What are your hobbies outside Buicks/ cars?

ttypewhite

This outta get some interesting answers. Mine is mountain biking in heavy trails/ woods etc. My buddy and I strapped our bikes down and drove up to Blue Mountain for a full day of biking. I ditched the bike a couple times and saved myself from a few really bad wipe outs. My buddy wasn't so lucky. he came home with 6 stitches in his arm. The beauty about this day was very little pedalling, but tons of braking. Blue Mountain is also a sky resort so you ride up on the Gondala and bike down in the trails, not the open stretch. I tried to fly down the open section for a short bit and my speedo read 78km which is somewhere around 49- 50 mile per hour. Then I got a warning if I did that again, I am going home. Not safe when you pick up that much speed. If I could go from top to bottom of the hill, I would easily be over 120 miles per hour if not more. But I don't have the balls to be that stupid. Lets here what your hobbies are. Pics if you have them.

Golf, motorcycling (Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 classic 02'), fishin', and playing with my six year old kid.

oh yeah I like beer too!

I used to have a lot of hobbies until the kids came along. Used to ride quads and dirt bikes, paintball, and collect and shoot guns. Now I only have time for the Buick, play the bass in a small band and beer drinking every once in awhile lol.

I don't understand.. you mean there are other things to do besides cars ?? :confused: :p

Skiing. Just spent $1300 on some new stuff for the kids and boots for me.

I race cars, fondle women but a do have weekends off and I am my own boss.
..............:biggrin:

Anyone remember this....

im a chronic masterbater,drink till i cant see. some how i never have time for my car........hmmmm

Besides trying to beat Will Chamberland's record...

:D Watching my 6 godchildren grow up. Two 1 year old twin boys, one 2 year old boy, one 3 year old boy, and two girls 7 and 8. Life can be so amazing at times. I don't have any of my own yet, but they keep me on my toes! :smile:

Kevin B I didnt give up all my other hobbies once I had kids .I got three and all of their friends that tag along . They just got more expensive to do because I included my kids . I dont know how that happens to some guys , a wife is what I think . I am not attacking you just the evolution . I have RC trucks , guns , martial arts and a 79 TA . My wife will complain at times but I have three defenses . I support my hobbies doing side jobs , I bring my kids with me and finally I tell her to find a hobby . She just did palates that slows me down more than the kids . I now have to cover Friday activities ,thats the big cruise night by me .

Besides always doing something to my car. I do weightlifting and kickboxing when I can find the time. Thanks:eek:

Attachments

• P7120027-3.jpg
    P7120027-3.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 312
  • P7120019-1.jpg
    P7120019-1.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 324
Powerlifting. Watching naked women dance around:biggrin:

You mean things like eating and sleeping and going to a real job? Besides those and cars, what else is there? lol

Im usually working on my Cruiser, my Buick, my dads Caravan, my sisters Neon, my other sister just bought some POS I haven't even seen yet that she cant even get on the road yet. I help my brother with his SRT4, his honda swaps, his "buy something, fix it up and sell it" deals. Right now hes buried in a 94 Civic 2 door 5 speed that needed a motor and some bodywork, and a 01 Ram 1500 4x4 entended cab 5.8L. I also play with his toys, as I can't quite afford an ex-race yamaha R1, an R6, his dads v-star, the Raptor, or the snowmobile. And when I get to see her, my niece is awesome. Shes 7, and already is a tomboy, not afraid to get dirty in the mud, or help work on the cars. Since hes been divorced, I don't see her that often.

Actually, beyond that, I've been a drummer for around 20 years. Played in everything from peoples back porches in a field for a house party to thousand seat arenas. Everything from classical to speed metal. Live, studio, on TV, radio, whatever. Actually went to school for audio arts production. Have a yamaha custom setup with K Zildkjians, and a Roland digital 8 track recording system. Dealt with Pro Tools, MOTU, old school reel to reel, and everything in between. Used to be in a band. Just can't seem to find a band thats committed to work together long enough. So, I'm kinda writing my own stuff. Slowly. Always seem too busy to sit down and write like I used to. Drumming takes a ton of energy, and I just dont have what I used to. I get my best ideas at 11pm, but have to be up to work at 530, so you can see how it doesnt work quite right.

What Bike?

This is my bike
DSC03225.jpg

DSC03227.jpg

There is a bike in that picture? I cant see it.
My Psych blobs all look like GN's as well.

I like big wave surfing, and flying airplanes. However, when you do something for work it becomes a job. Sorta.:biggrin:

Love the car!

Kevin B I didnt give up all my other hobbies once I had kids .I got three and all of their friends that tag along . They just got more expensive to do because I included my kids . I dont know how that happens to some guys , a wife is what I think . I am not attacking you just the evolution . I have RC trucks , guns , martial arts and a 79 TA . My wife will complain at times but I have three defenses . I support my hobbies doing side jobs , I bring my kids with me and finally I tell her to find a hobby . She just did palates that slows me down more than the kids . I now have to cover Friday activities ,thats the big cruise night by me .

It's mostly a short attention span thing lol.

My wife had a quad too. The quad and dirt bike thing had to stop because I always did dumb sh*t and got hurt. I was the guy out of my friends that would always be the first one to try a big jump or big hill:eek:

I still have all my rc cars from when I used to race them (13 to 17 years old.) That hobby was replaced by real cars. The gun thing ended because I just got bored of it.

The paintballing ended because we ended up getting kicked out of the place we used to play and I guess we got bored of it too.

Most of my hobbies only have a lifespan of 3-4 years I have noticed. The only exception is the Buick, which is going on 11 years now:D

I'm thinking these car boards have become a hobby too. I find myself spending just as much time on this and a few other boards as I do working/racing/driving my car.