Before Black BS'ing thread.

Is the website messing up? I haven't been able to get on in weeks. And I'm not getting mobile notifications anymore... I think I've been banished!

First month of 2015, have not touched the Buick yet BUT parts have been ordered/received and a few getting setup. Been busy otherwise with the Chevrolet stuff and that should all be done soon to stay focused on the Buick project.

Busy night tonight

Attachments

• 1422068152347.jpg
    1422068152347.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 133
Been helping a few guys with building blowthru style V6's.
Newest research: Single plane performance intake manifolds (Weiand 7541/7542) are no longer produced. The Kenne-Bell #1 intake manifold has been out of production for sometime. Original 4.1 4bbl intake manifolds obviously are out of production. Only way to aquire one now is find a used intake or cast your own. So to the people hanging onto those performance 4bbl Buick V6 manifolds.... prices will go up. And good luck for the rest of guys looking to buy one.

TA Performance was at one time reproducing the Kenne Bell intake, but it is not on their web site now. It's in their 2010 catalog as a TA1215 for $325.00

doubt anyone is still doing that intake. I wonder if these good parts are slowly being phased out?

I swapped in my spare 4.1 stroker engine this week to break it in and see if the ceramic coating from Swain Technologies on the used piston skirts would work. It works great. This engine has the ported irons, flat tappet cam, T&D rockers, and intake and carb off my 3.8. It's 9.5-1. It runs way better than the 3.8 due to more cubes, but no where near as good as my other 274" engine with the roller cam, 10.5-1, and GN1 heads. I think there is about a 50 HP difference. I plan to go through the 274 and put some moly rings in it and check the bearings. JE sold me hardened ductile iron rings for that engine because I use nitrous, and it has uneven compression and some blow by. Runs like a bat out of hell, but I think it can do better. I just need to recover from 2 days of wrenching. My old bones can't take it anymore.

Last edited: