coverage across the plates may have a tendonsy to not go across the entire intercooler. But, it's no different than a stretched stock location. This one is just flipped sideways.:biggrin:

Hey!! Outstanding! Jdpolzin!

They got internet up there??

How about fish?

Or maybe fresh air, cool breeze, clear water or maybe cold beer and no phone?

Finally summer around here. As far as paint & sheet metal - not yet but hopefully soon - I guess the Cuda project is still in the way but getting closer to done. I gotta check with Dan again.

Pumped some oil around and started it up a couple times. Woke the neighbors! :biggrin: The former Corvette owner over kitty corner gets pumped when he hears it.

We brought the GN home maybe May 18 or 19?

Pics 1 thru 4 to share:
  1. Drivetrain in - almost ready to go.
  2. Last minute connections and start up - had to find a known good coilpack/module combo. Par for the course I guess.
  3. The original GN driver seat bolted back in. The raccoons that lived in it before I got it liked the front seats as you can see. The GN had been left outside with the AC box removed making it easy for the critters to go in and out.
  4. Jeremy drove it out to the street and onto the trailer. I am glad he did - as about all I could do was smile for a few minutes there.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Attachments

• DSCN0745.jpg
    DSCN0745.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 181
  • DSCN0747.jpg
    DSCN0747.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 190
  • DSCN0749.jpg
    DSCN0749.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCN0750.jpg
    DSCN0750.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 193
Last minute thanks

1. My wife, Jeremy and a bad TFW Regal - what esle? I am not sure if the conversation was before or after the beverages..
  2. Big Baby is loaded & ready for the drive.
  3. A toast - beer & iced vodka - maybe 85 proof in honor of E85? Only one toast as we had a 2 1/2 hour commute.
  4. Home
  5. THANKS to TFW .. no BS just thanks!
Somewhere between picture 3 & 4 we had a blow out on the driver side front wheel of the trailer at about 65 mph. The trailer veered and I looked into the rear view mirror in time to see the tread rolling down the center line of HWY 61 then swerving across the rear view and onto the shoulder.
We pulled off, did some calling and with the help of a local wrecker found a spare and were on the road in about two hours. Nothing serious just another thing I'll remember.:eek:

Body parts and paint are next but will have to wait a few weeks. DAn has a Cuda to finish to make room for the GN.

Attachments

• DSCN0751.jpg
    DSCN0751.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 181
  • DSCN0754.jpg
    DSCN0754.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 179
  • DSCN0755.jpg
    DSCN0755.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 177
  • DSCN0758.jpg
    DSCN0758.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 182
  • DSCN0762.jpg
    DSCN0762.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 181
They got internet up there??

How about fish?

Or maybe fresh air, cool breeze, clear water or maybe cold beer and no phone?

Finally summer around here. As far as paint & sheet metal - not yet but hopefully soon - I guess the Cuda project is still in the way but getting closer to done. I gotta check with Dan again.

Pumped some oil around and started it up a couple times. Woke the neighbors! :biggrin: The former Corvette owner over kitty corner gets pumped when he hears it.

There's definately a lot of fish! I take my mornings to myself and let the rest of the crew go fishing. The mornings are about the time I have the chance to get online so I like to take advantage of it when I can. Then after I do my email check, I like to just sit next to the lake and enjoy the nature! We had moose loaf last night, yep thats right MOOSE LOAF!!!! Road kill cafe baby! I fed bald eagles are fish guts yesturday morning off an island on the lake. It's pretty nice up here and cant wait to come back again!

Glad to see the car is home at last and in good running order! It's going to be really nice once it's painted!:biggrin:

Blocking1.JPG Time for an update I guess. The GN is in for paint. I checked in today. Block sanding the epoxy primer on the tub has started. Final prime will come next then the nose, doors, bumpers (& fillers) trunk deck and hood will go next.

I know it's been a while but worth it seeing the highs and lows gettng ironed out. :)

Block & final prime on tub/fenders. The rest of the body parts are next.

GN001.JPGGN002.JPGGN003.JPG

Deck1.jpgGreenDoor.jpg Dan and Sandy are gettin' it straight.
thankyou2.gif
No more waffles in the hood, holes from stainless trim on those old metallic green doors filled, trunk deck drilled for GN spoiler.

Attachments

• MyHoodie.jpg
    MyHoodie.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 79
  • TheBooth.jpg
    TheBooth.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 76
Last minute thanks

1. My wife, Jeremy and a bad TFW Regal - what esle? I am not sure if the conversation was before or after the beverages..
  2. Big Baby is loaded & ready for the drive.
  3. A toast - beer & iced vodka - maybe 85 proof in honor of E85? Only one toast as we had a 2 1/2 hour commute.
  4. Home
  5. THANKS to TFW .. no BS just thanks!
Somewhere between picture 3 & 4 we had a blow out on the driver side front wheel of the trailer at about 65 mph. The trailer veered and I looked into the rear view mirror in time to see the tread rolling down the center line of HWY 61 then swerving across the rear view and onto the shoulder.

We pulled off, did some calling and with the help of a local wrecker found a spare and were on the road in about two hours. Nothing serious just another thing I'll remember.:eek:

Body parts and paint are next but will have to wait a few weeks. DAn has a Cuda to finish to make room for the GN.
Looks like Jeremy...you need a bra in the picture...lmao..love you bro.

Ahhh....I'm only an A-cup, no bra necessary!!!:p

Congrats on your car getting in to paint Bob! I'm really looking forward to getting that new motor we built running a 10 second pass! Do you want me to drive, you can sit shotgun!!!

Every now and then this old thread pops up - like a digital Turbo REGAL version of the WHACK A MOLE. Anyway I got a rear bumper, lens tint and few other A sordid things done. The lens tint was done with Niteshades & clear to be close to some TFW taillights I saw. Thanks Jeremy! I took a bunch of pictures to prove it but only three are worth looking at. BTW I need a little help finding some back up lenses.

Hope to post again before another year goes by!

Attachments

• DSCN2046a.jpg
    DSCN2046a.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCN2044a.jpg
    DSCN2044a.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCN2045a.jpg
    DSCN2045a.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 78