You can type here any text you want

Before Black BS'ing thread.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I remember years ago that one of the car mags did a 4.1 conversion on a FWD car and added a blower but don't remember much about it. I have no idea if what you're wanting to do will work or not but I whish you luck with it.

Yep, it's Monday. Did you have a good weekend bud?

yea it was alright.... not without trouble though.... wrapped up a front leaf on my jeep wheeling so that was a fun trail-side repair.... then the heater core in the S10 decided to literally EXPLODE.

LMAO

yea it wasnt too bad of a weekend after all. How About you Charlie?

:biggrin:A.j.

Not to bad but it was hot! I took it easy and one of the dirt guys had his pick up fall off the oil pump so trying to convince him to pull the engine was a pain. He thought he could just slap some new bearing in it and go. The oil was grey from the metal though.:eek: We just got the d@mn thing running right and this happens.:mad:

I got the rest of the welding done on the arms and the bushings are all installed now so I just have to put the rear back in and move to the center of the car. It's getting there at least.:smile:

Hey dr frankenstein

Whats up chief?? I finally started checkin out this website, and by complete accident found you posting here. I have never actually been on a forum before so lets see if this works. Anyway thought i would see whats been goin on with you.

Erik

Whats up chief?? I finally started checkin out this website, and by complete accident found you posting here. I have never actually been on a forum before so lets see if this works. Anyway thought i would see whats been goin on with you.

Erik

boy what you doing here?

lol....

good to see you have finally come on down to the dark side!

So whats going on? hows the regal?

A.j.

still workin out a few bugs. I have been drivin it around town and it runs real good, but for some reason i keep losing just enough coolant to trip the temp sensor. I have just about had it with this car.

I have no clue i cant see anything coming from the engine compartment. the oil isnt foamy so i know its not going there, i just dont get it. the engine was freshly rebuilt, but before i rebuilt it i had the same problem only alot worse. I would drive it in town and lose over half a gallon of coolant Now if i drive it around town for a couple hours, go home and park it and drive it the next day its low a half gallon or less. I guess its progress. lol

Try putting some cardboard under the car after driving it and see where its dripping... mine leaks a littler on top of the water pump, but not enough for me to worry about it. Have you looked at your radiator?

I have no clue i cant see anything coming from the engine compartment. the oil isnt foamy so i know its not going there, i just dont get it. the engine was freshly rebuilt, but before i rebuilt it i had the same problem only alot worse. I would drive it in town and lose over half a gallon of coolant Now if i drive it around town for a couple hours, go home and park it and drive it the next day its low a half gallon or less. I guess its progress. lol

son of a bitch.. if aint one thing its another.

ok ok...

have you looked at the plugs? any of em super white? indicators of water in a cylinder... ?

or seen any water coming out of the pipe?

check the passenger side floor... confirm the heater core isnt leaking. (you shuld see the S10s)

Could be just slowly bubbling all the air out?

A.j,.

Just had the radiator fixed, and i actually did have some cardboard underneath it because i also had a tranny leak that i just recently fixed. Never saw anything leakin other than tranny fluid. I did notice some rust on my headers if that means anything and they are brand new.

actually i was kinda thinkin it might be the heater core but the floor isnt wet, i will check the plugs when i get home but wouldnt it be runnin like crap if water was gettin into the cylinder.

actually i was kinda thinkin it might be the heater core but the floor isnt wet, i will check the plugs when i get home but wouldnt it be runnin like crap if water was gettin into the cylinder.

not nessacarily if its not very much water.... think of how far the taurus went with a torched headgasket....

I bet its still getting the air out of the system..... try turning the heater on... the core may be full of air...

how have the engine temps looked? needle swinging alot... or coming up to temp and staying there?

if rad cap is off, do bubbles come up when running?

A.j.

i drove with the heater on for about ten miles not sure if thats enough. I dont have a temp gauge on it all i have is the idiot light that comes on. As far as i can tell though it seems to reach a good operating temp and stay there.

i drove with the heater on for about ten miles not sure if thats enough. I dont have a temp gauge on it all i have is the idiot light that comes on. As far as i can tell though it seems to reach a good operating temp and stay there.

let me dig threw the garage and see if I can find a spare gauge.

was the heater blowing hot air?

this is most confusing.

A.j.

Back