You can type here any text you want

ATR rear bar and Hotchkis front bar

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
:D

Bends are essentially the same too. Here's a couple pics:

As far as being poor, tonight Ashley is out of town for work and my son is at his grandparents......guess what I'm doing? Sitting here on TurboBuick.com and drinking Boones Farm Wine!!!!!! HAHA!!! Yeah dude, I'm poor!:biggrin: Trust me!

I can see pretty clearly the bend is alot sooner with the f-body one. I also came across a few posts about that issue of the bend happening before the exit of the bushing. That is what made me go to the hotchkis. I couldn't bear to see that. Me being anal, I didnt like the fact that it could bind. Looks good though.

DAMN! Boones farm! I used to drink that back in the high school days and I have to say it was the best tasting alcohol I ever had. No shame in drinking that at all.

I do agree with you on the part numbers though! Out of argument sake, beings the Hotchkis bars come with mounting brackets and endlinks, the part numbers are 2203F and 2201F. Very similar part numbers, I wonder if it's just a difference in endlinks and brackets? The brackets and endlinks are different for the Camaros so maybe the bar is the same from Hotchkis? I'll call them tomorrow just to find out.

I can see pretty clearly the bend is alot sooner with the f-body one. I also came across a few posts about that issue of the bend happening before the exit of the bushing. That is what made me go to the hotchkis. I couldn't bear to see that. Me being anal, I didnt like the fact that it could bind. Looks good though.

DAMN! Boones farm! I used to drink that back in the high school days and I have to say it was the best tasting alcohol I ever had. No shame in drinking that at all.

My 36mm bar mounting points arent on the bends. Keep in mind, you have a larger diameter bar so the bends take up more space. Either way, my 36mm bar fits and performs awesome. I would never spend $300 on a front bar for a G-Body when I can have a 1lE for $75. I have close to $3000 in my front end suspension and brakes. I dont think I have cut it short in any way.

Yeah, Boones Farm tastes GREAT!

I do agree with you on the part numbers though! Out of argument sake, beings the Hotchkis bars come with mounting brackets and endlinks, the part numbers are 2203F and 2201F. Very similar part numbers, I wonder if it's just a difference in endlinks and brackets? The brackets and endlinks are different for the Camaros so maybe the bar is the same from Hotchkis? I'll call them tomorrow just to find out.

The curves of the f-body come close to the frame and almost appear like they would hit if you hit a heavy bump. I would be willing to put money that the sway bars are different as far as hotchkis or edelbrock go. The bends are in different places. If you spent $3000 on your whole setup, then what in the hell else did you buy?:p The hotchkis or edelbrock hollow sway bars are only $200 by the way, and they are powdercoated and made of a more durable material, and you have piece of mind that they fit right. To me it was a no brainer. Besides, all the f-body sway bars I found in the junkyard and sold paid for the Hotchkis bar and had money left over. :D

We'll have to hook up at the next midwest meet! I'll show you some of the cool sh*t on the front end!

I would drive it up when we meet up for the dash and AC Lines but the GN probably wouldnt like this 10" of snow! I'd probably get stuck in my driveway!

BTW, do you have any more 1LE bars? Keep your eyes peeled if you see another one at the yards.

Back