You can type here any text you want

Before Black BS'ing thread.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
yes indeedy. another weird thing, i know most of y'all aren't experts in fwd wiring >.> I;ve been looking and looking and looking at the engine bay, and i decided to check which wires go to which area....well theres the green wire connectors zip-tied out of the way that presumably were for AC compressor system; then somewhere near the brake booster; there's a brown wire thats cut..and a plug with light blue and light green wires thats not attached to anything...huh. I'll have to order the chassis manuals for the 83 ciera so i can find out what exactly goes where lol.
yeah patience is the key thing. you wouldn't know any machine shop that needs a shop helper? ;)

well i have attempted a new type of fuel enrichment and it went really sour on me. so it ruined the bore when i couple of slugs burned up. However.... for the maximum effort guys... PEVR be damned... theres a new sheriff in town.

as for 2.5. it depends on how you plan to push. the stock block will make you 300 hp with a SD crank on 20psi boost. the weak spot is on cylinder number 1 where they clearance the bore for the waterpump. it usually cracks or blows out there. but this really only applys to HD/S10 blocks. as I have yet to try a regular fwd block. I do know the waterpump is different, (which makes me want to try one) in the location on the fwd units so a converted S10 block might be a good try.

A.j.

i hope some one finds a way to make a pevr.

yup... its nice out here... 65 and climbing, and sunny, I may pull out the ol hooptie today...

anymore trashed blocks?

damn that sounds like a nice day to be cruising!

no today i will be bottle brushing the bores on a smokey 2bbl and stuffing it with a mix and match set of turbo slugs.

Ive been thinking I should buy stock in Fel-Pro. I think I spend 300 bucks a month of F'n buick gaskets!

A.j.

I was going to see if I could get a vacuume switch at a local parts store. All it needs to be is a 2 port switch that is normally open, and when it gets current it closes. Thats all I need to make my PEVR. Should be simple and cost less than $30 for replacement.

Already got a hobbs switch. Opens at 3 inches of vacuume. I got it at surplus center cheep and its normally expensive. Like $80 or something. Got it for $15. I couldnt find a switch labeled on NAPA's websight, but the guy that works there is smart enough to find it.

I need a switch that opens up at 7 PSI to trigger my Alky too.

Already got a hobbs switch. Opens at 3 inches of vacuume. I got it at surplus center cheep and its normally expensive. Like $80 or something. Got it for $15. I couldnt find a switch labeled on NAPA's websight, but the guy that works there is smart enough to find it.

I need a switch that opens up at 7 PSI to trigger my Alky too.

start a new post if you find out how to make one. please

come on guys.... if all you want is the action of the pevr shoulda said that!

LOL

exactly as he said up there.

hobbs switch, wired to operate a 2 port solenoid.

adjust hobbs switch to control pevr.

done.

A.j.

I did get a vacuume switch through mcmaster carr but it was an industrial one and the holes inside were REALLY small. Wouldnt have responded to pressure differences fast enough.

Only bad thing about my hobbs switch is that I cant adjust it. It is preset for 3 inches but there isnt any screw or anything that I can see where to adjust. Would have been kinda nice if I could have just got 2 of the same switch. One for PEVR, one for Alky.

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=11-2344&catname=electric

Mcmaster carr lists a few switches like I have, but they are like $100 :eek:

One of these switches was what I wanted to use for my alky but $100 is rediulous, considering I got the same thing for $8.

McMaster-Carr

I did get a vacuume switch through mcmaster carr but it was an industrial one and the holes inside were REALLY small. Wouldnt have responded to pressure differences fast enough.

Only bad thing about my hobbs switch is that I cant adjust it. It is preset for 3 inches but there isnt any screw or anything that I can see where to adjust. Would have been kinda nice if I could have just got 2 of the same switch. One for PEVR, one for Alky.

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=11-2344&catname=electric

Mcmaster carr lists a few switches like I have, but they are like $100 :eek:

One of these switches was what I wanted to use for my alky but $100 is rediulous, considering I got the same thing for $8.

McMaster-Carr

when you make the pevr please post pic of how you did it. I'm a visual person.

Back