Before Black BS'ing thread.

That and the swap will have to be cheap. I don't want to spend an assload of money on it and especially time like I did on the buick.

That and the swap will have to be cheap. I don't want to spend an assload of money on it and especially time like I did on the buick.

I could get you an entire 305 harness ecu fuel pump and all for 300 bucks. I got 6 chevy caprice police cars that are about to go to the crusher after i finish raping the drivetrains.

I've decided I'm not going to do anymore than I have to with the 305. Just want it to run right. I'd like to swap to FI down the road, thinking tbi 350 or lt1 swap. EIther way the car won't need anymore than 300hp. It's just a cruiser.
It's fairly common for the E4ME to stumble sightly off idle Jesse. It has to do with the timing and pump shot that they get. First you need to set the timing right and use a scan tool so you can see what's going on. Then check all the vacuum parts hooked up to the carb. I've also got an EFI TPI SBC unit complete with directions ect so you don't have to hook all the inputs up if you're interested.

I dont remember what you had for rear gears, but it sounds like the turbo is enjoying the load at gear change..... im betting the HA manifolds really improved flow to the turbo which is bringing her up faster. the excess boost it seems like it spiking is probably the real indicator of the lack of intake flow. the exhaust to intake flow ratio is no longer close so that air is really stacking up while trying to move down the runners. Thats the feel of that surge of power, the intake taking the time to catch up. I fought with a simular issue some time ago that i struggled to clear up... it dissapeared after i changed intakes.... food for thought.

So if I stck a weiand intake on it it should improve a lot? It has 2.41's and a tight converter so thats part of the reason but that 3000ish mark it just takes off. Ive got a good downpipe, pypes catback with racepros, no cat, HA manifolds and ported heads so it should flow pretty good.

Id probably have an 11 second car if I would swap the top end over to an intercooled SFI setup.

A better intake will help quite a bit or if you're creative and willing to do a little work you can get the stock intake to work. Just involves a little work afterall.:D
DSCN0004.JPGDSCN0002.JPGDSCN0006.JPGDSCN0007.JPG

It's fairly common for the E4ME to stumble sightly off idle Jesse. It has to do with the timing and pump shot that they get. First you need to set the timing right and use a scan tool so you can see what's going on. Then check all the vacuum parts hooked up to the carb. I've also got an EFI TPI SBC unit complete with directions ect so you don't have to hook all the inputs up if you're interested.

Yeah I would like to do a tpi setup on it. I thought about lt1 but there's too much bs to deal with. I've already checked timing. I have nothing to check scan with so I gotta do everything with a volt meter. What's the details of your tpi setup you have?

I don't get why the car is getting this stumble. It does everything just perfect. The only thing I can think of is either the coolant temp sensor is off or the m/c solenoid is screwy. Carbs are gay. I know 305s aren't known for power but this thing is just straight pathetic. I've driven other FI 305s that would run circles around this thing.

Whats all cut out in that intake? Or is it just ported?
You have to cut areas out to port it right.:D Almost all of the interior is gone and there's only about 1.5" of runners left at the ports and when I get the time it will be reduced even more.:eek:
Yeah I would like to do a tpi setup on it. I thought about lt1 but there's too much bs to deal with. I've already checked timing. I have nothing to check scan with so I gotta do everything with a volt meter. What's the details of your tpi setup you have?
It's an early TPI off an F body with a 305 in it Jesse. Got all the books on how to hook it up and eliminate all the unessisary BS.:D

Do you have any info on running it with a 200r4 trans? I'd like to put a bigger cam in, port the tpi intake and plenum. Is it all complete? What year is it off of?

So if I stck a weiand intake on it it should improve a lot? It has 2.41's and a tight converter so thats part of the reason but that 3000ish mark it just takes off. Ive got a good downpipe, pypes catback with racepros, no cat, HA manifolds and ported heads so it should flow pretty good.

Id probably have an 11 second car if I would swap the top end over to an intercooled SFI setup.

oh yea, upgrading that intake alone will net alot more power to your car, like I said seeing those boost spikes isnt a function of actual boost, but a function of actual intake restriction. the weiand unit would be the ticket as my data has pointed me in that direction for my own truck, but your biggest concern is going to be hood clearance rather than performance.

Charlies suggestion of porting the complete SHIT out of the stocker is going to be your best bet. However..................... , coma, the stocker is still going to be a problem, case in point.... look at the modified Hot Air intakes that Boost231 and a couple of other guys are using.... while completly ported there still seeing the effects of tooooo many 90* turns.

like I have pointed out in the past, there are 2 major hurdles to cross in the carb turbo system,
1, the stupid 90* foot on the turbo
2, the stupid low restrictive intake.

oh yea, upgrading that intake alone will net alot more power to your car, like I said seeing those boost spikes isnt a function of actual boost, but a function of actual intake restriction. the weiand unit would be the ticket as my data has pointed me in that direction for my own truck, but your biggest concern is going to be hood clearance rather than performance.

Charlies suggestion of porting the complete SHIT out of the stocker is going to be your best bet. However..................... , coma, the stocker is still going to be a problem, case in point.... look at the modified Hot Air intakes that Boost231 and a couple of other guys are using.... while completly ported there still seeing the effects of tooooo many 90* turns.

like I have pointed out in the past, there are 2 major hurdles to cross in the carb turbo system,
1, the stupid 90* foot on the turbo
2, the stupid low restrictive intake.
I have to agree with Aj here. The intake is really restrictive and the best one is the 82-83 units. Aj and I have talked about re-designing the intake some and create a better casting but neither of us have the coin to do it right now.:(
Do you have any info on running it with a 200r4 trans? I'd like to put a bigger cam in, port the tpi intake and plenum. Is it all complete? What year is it off of?
If I remember right is an 85 but it may be an 86 Jesse. I'll see if I can find a casting number on it for ya. It's complete with puter and under hood wiring so it should be fairly easy to make it work with the books included.:)