You can type here any text you want

Before Black BS'ing thread.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
well of course all you guys are.....

A.j.

well then good, (but something still dont seem right, I can tell:redface:) that SFI bidness is all wrapped up, my car was in better shape than his and looked better. I hope to get this x11 this weekend as a beater and get a maxi space for my b-day to put down the type.

can some send me a picture of there carb. i need the area where the sencondaries roll pin is at. there is a little lever thing that it hits agenst. i need to see how its hooked up. its near the choke. will a exhaust tester work on a smart scope.

What the H*ll is that contraption:eek: looks like it fell out of the 80's:biggrin:

That computer has less computing power than a modern day watch! Well, probably not, that was apollo 11, but still! And if it looks like it fell from the 80's, well thats because it did! :D

In other news its a warm, humid day in Minnesota today. Have I ever mentioned I hate humidity. Makes ya sweat just standing there. Id rather work in May in the 70's.

well then good, (but something still dont seem right, I can tell:redface:) that SFI bidness is all wrapped up, my car was in better shape than his and looked better. I hope to get this x11 this weekend as a beater and get a maxi space for my b-day to put down the type.

yea... i need a sit down alcoholic. or a bartender in the garage.... either or... I gots blues to lay down.

Man that would be cool if you got a beater and had the time to start working on the T Type.... it would be baddass!

A.j.

That computer has less computing power than a modern day watch! Well, probably not, that was apollo 11, but still! And if it looks like it fell from the 80's, well thats because it did! :D

In other news its a warm, humid day in Minnesota today. Have I ever mentioned I hate humidity. Makes ya sweat just standing there. Id rather work in May in the 70's.

lol....... better than 100* weather and 70* humidity!

almost a black flag day out here!

A.j.

lol....... better than 100* weather and 70* humidity!

almost a black flag day out here!

A.j.

damn... sounds like you need to come back up here. Been sunny the last few months, and around 75* to 85* and little humidity. LOTS of wildfires though.

not in Oregon though =D
in other news; I am finally getting the shifter issues worked out on the 83 FWD olds; am now starting to save up money for the 3.0 buick v6 82 ciera lol.

83 turbo, to be honest, id love to have your car. Its black, its a regal, its got T tops, an OD trans, and its an 83, better starting point than mine. You've got one cool car, just need to work out the bugs.

Ohh, 100 degrees, Ill pass. But you dont have the -40 degree winters we have here, or the 120 inch snowfalls. Running a snowblower in 24 inch snowfall while its -25 out isnt fun! However the stuff that goes along with snow is fun. Snowmobiling, ice fishing ect.

83 turbo, to be honest, id love to have your car. Its black, its a regal, its got T tops, an OD trans, and its an 83, better starting point than mine. You've got one cool car, just need to work out the bugs.

Ohh, 100 degrees, Ill pass. But you dont have the -40 degree winters we have here, or the 120 inch snowfalls. Running a snowblower in 24 inch snowfall while its -25 out isnt fun! However the stuff that goes along with snow is fun. Snowmobiling, ice fishing ect.

ppffftttt hahahah I havent touched my car in two weeks, I changed the spark plugs (exept for 1) and I gotta drive 10 miles to go drop off some keys to my mom who forgot them. my car is a bonafide HOOPTIE, but I love it:D My cousin lives in long Prarie, and he tells me all about the snow and Ice, been to minnesota a few times before myself, but when it was 100degrees. It was rather pleasent, got to go tubing on some relaxing rivers.

Tell me about it, This last winter was crazy here in wisconsin, it didnt start snowing till mid january, and all of a sudden we went from a frost ground one night to 26" of snow the next day. There weather here is so unpredictable...

do something productive? go out in the desert and test more combos? :P
hey 83turbo; whats the status of the X-11? (by the way i found out McLean 100 spoke knockoffs have adapters for both rwd and fwd wheels, like the 5x100mm and 5x115mm bolt patterns and the 5x4.5s and so on....if you think the citation would look good with 100spoke wheels......they're just under $600 for 13x7s-just above 650 for 14s lol)
Aj; were you the one saying you've an extra SD crank and ideas for the pontiac 2.5 4 cylinder engine?

lol... were down for desert testing these days.... congress has to push us some more cash.

as for my stuff..... trashed the motor again. so im building another.

and yes it was I who has said SD pontiac 2.5 cranks.

A.j.

so another secret recipe for the next motor? :) I;m wondering how much i can get away with on the 2.5 4 cyl lol.

so another secret recipe for the next motor? :) I;m wondering how much i can get away with on the 2.5 4 cyl lol.

well i have attempted a new type of fuel enrichment and it went really sour on me. so it ruined the bore when i couple of slugs burned up. However.... for the maximum effort guys... PEVR be damned... theres a new sheriff in town.

as for 2.5. it depends on how you plan to push. the stock block will make you 300 hp with a SD crank on 20psi boost. the weak spot is on cylinder number 1 where they clearance the bore for the waterpump. it usually cracks or blows out there. but this really only applys to HD/S10 blocks. as I have yet to try a regular fwd block. I do know the waterpump is different, (which makes me want to try one) in the location on the fwd units so a converted S10 block might be a good try.

A.j.

I see. here is the dilemna; I'm saving up money to acquire a 1982 Olds Ciera 3.0 v6 coupe; it is a carbureted buick v6 engine with same deck height, shorter cylinder walls, same bore (3.8") 3.22 stroke....FWD car but the water neck is in same location as the RWD water neck, which requires a rather long hose;
and then there is the 83 Ciera with the 2.5 engine that i currently have and drive; now; boosting it sounds like a good idea to me; but keeping it a DD also sounds like a good idea, and if i acquire the 82 ciera, i could in theory start building a 1985 FWD 3.8 block with new parts and put on the dualjet carb intake and system onto it, a hybrid of sorts...port the snot out of the heads, whichever one i decide to go with...then i would have parts to sell; and i would still ahve the 2.5 ciera as a DD and the 82 ciera as a project car.....man it would be awesome to have a job where i can afford to do whatever i want....lol

Back