You can type here any text you want

Whats with the aftermarket frt control arms?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gnfanatic

Hey guys, I am planning to redo my whole front end this spring and have been looking at upper and lower tubular control arms. I have noticed a big difference in design between the manufacturers who makes them. It seems to me some are only for track use becuase they really dont look like they can handle everyday road abuse. Metco makes a front control arms for our cars, it makes some of the other ones look very flimsy! SO, for those of you have aftermarkets ones please let me know if:

1-) your Buick is a STREET car
2-) any problems
3-) How do they feel?
4-) was it worth it??

thanks guys!

Just replace your bushings with Moog Problem solvers in the lower arms, he stock lowers are good and are strong there is no real need to spend the money on lowers. Get a set of Howes lower Ball Joints from Savitske Classic & Custom and get a set of adjustable upper control arms from Marc as well. That is the best bang for the buck and gives you adjustablility unlike other manufactures. This will help with our Bump Steer issues. Great set up, if you want the car a little lower. Check out this thread:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...ls/244936-moog-5658-front-spring-results.html

Just replace your bushings with Moog Problem solvers in the lower arms, he stock lowers are good and are strong there is no real need to spend the money on lowers. Get a set of Howes lower Ball Joints from Savitske Classic & Custom and get a set of adjustable upper control arms from Marc as well. That is the best bang for the buck and gives you adjustablility unlike other manufactures. This will help with our Bump Steer issues. Great set up, if you want the car a little lower. Check out this thread:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...ls/244936-moog-5658-front-spring-results.html

x2.

I installed new moog bushings about 6 years ago, they are shot now. Are the "problem solvers" a different model in the moog line up? And why howes Lower ball joints instead of moogs?

thanks!

I have BMR's and like them alot, 3000 miles ayear and very smooth

I want those for my '86 as well. Any fitment problems or problems during installation? They look like they'll last a long while. I want my car to handle a little better so I think those and some 1LE springs would do the trick. Along with the LS-1 brake conversion. Car already has KYBs and a 36mm bar, and I'll be calling Mark @ SC&C to order a frame brace here real soon.

How well does your car handle? I have GTAs all around on mine.

I put 7000+ miles on my GN in the first year!:eek: :D

I installed new moog bushings about 6 years ago, they are shot now. Are the "problem solvers" a different model in the moog line up? And why howes Lower ball joints instead of moogs?

thanks!

These moog are made of high durameter rubber which is harder than most rubber bushings but softer than polly and wont squeek like the polly bushings. I have them in my car and I have just about every possible trick done to mine suspension wise. The Howes BJ's are taller which lowers the car and helps the front end geometery to get rid of the bump steer issues the stock BJ and spindles have.

These moog are made of high durameter rubber which is harder than most rubber bushings but softer than polly and wont squeek like the polly bushings. I have them in my car and I have just about every possible trick done to mine suspension wise. The Howes BJ's are taller which lowers the car and helps the front end geometery to get rid of the bump steer issues the stock BJ and spindles have.

Does Moog have problem solver bushings for the upper A-arms and rear control arms as well?? I was thinking of replacing all of them on my daily driver.

The GN will definitely get the upgrading arms in a couple of months. Looks like maybe the Street-Comp AFX Package.

Cant go wrong with that set up!!!! I have never installed the rear Moog Bushings but I am 99% sure they do. Call up your local Oreilly's. Or check Rockauto.com

You can also go to smiley.com. It's a round track shop but their prices are good and service is great.

Back