Before Black BS'ing thread.

The 455 stage 1 pumps are still available. Any way to make one work on a v6? I think guys have said that they're good to mid-low 12s without the return blocked.

Bump!!!

Working on getting parts put together to LS swap my cutlass.

Turbo 6 isn't going away but if the deal works out and I end up with the car I am looking at its going in something better fitting (buick wagon). Basically dropping the drivetrain/rear out of the cutlass and putting it in the wagon. Updates to follow hopefully!

I forgot to put them on when I rebuilt mine. I run a pair of 3/8 flare hard line you can get from a parts store. Then I run about a foot long rubber end on both sides of the tube. Hard line is bent and attached to the frame, works great.

Just bought a complete intercooled sfi setup to convert my drawthough. Not a sure thing but i couldn't pass it up.

CL ad came up for some random turbo regal parts. I came for 2 T type wheels to match my 8.5" vectors.

Bought a complete set of T wheels minus a center cap

And I started looking and there was a lot of LC2 parts. Started putting together a kit and wouldnt you know! Theres a harness and ECM, random hose ect too. The only thing I'm missing that I know right now is a turbo. There was a te60 there and some high performance parts but i'm still in college so i'm keeping my costs low!

I havn't entirely decided what I'm doing with the stuff. They wont go on for a year at the earliest, if even at all. Theres a chance I find a 84-85 T and convert it. Could do this car either, not sure yet. Just rarely find the whole kit locally.

OK, I guess this goes in the bsing thread.

I have too many project cars. The '83 T Type, the '82 GN, the other '82 GN, a diesel pickup, a supercharged Regal GS and trio of teenage daughter's cars that always need something. And then my brother decides it time to finally do his 'project car'.

Back in '80's, everyone said if they knew what musclecars would be worth, they would have bought them all and saved them. Well at that time, my brother had the foresight and guts to sink some money in an old, dilapidated race car. So the last two years the turbo Buicks have basically sat while I helped him with his car. We didn't do the restoration, but we did a lot of research and tracked down a lot of vintage race parts. 426 Race Hemi, Hilborn fuel injection, magnesium Torque Thrusts & Crager SS wheels, blue plexiglass windows, stewart-warner gauges, NOS everything. Lots of old photographs, lot of old magazine articles to comb through.

The same place the built the car in 1965 is the same place that restored it fifty years later. It was stripped down to basically a roof, floorboard and pair of quarter panels.

20150119_133013.jpg
20150119_132844.jpg

It's been reassembled and is amazing.....Can you guess what it is? Here's a hint - In 1964, the King dominated NASCAR with the new Chrysler 426 Hemi. Ford and GM through a fit, so NASCAR banned the motor for 1965. Chrysler boycotted NASCAR and sent their driver's elsewhere. The King went drag racing. His first car was destroyed in an accident. This is his second car, which won the inaugural Bristol Spring Nationals in the B/Altered class. It's an altered wheel based, straight axle, gasser/funny car. NASCAR eventually relented and allowed the Hemi back into competition. The drag car was sold, changed hands a number of times and eventually was retired. Before being stripped for parts, my brother bought it and it sat in his garage for 25+ years.

Now it's restored and hitting the major car shows. And I can get back to my cars....
https://www.facebook.com/pages/43jr/352124888304196
Make sure you look through the the photo albums if you want to see more restoration photos.

Last edited:
With dial up it takes forever to load the pictures but from what I can see it looks like a Plymouth Valiant or Barracuda.

Last edited: