You can type here any text you want

What combo made your car the most fun to drive overall

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
One, 150hp powershot inlet tube NOS kit,One screw in from the bottom test pipe,(cat back kit too),One bosh aux mounted inline fuel pump from 87' 911 turbo porshe.
11.90's @119
21 psi,full exshust on L60 McCeary's - Pure Factory Motor an all it's pieces an chip,(Less the free HP tricks),Best thing about the 90's was alot of HandyWay stations sold 100 octane,unleaded blue fuel straight from the pump at 2.99 gal.

I have to say my car is a LOT of fun on the street. 6131 Turbo, 3k 9/11 L/U Torque Converter, 42.5lb Injectors, TT Chip, AlkyControl, Upgraded Valve Springs, 3" Down Pipe with Dump, and hotwired 340 pump. Simple, yet powerful. Should be able to take on most things around my neck of the woods.

The single small thing was the RJC boost adjuster screw thingy. Helped my TA49 reach full boost faster than the stock do ma thingy.

The single small thing was the RJC boost adjuster screw thingy. Helped my TA49 reach full boost faster than the stock do ma thingy.

you know I have been looking to get one of those do ma thingy's.....I currently run "tuner" style and I know that hurts my spool time....not that I have slow spool its quite the opposite but I was gonna run the factory "y" pipe and the RJC thingy...thanks for the note on the thingy;)

The best fun driving /reliable combo ever 86 T-Type 50,000 mile stock engine with exception of new valve springs,timing chain,oil pump,rear main seal. Bolt on parts;
TE-52 turbo/stock waste gate
Turbo saver remote oil filter - still using to this day
System 1 oil filter - still using to this day
Kenne Bell headers - still using to this day
Kenne Bell front mount - still using to this day
Kenne Bell 70mmtb/plenum - still using to this day
Kenne Bell ram air - still using to this day without the filter canister installed
160 degree thermostat
Rebuilt 2004r at AAMCO in Jacksonville,Fla. by Jimmy Brookshire - this guy was a great tranny builder.
Kenne Bell 11'' 2800 stall l/u
Bosch 38 lb injecters
Caspers thumbwheel chip
Holley/Walbro fuel pump
Scanmaster - still using to this day
Auburn posi unit - still using to this day
South Side Machine upper and lower rear control arms - still using to this today
LeMans 255/60/15 street radials - these tires would hookup in the rain.no kidding.
Weld Pro Stars 15-6 front, 15-8 rear
I drove this combo from 97-2000 while in Fla. and put 50,000 miles on it during that time. I was on the road everytime i got the chance driving all over Fla.; Tampa,Orlando,Miami,Daytona,Bradenton, I even made 4 trips to Ohio during that time and a couple times to SC and never had a single problem,the only preps i did when going on a trip was to put gas in it and go. The only maintenance was oil changes,sparkplugs,air filter cleaning.

These were great times with these cars, they were a lot of fun and the costs were easier to deal with, and like bison was saying there was not much out on the street that you could not cover with a good combo back then.

fastblackracing said:
These were great times with these cars, they were a lot of fun and the costs were easier to deal with, and like bison was saying there was not much out on the street that you could not cover with a good combo back then.

Way back then if your car ran sub 12.50 not much was going to touch you. Just getting your car to hook hard on the street being nearly stock with the stuff I mentioned made it very potent. I raced many times and rarely lost.

going from stock to a 5857

Ditto this. I just put a 5857 on mine. Throw in a set of Nitto NT01's and the car is a blast. Put your foot in it and it goes, and with the R-compound tires you don't have to lift to turn... much.

Plus these Nittos have to be the quietest tire I've ever used. No noise except engine and wind. They're fantastic. Too bad I'll have to replace them after 5000 miles...

I'd have to say the current setup on my 87 so far has been the most fun to drive for me...
50k mile stock unopened long block, TA61, 3" Houston dp, 120# inj, E85, Jimmy's trans with a 3000 Yank converter, GN1 dual cat back, 26psi.... Can't bring myself to change anything now....until I break something, that is...

TE44 and 25psi with alky. Stock engine except cam. 100's of passes and 87k miles on the clock. I'll drop a new motor in at 100k and put this one on a stand just in case I regret my decision. Times in sig and it runs the same on the street as the strip just not as much hook on the street.:(

well while i love my current set-up but the money factor ..........

Way way back when i was a young pup.......

I purchased my car in the fall of 98 it was stock!(engine, trans) with a chip and a fuel pump /hot wire and valve springs, a 3inch gm maf/translator and a flow munster exhaust

I slowly started hopping it up. The stock turbo failed and i was able to get my hands on a TE-34 and a BGC customs 2 piece downpipe. I later added a duttweiler neck on the stock I/C and Alky (smc unit) When the stock trans died i had it redone and that helped the car out big time! i also added a 3k stall from a buddy's monte carlo with a 383 stroker.

I beat the shit out of it at the race track on street tires! IT would run consistantly in the 8.1x's in the 1/8 mile on 245 radials 1.8 60 fts. I tried to push it harder with more boost but i ran the stock inj static!

I ran that for awhile till it blew up......... i broke both center main caps and ripped the main webbing to the cam bearings..... So being a young pup i sold it :( a couple of yrs later i was able to buy it back... I learned can't have a hot-rod and drive it daily and expect not to hurt it!

When i bought it back it. The guy had installed a .040 bore engine with kb pistons with all the stuff i sold it with.. I later started modding it again.

I added some ported irons and a 200/200 cam and gt6152e turbo 55lb inj. 3200 9x11 convertor and a fast b2b and a front mount. Atr crossflow exhaust and a used THDP . It run 7.20's in the 1/8.

After beating on it for a few yrs i killed a couple of headgaskets due to fuel pump issues twice (walbro's) hence a douple pumper with red xp's !!

So i after that aftermath i decided to build my own engine with new parts not somebody's else used up junk! and that's my current combo in the sig since 2010.

Runs 6.40's in the 1/8 107 mph !

I still drive it on the street and it's a blast to drive @ very low boost 15 lbs and it's pretty dang quick there without being a complete monster on the street using true radials. I drive it a bunch too! i prolly have 7-8k miles on the motor now.

But when the car was in the bolt on stage in the early 2000's was a lot of fun!

For what I got into my car money wise its pretty damn fun to drive, but it was a lot more fun messing around with the stock setup. Especially when I was asked what was done with it, and I reply, "nothing, just cranked up the boost"

I'd have to say the current setup on my 87 so far has been the most fun to drive for me...
50k mile stock unopened long block, TA61, 3" Houston dp, 120# inj, E85, Jimmy's trans with a 3000 Yank converter, GN1 dual cat back, 26psi.... Can't bring myself to change anything now....until I break something, that is...
Better not break it before rnr!

I bought mine completely stock in 1997 from a Illinois state trooper. I remember after he signed the title and he was handing it over he said "when you wreck it please call me so I can buy it back". I was 17 at the time. I didnt undestand then, I do now. It didnt take long and I installed a cold air kit, cat delete, custom exhaust, threaded the wastegate rod and tried about 10 different chips. I would pump in 100 octane turbo blue from the local shell station and seriously smoke everything on the street. I dont know what it was but my car then would just hook and run. I beat cars that were way faster than mine. My best run was a seriously built mustang. I hooked and left him at the line. He was gaining it back on the big end, he got his fender by my door. Then Boom he dropped a cylinder. He was so shocked and nervous with how hard I left him that he was revving it way past the redline to catch up.... It was awesome. I made him pay up the $50.00 we had on the line. His buddy started talking smack so I left them out on the country road (no cell phones then). Good times..... I have often thought about buying a stock jasper rebuild and ending this visious cycle.

i think my best street car combo was stock unopened block te44,3DP,3000 stall,good set of d/r 28lbs of boost,alky,50lbs injectors,and all the nec bolt on's

I bought mine completely stock in 1997 from a Illinois state trooper. I remember after he signed the title and he was handing it over he said "when you wreck it please call me so I can buy it back". I was 17 at the time. I didnt undestand then, I do now. It didnt take long and I installed a cold air kit, cat delete, custom exhaust, threaded the wastegate rod and tried about 10 different chips. I would pump in 100 octane turbo blue from the local shell station and seriously smoke everything on the street. I dont know what it was but my car then would just hook and run. I beat cars that were way faster than mine. My best run was a seriously built mustang. I hooked and left him at the line. He was gaining it back on the big end, he got his fender by my door. Then Boom he dropped a cylinder. He was so shocked and nervous with how hard I left him that he was revving it way past the redline to catch up.... It was awesome. I made him pay up the $50.00 we had on the line. His buddy started talking smack so I left them out on the country road (no cell phones then). Good times..... I have often thought about buying a stock jasper rebuild and ending this visious cycle.
I know what you mean, my good stage motor is almost done and ready to go in, but I have a nice pile of stock block stuff so I can go back to old combo someday, The fun factor was huge back then.

i just fully rebuilt my motor less than 1 month ago. i need help. im new to The GRand Nationals. I just ordered a 6262 Turbo. I wanna know whats a good combo. From top to bottom. I need help. Example, torque convertor.etc

This car still the same way TE44,Blue tops,THDP,V4,Redstripe,kirban springs,boxed trailing arms,ATR Sway Bar,ATR Crossflow exhaust,ported stock plenum,ported stock headersThrasher prom.11.69 with stock IC in 99 ....Engine has never been apart .Raced 3 years over 500 passes
RETIRED FROM RACING IN 2000 .This one is my baby after all
It Just plain F'n ROCKS just turn the key and go!
1999 gn bobbybuick.jpg
photo.JPG

TODAY tamed down a little

Back