You can type here any text you want

Before Black BS'ing thread.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
It's cheap and in a little tube. It's basically a mix of solder and some sort of binder. It seems to work really well and doesn't clog things up at all.

i think im gonna try that alumaseal that charlie suggested, couldnt hurt right?

naw I wouldnt add anything to the engine until we know where the waters going.

the only thing I can think of, is that its acting like that 402.

and leaking from the seats....... Gorni was having the same issue, and I tried the Moroso Cerma-seal and it held for awhile, but it looked like I had used Elmers glue to put the seats in when I finally pulled them for a pressure check.

you should drive it by tomorrow..... I will be on the taurus all afternoon. tonight I have to finish moving Danielle.

A.j.

now that you mention the seats remember we were questioning the ones that mike had put in. but the only thing i wonder is if it was doing before the rebuild why does it still do it now with new seats.

lets say i try the sealent will it hurt anything if water is going into the cylinder. I would hate to ruin an engine that i spent a crap load of cash on.

The stuff won't fix a head seal but if it's a simple leak like the radiator or timing cover ect it will seal it up. I've used it many times over the years and it's never failed to work for me.

we shall figure something out....... we just need to find the damn time!

dammit....... im about ready to jump onto the NewTech flagship.... im getting tired of traveling.

A.j.

ok so if any one is still interested in my little problem i think i figured it out. its kinda embarrasing to admit but also kinda funny (to me anyways). Looks like the engine needed to refill itself completely and hadnt done it. Coolant level seems to be stayin at the same level now. As for the idiot light comin on, well i think the sensor is bad or the t-stat isnt openin up. Gonna change both just in case. Thanks for all you guys info i appreciate it.

Glad to hear it Erik. This is one of the greatest sites out there because of the members. We have our squables but we really do help each other as much as possible.

Newtech is the company i work for, A.J. works for another company close by. Anyway if he works for my company he wont have to travel as much.

.... As for the idiot light comin on, well i think the sensor is bad or the t-stat isnt openin up. Gonna change both just in case. Thanks for all you guys info i appreciate it.

Have you pressure tested the coolant system? 99% of all leaks are usaully found this way when the problem is'nt obvious.

Lol..:biggrin:

You can pretty much go to any Auto Zone, borrow it with a small deposit/no charge. Pump her up to about 14 lbs, listen and look out for squirts. If you find or hear no leaks then the thermo's stuck.

Pump her up to about 14 lbs, listen and look out for squirts
maybe its just me, but it sounds filthy! lol :D
just got back from an interview at Climax Portable Machine Tools inc company about machinist job...heres to hoping i get the job! anyone have experience with their equipment?

if i get this job, it means i might finally be able to buy myself a T.R.! lol.

Newtech is the company i work for, A.J. works for another company close by. Anyway if he works for my company he wont have to travel as much.

You sure you want to work with Aj?:eek::biggrin:

maybe its just me, but it sounds filthy! lol :D
just got back from an interview at Climax Portable Machine Tools inc company about machinist job...heres to hoping i get the job! anyone have experience with their equipment?

if i get this job, it means i might finally be able to buy myself a T.R.! lol.

Good luck on the job. I know what it's like to be without one and it sucks.:frown:

I'm back for a short time i had some family issues that i dont want to talk about. how has everything been in the last few days i have been gone?

Back