You can type here any text you want

Before Black BS'ing thread.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
so i was looking at the pictures of the 3.0 FWD engines i've found in yards....and one thing came to the forefront...the orientation of the Dualjet carburetors on these are the same as if the engine were longitudually mounted.....now I have to wonder; if i were to get a 4bbl carb intake, how do i do the stupid throttle linkage!? would i need a square bore intake manifold and say, a holley or an edelbrock, and build the 3.8 to the point where the 4 bbl would actually be good?

Cut the back out, take out the interior, build a set of ramps, and drive down to Charlies or AJs with the car in the back and have them compression check it for you! :biggrin:

Cut the back out, take out the interior, build a set of ramps, and drive down to Charlies or AJs with the car in the back and have them compression check it for you! :biggrin:

LOL:biggrin: These days he'd need an appointment for me to have time to get to it.:eek:

If you need any parts for the Cutlass I've got some around. We stripped one down a while ago and saved quite a bit of it.:smile:

I dont need anything really. About the only thing id be interested in is a set of 81 or 86 grills, 81-83 tailights. What year and model was it? Color of interior?

Ive got enough trim and stuff, dont need any interior stuff unless its a bucket seat car.

Ohh, and BTW, my exhuast showed up today. Was expecting for it to show up friday, but it was home when I came home at 1PM. There goes $380 :rolleyes:

Pypes cat back with racepros. Should replace my single flowmaster nicely.

I think it was an 85 but don't remember now. Got a lot of the plastic parts, nose, and tail pieces that should interchange I think. Got all the glass except the windshield. Blasted thing cracked on me while taking it out.

Its raining, BLAH! Maybe Ill get my exhaust on tomorrow.

I dont really need any plastic parts or glass. Ive got spare side glass in case. I know what you mean about the front glass. It took me 2 hours to pull out the front glass. Took it out a few weeks ago to put on the gray car and it broke sitting in the basement. So now it has a crack going from the top corner to the bottom middle.

It's Thursday two more days 'til I get the '84 blowthru Regal to the chassis dyno. I'll be there all day get lots of pics and video.

damn... its WAAAAYYY too hot down south this time of year. Last time I was down south, i was in louisiana, and it was 110 in the shade with 100 percent humidity:eek::eek: Im having a hard time taking out the spark plugs with the tools that I have, and Im not sure if I need to put oil down the cylinder or not.

so no one has any advice about the carb orientation for a 3.8 carb build in a FWD car? (the stock dualjet is oriented the same as the RWD version, meaning on the engine block, its sideways) if i were to upgrade to a 4bbl, what would i need to make sure about the carb orientation, depending on the carb? I figure if the 3.0's dualjet is oriented the same way as a RWD carb, I would have issues with a Q jet oriented sideways since the holes on the manifold are in the way, unless i get it milled to a square so that the only change is the carb's orientation.....or if i should get a square bore Holley/Edelbrock and use the same linkage system (a sideways turned carb compared to the normal RWD cars lol)

this is an example, a burnt 3.0 in an 84 century; notice the butterfly's orientation....
DSCN2311.jpg

maybe clearer?
DSCN2217.jpg

Back