Before Black BS'ing thread.

Looking for a nice 17082260 or 17083244 e4me carb... shoot me with offers on what youve got...

Do some work on the regal screw the surburban it should be at least 16s now if you know how to drive. If I had your car Id already be whooping vettes in it come on now kid do some work.

Do some work on the regal screw the surburban it should be at least 16s now if you know how to drive. If I had your car Id already be whooping vettes in it come on now kid do some work.

The carb is for the regal...

I know this is not a good before black question but maybe some of you may know this. Does anyone know where to get software to reflash your obd2 computer? They also call it remapping. I have seen guys with laptops reflash their computers and get great power increase. Just wondering if anyone knew of any software. i wonder if their is any free software out their. i already have a obd2 cable for a laptop.

I found one a while ago but I don't remember if I saved it or not Matt. I'll see if I can find it.

Do you ever answer your PM's Jesse?

dont worry charlie. when ever you get the time is fine. i have lived with out it for years now; a little longer wont kill me. :biggrin::tongue:

if you have a odd fire crank with a even fire dist would the car run?
how do you tell if you have a odd fire crank?

Odd fire cranks have a common journal for the rods instead of the seperated (partially) even fire cranks. The distance for the firing order is also different. If you put an evenfire distributor in an odd fire engine it would backfire 1/2 of the time because it doesn't fire every 120 degrees. Oddfire engine fire every 90 and 150 degrees alternately.

Odd fire cranks have a common journal for the rods instead of the seperated (partially) even fire cranks. The distance for the firing order is also different. If you put an evenfire distributor in an odd fire engine it would backfire 1/2 of the time because it doesn't fire every 120 degrees. Oddfire engine fire every 90 and 150 degrees alternately.

so i would be able to tell right away? :confused:
so the balancer would have different timing marks too.
a odd fire dist would do the same thing in a even fire engine (even fire crank)?:confused:

so i would be able to tell right away? :confused:
so the balancer would have different timing marks too.
a odd fire dist would do the same thing in a even fire engine (even fire crank)?:confused:

Yes, if you put an oddfire distributor in an even fire engine you would have the same problems. The balancer will cause the engine to shake at higher RPM levels becaue of the differences in the balance and an easy way to identify a true odd fire engine is the balancer. It's just like a SBC. Outer ring is held on with an elastomer ring to help reduce vibration in the engine.

It's like trying to reinvent the wheel, since you can just buy adaptor brackets and be done with it. But I don't like spending money if I don't have to so if we can figure something that would be great, if not ohwell we tried. Like I said before either way I'm putting the stuff on when I get everything else dealt with on the car. Just curious charles, since you have all those series II engines sitting around have you dove into any of those to see if they have any shortcomings that can easily be taken care of? Like ex manifold porting, tb and upper intake mods, sc case mods, etc? I think you should start building basic turbo kits for them. If you had a car to do the mockup I think you could make some good money. There's lots of guys looking for a cheap alternative to the few vendors making them. Lots of guys just wanna buy the piping, crossover, and wastegate setups.

And since you have a few parts car sittting around you could also build mount and header kits to bolt in the series II since no one else will do it. Just looking at pics of a series II torn down it looks way beefier than the crusty old rwd v6 longblocks