Why is my GN so slow???

Fuel pump hotwire kit, Turbo Tweak chip and bigger injectors would be a good start.

You are darn lucky you didn't spit a headgasket out @ 20psi with the stock chip and crappy pump gas. :eek:

My biggest point of advise.... quit beating on the car until you get your $hit together my friend. You are damn lucky if there is no damage to the engine already.

As others have said..... read up TONS on here.

Do a spring cleaning (clean air filter,new plugs, wires, flush I/C, etc.)

Get a modern chip (TurboTweak) in ASAP!! That's most likely where alot of the knock is coming from.

Get a chip & injector combo from Eric (TurboTweak) It will be the best money you can spend at the moment. 42 Lb injectors are plenty good, but if you plan on getting really nasty in the future, maybe you'll want to spring for the 60 Lb.

turn the boost down even more.you should have 0 knock.And if you see knock get right off the throttle.Its very easy to blow the headgaskets and it really sucks to do them.And 11s on the stock turbos not easy to do,must people dont even get close to that #.Mines far from stock and i only run 11.7s.

Thanks guys I will read up more, I just got back from turning the boost down and seeing what the numbers are and here is what I got

@16lbs. of boost my O2 was at 804 and 10.5 retard degs. @WOT my tps. is at .46 closed and 4.76 ish

And it has the stock chip in it

What else is there that is making me get knock
I just put on new coil,wires and plugs and that pump but hotwire

Thanks, Dan

That's still too much boost for a stock chip. The stock chip has too much timing for modern crappy gas. A moreu modern chip with lower timing will allow you to run that boost without knock retard.

That's still too much boost for a stock chip. The stock chip has too much timing for modern crappy gas. A moreu modern chip with lower timing will allow you to run that boost without knock retard.

+1

did you find out which chip is in your ecm? 10.5* is alot of knock retard and can definately do damage. any knock you get is slowing you down, so tune for NO knock. a hotwire will help with fuel, but I don't think your gonna want stock injectors for your goals.

Where are you located? There are probably more than a few people in your area that are willing to help you in person.

Where are you located?

If you are any where near me, PM or email me.

I am sure we can help you out.

There are a lot of us here in the Midwest, I am in Elburn about 15 miles west of Wheaton. You can bring the car by on a Saturday or give me a call at 630-965-1987.

Prasad

If wickedv6 invites you over your best bet would be to take him up on the offer ASAP

FWIW,my 87 has gone a best of 13.98 to a worst of 14.24 over a course of 12 runs at a track rental...my car is pretty stock,listed in my signature.MPH was anywhere from 96 to 98...boost is max of 17 lbs.

Ok I am reading up more and more on the site and seeing what people are telling me to do. After turning down the boost on the car which it is at 16lbs of boost which, I am not driving it or getting on it untill I get this knock taken car of. I was reading and seeing what turbotweak chips do I went ahead and ordered my hotwire kit, and 60lbs injectors and a matching TT chip, which I know is over kill for what I have atm but I could not pass up the deal from turbotweak and my injectors that I have now, that are stock and look very old and I think are OE 28lbers with 119,XXX on them and now I won't have to get new injectors for some time now

I will still take (WickedV6) up on that offer if the weather holds up with the rain ect ect but I got your number and will have to get in touch with ya

Thanks, Dan

Sounds like you are off to a good start. It should run like a whole 'nuther car with just those changes alone.

Just remember to set fuel pressure where Eric suggests (43psi w/vac line off) and every time you make a change to the combo, it's a good idea to reset the ECM by unplugging/replugging the orange wire.

here are the must have Turbo buick upgrades:

TT chip..
Injectors...
Pump/Hotwire...
Alkycontrol.com Meth kit...

....get these together and you will NEVER be upset again!!....:cool:

that is a great deal from Eric on his website on the chip injector deal good choice.

read that spring cleaning article fir the basics like MAF screen throttle body hoses and all the stuff on there it is good info.you are off and running now your life will change and youll be running 11s before you know it