You can type here any text you want

Before Black BS'ing thread.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
You need to get an EGT guage to see whether you're running rich or not. It really sounds like you're loading the heck out of the carb to me.

can some send me a picture of there carb. i need the area where the sencondaries roll pin is at. there is a little lever thing that it hits agenst. i need to see how its hooked up. its near the choke. will a exhaust tester work on a smart scope.

Attachments

• SDC10149.jpg
    SDC10149.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 120
i will take a look at it but this is the part i need to know how to hook up.
what pulles the little lever away from the secondary roll pin?

Attachments

• SDC10151.jpg
    SDC10151.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 113
the issue i have is that the roll pin does not hit the little lever. when i get on the car the secondaries dont always open because of this lever. thats why i moved the roll pin back so it wont hit the lever.

The choke isn't set right Matt. See if you can find an electric choke to replace the HA style one. If you need some info on how to set it up you can hook it up to the white wire off the alternator. simple and very effective.

I would bend the secondary lockout pin back. I did when I rebuilt my carb. I would only get 4-5 PSI forever. I was messing around with the carb and noticed nomater what the lockout wouldnt unlock. I bent mine out of the way.

I would take your carb off and look at it. Mine had the fast idle cam installed upside down, had no secondary metering rod cam, and the choke was way out of adjustment. Fixed those issues and the timing and the car ran 8PSI right away. Pulled harder too.

The only other issue I have is if im at a 5mph roll and ease onto the throttle it bogs. I assume its just that with my PEVR unhooked, it loads up so much and not enough air moving to pull hard. Well, thats my guess at least.

need everyones help

i need everyones help. if you didn't notice my sig changed. i need to get people to vote for me on restoration challenge.
here is a link of where to vote it only takes a few seconds and it would help me out alot. Restoration Challenge

I'm the first person in the gallery under the main event. Restoration Challenge

I'm also entered under the body section the first person in gallery.
Restoration Challenge

thank you everyone who votes for me.

i need everyones help. if you didn't notice my sig changed. i need to get people to vote for me on restoration challenge.
here is a link of where to vote it only takes a few seconds and it would help me out alot. Restoration Challenge

I'm the first person in the gallery under the main event. Restoration Challenge

I'm also entered under the body section the first person in gallery.
Restoration Challenge

thank you everyone who votes for me.

I'm not in the brackets to vote today i think maybe tomarror i will.:confused:

been quite busy loading the van with stuff from my father's closing business (counselor, nothing gearhead wise unfortunately lol) andunloading and loading and unloading lol. still looking at the possibility of picking up an 1982 Oldsmobile ciera with the Buick 3.0 v6 and building a 3.8 2bbl engine with parts from a 1985 Distributor flat tappet fwd 3.8 and the 3.0 v6; anyone have a non-CCC Dualjet carb that would work? will be getting a vac-mech distributor for it from a 79 riviera (the same turbo car that donated the turbo system to a similarly built 3.0 fwd lol)

Back