Before Black BS'ing thread.

I'll email you some info and if you want to call later today when you're off we can chat some. Got the last mods to the frame figured out and started so at least I'm just about ready to take the frame out and swap it.

Yes Matt, once it's done I'll send you the info.:rolleyes:

Cool mang, yea I will be home around 1800-1830, it would be nice to chat. Glad to hear your making progress!
Hopefully you'll be free at the same time tomorrow Aj. The bushhog is painted and done but with earmuffs on I didn't get the phone calls I should've. Still got to call Scot W back and a few locals but the shredder is done and painted now.:D

i was at a car show thursday night. their was a turbo TA the official pace car with the 301. the car was sweet. wish i would have taken pictures of it. i have a dumb question, the line that runs from the wastegate to the turbo foot had a t in it.(on that turbo TA) i assume it was for a gauge? can you do that, or is that for something else on the TA? just wondering...

Check your PM's Aj.:D With the cost of ammo I don't do near enough shooting like I used to myself. I need to take the time to unload a few hundred rounds soon and see how I do at the longer ranges. The issue I've had is finding anything more than 200 yards where I can shoot safely.:(

Not turbo buick related but I did spray Dads IH today. Its the stock color scheme and is love it or hate it. It stands out for sure.

Im sorta a red neck. Painted it outside and its got some dirt in it but its not too bad for a DD truck. Interior is going in sometime this week and hopefully the motor will be done by July and it will be on the road.

picture026-2.jpg

Ha! that truck looks kool! that screams slant six with 6 2bbls and trumpet exhaust! love it!

Anybody ever had a set of "Heavenly Horns" speaker covers?

Thought this was an interesting tidbit. Ever since I replaced the old modulator on the th350 the car has ran better. I also noticed that once the motor starts spinning past 3000RPM or so it really picks up. It can be making 7PSI and spraying alcohol at 2500 but it feels like it gains another 50HP when it hits 3000RPM. I also noticed it hits 14PSI on shifts when it is wastegated to 8 or so. These 84/85 GN manifolds did something to the car. It just acts completly different.

Since all you guys run carbs on here I figure I'd ask this. THe elco I bought the wife has a feeback quadrajet. I've done everything to the engine, even reset the tps to specified and it continues to have a stumble right at and only at 800 rpm. No matter if it's in park or while I'm driving. I'm stumped.

Thought this was an interesting tidbit. Ever since I replaced the old modulator on the th350 the car has ran better. I also noticed that once the motor starts spinning past 3000RPM or so it really picks up. It can be making 7PSI and spraying alcohol at 2500 but it feels like it gains another 50HP when it hits 3000RPM. I also noticed it hits 14PSI on shifts when it is wastegated to 8 or so. These 84/85 GN manifolds did something to the car. It just acts completly different.

I dont remember what you had for rear gears, but it sounds like the turbo is enjoying the load at gear change..... im betting the HA manifolds really improved flow to the turbo which is bringing her up faster. the excess boost it seems like it spiking is probably the real indicator of the lack of intake flow. the exhaust to intake flow ratio is no longer close so that air is really stacking up while trying to move down the runners. Thats the feel of that surge of power, the intake taking the time to catch up. I fought with a simular issue some time ago that i struggled to clear up... it dissapeared after i changed intakes.... food for thought.

Since all you guys run carbs on here I figure I'd ask this. THe elco I bought the wife has a feeback quadrajet. I've done everything to the engine, even reset the tps to specified and it continues to have a stumble right at and only at 800 rpm. No matter if it's in park or while I'm driving. I'm stumped.

my solution? shit can that carb..... lmao.... I hate quadrajets. Im sure Charlie can get you set up though.

I think my wife is part quadrajet.... no matter how i tune, fiddle, play, adjust, or mess with... it always just wants to be a pain in the ass.

I've decided I'm not going to do anymore than I have to with the 305. Just want it to run right. I'd like to swap to FI down the road, thinking tbi 350 or lt1 swap. EIther way the car won't need anymore than 300hp. It's just a cruiser.