You can type here any text you want

Before Black BS'ing thread.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
So. lets see..here are the following vehicles with combos that's in the yards last i went..

Pontiac Trans Sport; L27 with 4 speed auto, some have LN3s
3 or 4 Buick Regals, LN3 with 4 speed
Buick Century 3.0 Carb with 3 speed auto
Buick Century 2.2L with 3 speed
Oldsmobile Ciera 2.8L with 4 speed
85 Park Avenue distributor 3.8 with 4 speed auto
cadillac deville with N star and 4 speed
cadillac Seville with 4.9PFI and 4 speed
countless cars with 2.5s and 3 speeds lol (like i need any..lol)
Buick Skylark 3.1/3 speed
Grand Ams and Saturns and Achievas; QUADs, all the Quads in the yard are missing their IDI covers; and sparks.
these are the FWD cars
now for the RWD cars i know of
late 70s Monte Carlo, 3.8L/2bbl/200R
coupla Regals, 3.8s, missing intakes, 200R
S10 Blazers, 2.8L carb, 2.5s, 4.3..

of all these; I'm looking at the Buick v6s ,mostly.... wondering what I could in theory do to the 83 ciera lol. LN3s, LG3, LK9, Lwhatever the 85 vin 3 3.8 is.....L27s, didnt see any L36s though.

hey i found a few chevy citations x-11's and some othere neat 80's hatches from GM up here at pull-a-part

83turbo, awesome! i;m guessing they have 2.8s and 2.5s? could you check and see if any of them have steering racks with NO power steering lines? I might wanna turn my car into a manual steering beastie lol >.> <.< tho the steering it has is pretty good..hmmm oh hey, did you see anything with these wheels? quoted from my other car club; i'm looking for any of these wheels
1434.jpg
-calais, 13x5.5 aluminum

1549.jpg
14x6 Aluminum, Calais/Omega/Ciera/Achieva

1550.jpg
Calais/Omega/?

1325.jpg
Omega/Fireanz/Ciera Rally wheels, 14x5.5 (supposedly, the Omega and Firenza had the 13x5.5 version of this...supposedly?)

6026.jpg
Achieva, 15x6 if i'm crazy enough lol.

1653.jpg
Calais, 14x6 alloys, simplest looking of the bunch.

ideally i'd rather not pay more than $200 total...pick up or drive over to see them would be awesome. I remember a couple years ago, i could get a set of alloys for $100 with tires....paid the same for the rally wheels on the Olds a few years ago as well...haven't found a yard that has them AT ALL.

sure you can have em... but you gotta truck your way up here and get em... :biggrin::biggrin: ill look around for you though if I get some time. I think theres one left.

What did you want me to look for again?

lol; manual steering rack off a citation, if it exists; if not, ok, any one of these wheels in 5x100mm; as that is what i have on the Ciera....i'd like something a little bit better looking than the wire caps on the 13s....

lol; manual steering rack off a citation, if it exists; if not, ok, any one of these wheels in 5x100mm; as that is what i have on the Ciera....i'd like something a little bit better looking than the wire caps on the 13s....

to be honest, im not very mechanically inclined. I go to the junkyard every weekend with a 35 dollar toolkit to just see what I can take apart... but ill do my best.

really simple to tell if the citation has power steering or not. look for the PS pump. in a 2.8L carbed v6, its down below the alternator on the rear of the engine bay; in a 2.5 duke equipped car, its down ahead of the engine, below the AC compressor if so equipped. its a pump with a black cap on it

junkyarded yesterday in Turner, OR....mostly focused on the fwd A-bodies as i need a wire for the cooling fan lol; didnt find one...may need to spring for an entire wiring kit >.< anyways, buick v6s and RWD Buicks here
a S2 3800 F body
DSCN2261.jpg

DSCN2262.jpg

entire LG3 FWD Roller lifter engine
DSCN2249.jpg

DSCN2250.jpg

Buick APOLLO 2 door
DSCN2247.jpg

Buick?
DSCN2245.jpg

73 Buick Century
DSCN2239.jpg

generous engine bay; even with a Buick v8 in there (anyone know what it is?)
DSCN2240.jpg

G body Regal, sorry, bumper fillers are all cracked
DSCN2233.jpg

engine of the Regal, anyone ID what it is? I think its a v6, or v8?
DSCN2234.jpg

random 3.8 2bbl NA v6, i tink its in a Monte Carlo
DSCN2223.jpg

LK9 3.0 2bbl engine in 84 century
DSCN2217.jpg

the mystery 3.8L 1985 VIN 3 distributor engine in a Park Avenue
DSCN2211.jpg

it IS a flat tappet engine, no RL cast into the block. cannot tell if it is a SFI manifold or if it is just a batch fire MPFI manifold...apparently there was a Roller Lifter 1985 engine that may have the type 1 tower ignition, not unlike the SFI 3.8s in the GNs.
did not see other cars with the Buick v6 or the aluminum stuff or junkyard dogs part lists....

lol. I'm considering an EFI Buick V6 swap for my 83 Ciera; the LG3 engine is in a 88 Ciera, complete ,as in everything down to the cradle, it will be a direct bolt in swap; however, i kind of like the F body intake...if i were to do a turbo 3.8, i;d use the F body manifold; actually, the whole damn engine, and get L67 pistons, turbo it, put it to a 4t65EHD trans, the turbo would route the intake charge to the cooler in front of the rad, then the outlet for the cooler will exit on the passenger side, into the F body manifold...instead of having to do a sort of bent U shape like the other turbo FWD 3.8s i;'ve seen....would be awesome. the VIN3 dizzy EFI engine would look sick in a RWD set up done Hot Air style, i agree.... it would also look good in the 83 ciera :( lol. so many options, not shown, the L27s and the LN3s as well as the 60 degree chevy v6s and A-bodies i found that the A_body club likes....

scratch that; LG3 and the L36 are both missing their Throttle Bodies..leaving just the carb engines or the Dizzy 3.8 in last photo lol.

Man, if I seen that motor... the whole car would be tied to my bumper and dragged out to my house!:biggrin: Even if I wasn't going to use it:D

The engine in the Regal is a 307 Olds. The car you couldn't figure out is a Monte Carlo.. The engine with the distributor and FI is the early FWD 3.8. Get the valve covers off that thing and use them on yours.

for the Vin3 Early FWD 3.8, i;m thinking grab the whole thing and build it up....then eventually put it into the ciera when the time is right. the LG3 would also be a good build, but the valve covers necessiates the swap of heads, no? I mean, i dont think the LG3 heads would hve the mounting provisions for the edge bolts on the other 3.8....there IS the idea of taking the 3.0, LG3, and the dizzy engine all at once ($$$$ lol...and where do i put all 3?) and mixing andmatching and building up...since the 3.0 engine had this # for heads as one of the interchanges, 8445; this tells me it is possible to use the 8445 heads on the fwd 3.8 and get the valve ocvers from the same 3.8 onto it...that is, if the heads are different in terms of flow. the 3.0 would also provide me with a good base to source random small bits from, such as the wiring harness for the year, ESC timing, spare distributor, extra mounting brackets, extra engine mounts to use with the TH125; oh yeah...the TH125 in the 83 ciera is 2.39 final drive...so i was thinking to grab the 4 speed auto from the 88 ciera, along with the engine..maybe just settle on 2 engine builds....since i am also eyeing a 82 ciera with the LK9 engine lol.

I would do it:biggrin: Make sure to get the wiring, comp, relays, fuel pump/sending unite... that`s why I would just take the whole car home:biggrin:

The engine in the Regal is a 307 Olds. The car you couldn't figure out is a Monte Carlo.. The engine with the distributor and FI is the early FWD 3.8. Get the valve covers off that thing and use them on yours.

I almost bought a 73-76 monte carlo instead of the regal. That thing was a big a*s boat, but sexy as hell and would do wonders with a big block. :)

(I still want one)

I almost bought a 73-76 monte carlo instead of the regal. That thing was a big a*s boat, but sexy as hell and would do wonders with a big block. :)

(I still want one)

Then please try to find one and trade your car in. It would save us a lot of trouble so you won't blow the engine since you don't want to do a frigging compression test on it.:mad:

Then please try to find one and trade your car in. It would save us a lot of trouble so you won't blow the engine since you don't want to do a frigging compression test on it.:mad:

LOL:biggrin: They will never stop till you do it;) but you really should tho.

Back