Before Black BS'ing thread.

Top right of the page, see the inbox? Hover on it and a menu will pull down. It will have 2 parts to the menu and one is start a new conversation.

ok, so that's how you do a pm. Are we still limited to 100 messages? if we are how do you delete messages?

ok i figured i would ask you. you would know more about the changes than me. i guess i still need to learn.

You and me both Matt. I had all my special threads saved in different folders for tranny, engine, ect, and now I've got to go through the whole list if I ever want to find them now.:mad:

I logged on and was like "hmm, what is this"

Anyways, I took the exhaust off my car and started working on my 84-85 manifolds for my car. Also took off the down pipe to build one for Mike.

Anyways, I took the exhaust off my car and started working on my 84-85 manifolds for my car. Also took off the down pipe to build one for Mike.
Do you have the hot airs on yet? How much differant than stock mans?

No I dont. They need a few cracks welded up and then they are ready to put on. I may also rebuild my crossover as its in rough shape. Its got a big dent by the starter.

They should flow a lot better. The stock manifolds have real sharp bends and rough edges. I smoothed the HA headers out so they flow a bit better too.

Anybody have a crossover that is in nice shape with no dents?

In my opinion nothing could flow worse than the stock iron manifolds what a piece of crap design. Second only to the piece of crap stock intakes.

I know turbo spool is helped with reduced heat loss but the cast manifolds just flow so bad theres no way that the heat loss is going to not make up for the improved flow. Hope it will take some lag out.

Anyways, I took the exhaust off my car and started working on my 84-85 manifolds for my car. Also took off the down pipe to build one for Mike.[/are you swapping headers? or are you doing the 84-85 hot air intake setup and going fi?

Yes, I am swapping the cast manifolds to the tubular ones. I am not going EFI. If I went EFI it would be with a series II motor. I dont know why more GN people dont just go directly to Series II 3800's. They are so much better and way cheaper to build, and its still a buick V6.

Seems like a lot of work to put a series II in a gbody. If you got a n/a regal sitting around and a sc series II taking up space, then it might be an option.

I was going to try it, but its just costly and I`m sure there is probably a lot of wiring and frustration to go with it.

I go to a DFW swap meet once a year to get them Matt. Happens every spring around May. Are you looking for steel cutters or aluminum? Those are for steel or cast iron.

Hey Charles, question for ya. I can't remember if it was you I was talking to about this. Now, if the valve guides have been cut down, you can't use stock gm exhaust valves unless the heads are machined for chevy valve seals, correct?

If you're talking about the top where the springs mount you have to change to the newer TTA exhaust valves Jesse. If you just change to the seals on the stock valve they will eat the seals up.