You can type here any text you want

Before Black BS'ing thread.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
well... a foot would put it exactly a foot behind the cab.... 2 ft would put the link directly under the rear of the cab.... sooo Im thinking of welding a couple of 4 link brackets under te frame so I have a way to adjust the length...

hmm...... might find that tire wrinkling sweet spot like that.

Adam your running your rotomaster at 20? thats like a 2.36 PR assuming your at roughly sea level.... whats your target HP?

A.j.

well... a foot would put it exactly a foot behind the cab.... 2 ft would put the link directly under the rear of the cab.... sooo Im thinking of welding a couple of 4 link brackets under te frame so I have a way to adjust the length...

Adam your running your rotomaster at 20? thats like a 2.36 PR assuming your at roughly sea level.... whats your target HP?

A.j.

As you know all my Iron is stock so.. you already knew;);) 400-420hp without the spray. I'm thinking 20 is it with the unported wastegate hole and DP, Still never sprayed on this HA block.

Wait wait Sealevel? A.j. you know West Virginia is a state right? ;) LOL Yeah at or mostly above sealevel except for the mountains of course:eek:

A.j.

Well I told you the best way would be under the cab Aj. It will transfer the weight just like you want and hook super hard. Take a look at the 67 to 70 chevy PU trucks. That's why I sent you those pics so you could see where they're mounted The fronts are mounted at the back of the cab and if everything else is right it will hook super hard and ride decent.:biggrin:

Well I told you the best way would be under the cab Aj. It will transfer the weight just like you want and hook super hard. Take a look at the 67 to 70 chevy PU trucks. That's why I sent you those pics so you could see where they're mounted The fronts are mounted at the back of the cab and if everything else is right it will hook super hard and ride decent.:biggrin:

its just hard to conceal ...... im quickly loosing the sleeper attitude..... but god I can feel the bite.

A.j.

I see that A.j. I lost 30% of my sleeper look when I changed the wheels but gained traction + chrome.

Well now that the front suspension is done, I tried out my cragar rims........ they didnt fit!!!:mad: the 1/2" that the spindle mod added made the wheel offset look retarded on the truck....

but I remembered I had a set of odd backspace steel wheels from a 36 ford that fit perfectly...

so I lost some chrome... but picked up more obvious suspension mods....

whos gonna fall for it I wonder...

A.j.

Well I though you were at least going to take a preliminary pic for us Aj. As far as the fronts, you can stop now and that is more important.

yea but the truck looks sooooooo dirty and not finished yet.....

maybe if I break off a pic of just the fronts?

A.j.

Oh come on, I know you're a perfectionist but it's the tech we are interested in. Maybe you should start a thread in the hybred section about it so the guys with S-10's can do something like it. Sharing knowledge is a good thing for us after all.

well.... I dunno what tech i can offer...... but I will try to get an on the wheels pic.

A.j.

I'll not be wrenching on my '84 for a little while. I've got a new side job that I'm just going to bust out first to help continue funding the toys. Yeah Charlie still haven't seen Snap-on around yet, He better call me back. I'd really like to finish the axle up. As soon as I get my '82 here at my house and time in the garage I'm going to do the same thing to it too!:D I can't really tell anything yet just from rotating the spring pads(maybe it sits up 3/8-1/2" more in the back). I bought new lower shock stud's to install too to help tighten it up back there. No swaybar!:eek:

I think we should form our own class...

an all street legal, anything goes, heads up with weight penaltys for non metric bodys.

Class A comp will be Drawthru.
Class B comp will be Blowthru.

hows that sound?

we could start the ACTA
American Carb Turbo Association.

A.j.

Sounds good I'm down. ACTA lol Good.
A.j. that's the Idea see what I can make all OEM and stock Iron/cast pistons. DAM I've got to get these heads out to Charlie. I have to decide which block to build then when I put ported heads on, both my 4.1 and my '83 3.8 need pistons. This '85 HA block is working great.

How about Carbed Turbo Racing Association or CTRA? That way it's not limited to just a V6 or America. This could include the older draw through and blow through designs.

even better............

that sounds like a great name there!

all carb turbos....... thats like 150 people!

A.j.

Back