You can type here any text you want

70GTQ... how's this puppy 'gonna work on my combo ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

yullose

Certified Gun Nut
Here's a pile of parts I gathered up today...

70GTQ w/.85 exhaust housing
70mm Accufab
Precision upper plenum
RJC plate
83lb injectors
Modded ECM

The biggest thing I still need to gather up yet is a FMIC...:cool:

I 'guess I can expect it to be a little more laggy with my combo than the CPT66BB ? ;)

DSC067442.jpg

DSC067432.jpg

DSC067402.jpg

DSC067412.jpg

DSC067392.jpg

DSC067422.jpg

DSC067452.jpg

DSC067382.jpg

Might want to loosen up that converter a bit. 36-3800 rpm.

I was thinking it would be easier to add a shot of nitrous instead. :cool:

And to add... I'm not sure who did the ECM, since I just bought it this way... but I believe Bob Bailey does/did them.

I just had that exact same turbo on my car. It had me sliding all over the place with my combo at 13lb of boost. I let a friend of mine drive around the block and he said he thought he hit some gravel when he hit second gear.:biggrin: Imo u should luv it

If thats a journal turbo then it will be a pig without nitrous and less than 3800 converter on a 231. You will need nitrous to get a good spoolup. I didnt see any type of wideband datalogging setup listed either. MAFT Pro? If not you are headed for a tuning disaster.

If thats a journal turbo then it will be a pig without nitrous and less than 3800 converter on a 231. You will need nitrous to get a good spoolup. I didnt see any type of wideband datalogging setup listed either. MAFT Pro? If not you are headed for a tuning disaster.

I have a powerlogger ECM, pre-turbo EGT sensor, LM1 wideband, etc... just none of it is hooked up at the moment.
I had a bunch of electrical issues to sort out after buying the car, so that stuff was unhooked and removed temporarily. I hung on to it and will eventually get it back on the car once I figure out how it all works together. ;)

I also plan to swap the 200R4 for a transbrake'd TH400 eventually, so the converter/trans combo will be better matched when that happens.

FWIW... if anyone wants to swap transmissions and converters , I have all fresh and good stuff in the car right now. Less than 2000 miles on it, with fresh crisp shifts. It would almost be ashame to leave it in the car until it breaks. :D

I think the turbo will be great. I had a 72R on my car and although it was a bit laggy, it was by no means horrible.

Well... "It has begun"

83lb Injectors, 70mm TB & plenum, 70GTQ... are all on the car.

Eric is burning me an Alky chip and a C16 race chip.

Hopefully the chips and front mount will be here by the end of the week.

DSC068062.jpg

DSC068072.jpg

You put that big blow dryer on there and then a restrictor plate under the plenum. :eek: LOL!

Back