Before Black BS'ing thread.

I learned a long time ago...no one is going to help you until you learn to help yourself. If it's a money issue, maybe you need to get it. Working at taco bell for 9 bucks an hour is better than standing in the driveway with your friends and making 0 dollar an hour. I missed some very good oppurtunities in my life because I was too busy partying with my friends and chasing dumb b!tches. Don't whine and cry about not having the resources and knowledge about getting your machine running. ANyone can be taught, whether its from a book or someone giving you hands on experience. Cars are easy, we aren't reinventing the wheel or splitting the atom here. So quit cryin and get sh!t done. You got a job? If not, get one. Learn some sort of trade so you can make some side cash and/or trade for other work-male giggalo doesn't work, trust me I tried. Make some new friends. Someone always needs help doing something so offer help when you got free time. THis is how you begin to make "connections"

Example: I helped move 2 pop machines, a pool table, fooseball table, and dartboard for a guy I met last weekend. No it wasn't a date either;) In turn he is going to help me roof a part of my house since I don't know what the hell I'm doing.
#2: Sister in law brings new boyfriend to our house the first time. Says he has no place to work on his car, did a motor swap in a non heated 1 stall last winter. He walks in the garage and sees my pos. He says "I can paint that for ya" SO we made a deal 2k for labor plus materials and we have an engine rebuild party over the winter:cool:

Have you seen the movie Gran Torino? THe kid don't know his face from his ass at the beginning. Eventually he learns not to be so incompetent.

I learned a long time ago...no one is going to help you until you learn to help yourself. If it's a money issue, maybe you need to get it. Working at taco bell for 9 bucks an hour is better than standing in the driveway with your friends and making 0 dollar an hour. I missed some very good oppurtunities in my life because I was too busy partying with my friends and chasing dumb b!tches. Don't whine and cry about not having the resources and knowledge about getting your machine running. ANyone can be taught, whether its from a book or someone giving you hands on experience. Cars are easy, we aren't reinventing the wheel or splitting the atom here. So quit cryin and get sh!t done. You got a job? If not, get one. Learn some sort of trade so you can make some side cash and/or trade for other work-male giggalo doesn't work, trust me I tried. Make some new friends. Someone always needs help doing something so offer help when you got free time. THis is how you begin to make "connections"

Example: I helped move 2 pop machines, a pool table, fooseball table, and dartboard for a guy I met last weekend. No it wasn't a date either;) In turn he is going to help me roof a part of my house since I don't know what the hell I'm doing.
#2: Sister in law brings new boyfriend to our house the first time. Says he has no place to work on his car, did a motor swap in a non heated 1 stall last winter. He walks in the garage and sees my pos. He says "I can paint that for ya" SO we made a deal 2k for labor plus materials and we have an engine rebuild party over the winter:cool:

Have you seen the movie Gran Torino? THe kid don't know his face from his ass at the beginning. Eventually he learns not to be so incompetent.

not even that... i do make money helping people move... it aint much, but its decent. I just got alot of people ive gotta deal with, lets just say I know alot more people and even more about them than I want to know... I may just say fu*k it and pull the heads today.... (saw grand torino.. didnt like it) aha, I dont know alot of people who are mechanically inclined exept for one, and he is on the missing persons list (seriously if you see him call the police) Do you own your one car garage space? I have a storage unit (as mentioned before) i cant believe i got bitched at for putting coolant in the radiator... and yes they do check indivdual units where Im (you can store cars, just cant work on them, dont make alot of since). Ive made up my mind, if i can get my motor out, imm going to take it to a good word of mouth rebuild shop in Puyallup.. and see if they do a good job.

I can always keep in the back of my mind, there is someone worse off:tongue:

Anyway.....you need to go to your local cruise spot and get to know some people that can teach you something. Even if you stand there and hand them tools while they're working on their own stuff will be beneficial for you. If you get in good with a few people they may help you out more than you think. Just don't be a dumb ass and act like you know more than you really do. Just as well clean your slate and start over. Try to find a local club to get in with also, even if it's mostly internet based something is better than nothing. I'm not saying go hang out with wannabe ricers and guys driving beat up regals with 307s and no exhaust that think they have race cars either. Look for the guys that have running projects on the street, honda guys that have homemade turbo setups, turbo ls1s in junk chevy pickups, that sort of thing. Real car guys don't have bling on their car, unless it was cheap:biggrin: And quit worrying about your friend's problems. Not in high school anymore. You got your own **** to worry about. And get them goddam spokes off that car. Sell them and buy some buick rallies and make the car look right. You don't build lowriders out of TRs. You save the n/a cars for that:cool:

[YOUTUBEhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW5JCFvevJ4][/YOUTUBE]

Anyway.....you need to go to your local cruise spot and get to know some people that can teach you something. Even if you stand there and hand them tools while they're working on their own stuff will be beneficial for you. If you get in good with a few people they may help you out more than you think. Just don't be a dumb ass and act like you know more than you really do. Just as well clean your slate and start over. Try to find a local club to get in with also, even if it's mostly internet based something is better than nothing. I'm not saying go hang out with wannabe ricers and guys driving beat up regals with 307s and no exhaust that think they have race cars either. Look for the guys that have running projects on the street, honda guys that have homemade turbo setups, turbo ls1s in junk chevy pickups, that sort of thing. Real car guys don't have bling on their car, unless it was cheap:biggrin: And quit worrying about your friend's problems. Not in high school anymore. You got your own **** to worry about. And get them goddam spokes off that car. Sell them and buy some buick rallies and make the car look right. You don't build lowriders out of TRs. You save the n/a cars for that:cool:

[YOUTUBEhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW5JCFvevJ4][/YOUTUBE]

hey those came custom on the car.. lmao.. no they are coming off. I do want to find a car club especially a turbo buick one, but thats like finding a needle in a haystack out here.. I know some good lowrider folks though, but if i get good with them, my car will have 3 wheel motion by the time we are done.. lol.. wish i lived further south, i could get some real help from the folks in cali... I miss my mechanic, fully build 396ss chevelle, major suspenson mods, NASTY car...

Well you aren't gonna get any p#ssy living through someone elses dream. Learn how to do the work so you don't have to rely on someone else. Girls like guys that can fix things plus it leads to "other stuff" 90% of the time. You'll learn someday. I'm done preaching. If you have any actual tech questions I'll chime in. I'm out.

told ya:rolleyes: yea, pat83t I think lives in vancouver... but thats a 2 hour drive and the buick aint up to it, and I was reccomended a shop that does work on SFI cars in Lynnwood, but that shop is gonna cost more to do it than what i got the car for:rolleyes: GNorthwest I think only specalizes in 86/87 and RARELY works on 84/85s, and i was told that a SFI swap would cost about 10 grand:eek: Im kind of on my own, and i dont have the inginuity let alone tools to get the job done sadly. my mechanic friend has gone missing and nobody has heard from him in since february.. so hes now a registered missing person:eek:

Keep in mind ill do whatever i have to do to get the car going...

wish i didnt live here:frown: really gone downhill in a handbasket...

and as for the valve job thats cool, but sounds extremily expensive...
hmm wonder how much it would cost to ship an engine???

you have a truck now right! get a tow bar. issue solved. :biggrin:

In other news, I went to the car show the other day. I have some noise coming from the right side of the car. I think it’s in the suspension. (Only happened when I hit bumps) I jacked up the car, took off the tire, and found nothing loose. :mad:All the steering stuff is new as well as the shocks and ball joints. Any ideas? I might as well post the pictures of the show for you guys too.:biggrin:

Attachments

• 270022_10150246810163166_88044393165_7392290_3229577_n.jpg
    270022_10150246810163166_88044393165_7392290_3229577_n.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 137
  • SDC10149.jpg
    SDC10149.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 151
  • SDC10153.jpg
    SDC10153.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 157
My suspenstion is squeaky! Its so annoying:mad: I think its the drivers side upper control arm... I have lubed it many times and it doesn't last... time to replace the rubber on them maybe?

Sold my 84 grand national grille today, hoping to sell my turbo hood but oh well:rolleyes: anyway, he took me to a cool autobody/minor custom mechanic shop in neighboring Fife today, they were willing to take a look at Mr Tee and get a feel for how much it would cost me to do some bodywork and some mechanical work to it. I want the car to look like an 86 T-type, but have an 83 heart and mechanics. If they are willing to do a tune or rebuild, id have the heads ported, see if Earlbrown has any timing covers left, get the damn edelbrock off of the motor, and beg Aj for his stock 83 carb, and ask charlief1 to show me how to do what he did to his plenum. (althought i guarantee they are gonna talk me into going SFI) ive got good idea.. so now to save some money and gather some literature! and perhaps more tools:D

Sold my 84 grand national grille today, hoping to sell my turbo hood but oh well:rolleyes: anyway, he took me to a cool autobody/minor custom mechanic shop in neighboring Fife today, they were willing to take a look at Mr Tee and get a feel for how much it would cost me to do some bodywork and some mechanical work to it. I want the car to look like an 86 T-type, but have an 83 heart and mechanics. If they are willing to do a tune or rebuild, id have the heads ported, see if Earlbrown has any timing covers left, get the damn edelbrock off of the motor, and beg Aj for his stock 83 carb, and ask charlief1 to show me how to do what he did to his plenum. (althought i guarantee they are gonna talk me into going SFI) ive got good idea.. so now to save some money and gather some literature! and perhaps more tools:D

Stop trying to add performance to the car just do a stock rebuild. The cost in the end is not going to be worth it. Having someone do all that is going to cost too much. Do the bodywork yourself its not that hard. I did my car when I was 17. I even have some trophies. (now i just go to cruise nights) people at car show are not as nice as people at cruise nights. any way you are going to have to do some work on your car or the cost will kick you. use your mind there are way around everything. you dont have a engine hoist, pull everything off the engine then have a bunch of budies hulk it or get a block and tackle pull it with that. use your mind, use some back yard mechanics.

Attachments

• 207239_105315626221173_100002282090046_49827_413045_n.jpg
    207239_105315626221173_100002282090046_49827_413045_n.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 112
The best thing for him to do would be to enroll in a mechanics class and have someone that knows something teach him. Maybe if he's paying to be taught he might actually listen and learn something.

The best thing for him to do would be to enroll in a mechanics class and have someone that knows something teach him. Maybe if he's paying to be taught he might actually listen and learn something.

u guys like UTI? anyway, im looking for a rebuild shop that will rebuild the motor with the top end attached or if i need to remove it myself. vacuum lines, carb, dist, intake, turbo, ect. Bates aint gonna cut it...

Texas State Technical College or any place that has college at the end of it is a good idea. Usually these are state run and places like UTI are for profit so the educaton isn't always the best.

Texas State Technical College or any place that has college at the end of it is a good idea. Usually these are state run and places like UTI are for profit so the educaton isn't always the best.

and how fars is TST from Tacoma??? lol, thats one thing that sucks about this state, its a profit state, there aernt alot of state run schools let alone i cant even think of ones that teach trades, Bates was okay, but ive heard alot of complaints from there mechanics Dept. I may try Clover Park TC, but they are Extremely expensive and you have to have your own tools. Hope I can qualify for a FAFSA...

Washington really does suck:frown: Tacoma is boss however:p I did call a local rebuild shop in Puyallup. If i can get some help pulling the engine, i can just put it in the suburban and haul it over to the rebuild shop, thats IF they dissasemble diffrent components of the engine ie, fuel syste, electrical connections, ignition, ect. Looking at about 1600 to 2100 for a rebuild.

My point is that you need to go to an accredited college. A degree will carry you further than a certificate. even though it will be much harder.

My point is that you need to go to an accredited college. A degree will carry you further than a certificate. even though it will be much harder.

understood... how long did it take you, i only qualified for a certificate, and it took me almost 2 1/2 years (woulda helped if I stayed focused:rolleyes:) I started going to the junkyards and dissasembaling and assembaling engine parts with the tools I have it (25$ AZ tool kit and some other HF tools). I ws able to use that strategy to work on my suburban a bit. would help if it wasnt so damn hot.

understood... how long did it take you, i only qualified for a certificate, and it took me almost 2 1/2 years (woulda helped if I stayed focused:rolleyes:) I started going to the junkyards and dissasembaling and assembaling engine parts with the tools I have it (25$ AZ tool kit and some other HF tools). I ws able to use that strategy to work on my suburban a bit. would help if it wasnt so damn hot.

My parents were the biggest problem I had. I went to Tarrant County Junoir College and lived at home, and then dropped out.:redface: I had the chance to join the Sheriffs department and my mom had a cow, to say the least.:eek:

Mom offered me free tuition ect if I went down to TSTC and went for a degree.:smile: My father died while I was home in what was supposed to be my last semester and my fiance dumped me 2 days later.:mad: I was an honor student while I was there and was the second in the VICA state wide testing for techs. It took me 1 extra semester to finish so total time was 2 years total.:smile:

I'm not telling the rest of the story but needless to say, if I didn't get away from my family I would've never made it out with a degree.:redface:

My parents were the biggest problem I had. I went to Tarrant County Junoir College and lived at home, and then dropped out.:redface: I had the chance to join the Sheriffs department and my mom had a cow, to say the least.:eek:

Mom offered me free tuition ect if I went down to TSTC and went for a degree.:smile: My father died while I was home in what was supposed to be my last semester and my fiance dumped me 2 days later.:mad: I was an honor student while I was there and was the second in the VICA state wide testing for techs. It took me 1 extra semester to finish so total time was 2 years total.:smile:

I'm not telling the rest of the story but needless to say, if I didn't get away from my family I would've never made it out with a degree.:redface:

do you have an AA degree charlie?