Before Black BS'ing thread.

okay, its offical, im getting a tow hook, and im takin the buick apart... with whatever I can do with my tools if need be, i can tow the mu****er out of the unit and drag it home.

question is... where to start???:confused:

Start with the hood release lever, pull it toward you. This is after you open the drivers door first of course.

okay, its offical, im getting a tow hook, and im takin the buick apart... with whatever I can do with my tools if need be, i can tow the mu****er out of the unit and drag it home.

question is... where to start???:confused:

bring it to the guy charlie was talking about. get some help.

bring it to the guy charlie was talking about. get some help.

i have talked to him, and Charlie was right.. he dont like our C/T systems too much. I think he said an ls1 or a buick 350 was a better idea, and that swapping to a SFI was a waste of money (wich it kinda is) Im going to take it to GNorthwest and see what if they can or are willing to do anything with it, and then in the future take it to a reputible rebuild shop I was able to find.

Thanks matt , that towbar idea was a good one.

i have talked to him, and Charlie was right.. he dont like our C/T systems too much. I think he said an ls1 or a buick 350 was a better idea, and that swapping to a SFI was a waste of money (wich it kinda is) Im going to take it to GNorthwest and see what if they can or are willing to do anything with it, and then in the future take it to a reputible rebuild shop I was able to find.

Thanks matt , that towbar idea was a good one.

Sometimes the simplest idea works. I am glad it helped.

What would happen if I were to run methanol with my nitrous kit? Wouldn’t I have a supper cool intake charge? Why has no one thought of this.

You'll have a cool intake charge with the alky injection. Just running even -20 washer fluid will make a huge improvement. I could tell when mine would kick on because it would pull like a train.

What would happen if I were to run methanol with my nitrous kit? Wouldn’t I have a supper cool intake charge? Why has no one thought of this.

Ask DonWG. He's running his on meth and nitrous on his drag car. Intake temps can litterally freeze the intake if it's below 50.:biggrin:

dammnit guys, what side of the engine is the PCV valve on? went to start the car, and I think i may just need to replace the PCV to reroute the blowby problems perhaps... Fired right up... even idled nicely. No shutters... nothin.
id rather have it go out the exhaust than out of the oil fill tube and into the filter box (but would rather have none of the problems at all.. lol

Did a little bodywork on it... replaced the trim, vents, some interior trim, and im now trying to splice and sodder some wires for the passenger side window switch, and see if i can get my hands on some power door lock switches. (just found out i have them... lol) uumm, getting ready to bleed the brakes later tonite or tommorow and replace the last spark plug, and see what we can do for carb adjustments... wish Aj was here, id take tht carb off his hands asap!! do ditch that edels*it carb.

did you just edit your post?
the funny thing is i did some bodywork today too. did you see the corvette progress on facebook? i bought the sealer today. soon i will finish that dang thing.

Hey guys, someone I was talking to has a friend with a brand new carb-turbo engine. From what I was told, it was a brand new GM block that they put brand new pistons, rings, etc etc on. It is 100% complete from what I was told. I didn't get a chance to look at it, but I am sure I could. I just thought someone here might be interested. If you are, send me a PM and we can arrange something.

Thanks
ZNix