You can type here any text you want

Before Black BS'ing thread.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
fyi i spent 850 hours on bodywork on my car. bodywork takes time lots of time. did they teach you how to use guide coat yet. if they didnt i will teach you it makes your life 100 time easyer.

yes i use lots of guide coat. This car is a major PITA, maybe ill include a vid of us priming it.

I just try to find a straight body in the first place.

I like to use stickers to hide rust.

body work is overrated.

it hurts more when your rusty pile whoops up on a paint job.

:biggrin:

A.j.

I just try to find a straight body in the first place.

I like to use stickers to hide rust.

body work is overrated.

it hurts more when your rusty pile whoops up on a paint job.

:biggrin:

A.j.

if you give it a try you might like to do bodywork. i just like to do bodywork so my idea is a little swayed. it gives me a good feeling when i finish a car. making something bad look good.

I am more motivated to keep a car clean and maintain it, if the body is also in good condition, or if i've done some of the bodywork myself, IE, replace fenders, bumpers/header panels, possibly doors & hardware if needed....and primered or painted with the single stage paint from CarQuest's local refinishing center....then i'm more likely to also steamclean and vac and keep the interior clean and in good condition....engine wise, i'll learn...lol. but if the engine is already in great running condition and needs little else, other than regular maintenance(depending on type of engine..) and check ups...then awesome, dont need to do too much to get quality....the 82 olds has very straight bodywork, just one of the doors need a new pin/bushing assembly since it's a 2 door....the paint is faded though, if the engine runs good, awesome. if it runs OK...well, not a problem, its a carbed 3.0L v6 so i can look to y;all for help lol...the interior though, is that of a smoker, one who doesnt seem to care much for the car...so if i were to buy it, i'm definitely pulling the seats out and carpet out and washing them with purple power cleaner or whatever industrial cleaner is there, and doing quite a bit of work...then the engine, then the paint...its a particular shade of dark red sides with a certain shade of bronze/orange uppers...so 80s lol

methinks not........ i bet charlie does his fair share of sniffin split tail... and theres nooooo way he knows what he wants..... lord knows I dont!

well.... im not exactly a whore.... i just fall in love easy..... I love all my girlfriends... with all my heart.... but my concept of sharing is different then theirs!

LMAO

:cool:A.j.

I know what I want Aj, I just haven't found her yet.:( Thought I did a few times but it turns out I was an idiot.:redface:

You're a whore and we both know it Aj.:biggrin: LOL

if you give it a try you might like to do bodywork. i just like to do bodywork so my idea is a little swayed. it gives me a good feeling when i finish a car. making something bad look good.

I honestly hate doing body work but I don't like paying someone to do what I'm totally capable of doing. That's why I started the new thread. I know I can do it but it will be a struggle for me. Give me an engine and I'll make it sing like an Angel but I'm learning how to do body work the hard way.:eek:

I know what I want Aj, I just haven't found her yet.:( Thought I did a few times but it turns out I was an idiot.:redface:

You're a whore and we both know it Aj.:biggrin: LOL

I honestly hate doing body work but I don't like paying someone to do what I'm totally capable of doing. That's why I started the new thread. I know I can do it but it will be a struggle for me. Give me an engine and I'll make it sing like an Angel but I'm learning how to do body work the hard way.:eek:

sometimes it not fun, but when you get good at it and people pay you its fun. :tongue: if you were doing some of the fun things you would like it better. are you going to paint the car charlie?

She's going to be the ultimate beater/sleeper Matt. Several different colors for now so on one will supect a thing. The exhaust will be two muffler Magnaflow but in 3" as a single. Should be quiet enough that no one will figure it out until it's too late.

She's going to be the ultimate beater/sleeper Matt. Several different colors for now so on one will supect a thing. The exhaust will be two muffler Magnaflow but in 3" as a single. Should be quiet enough that no one will figure it out until it's too late.

very cool. love the sleeper idea.

I'm leaving this evening all you people so have a great weekend and drive fast and don't wear your seatbelt.
Time to go tear up the trails and celebrate Independence day.
I'll be back late Sunday,

I'm leaving this evening all you people so have a great weekend and drive fast and don't wear your seatbelt.
Time to go tear up the trails and celebrate Independence day.
I'll be back late Sunday,

have fun adam

i dont want to start another thread. so i will post my question here. my buddy want to drill a 1/8in hole in the thermostat because he only drives the car in the summer and he thinks it will help the car out more. he said he saw a person do it on there car and think its a good idea. is it or not.:confused: i just want to make sure before he does it.

Theres no reason to drill a hole in a T stat. If it cant open at the right temp buy one that does. Ive heard the Mr. Gasket ones are bad. I have a stant and works great.

some people have done it to promote improved coolant flow..*shrugs* usually its a 1/16 or 1/32 size hole instead of the 1/8 size youre thinking.

I have a 160 thermostat and a single electric fan... never gets hotter than 160, even in 100 degree weather:biggrin:

some people have done it to promote improved coolant flow..*shrugs* usually its a 1/16 or 1/32 size hole instead of the 1/8 size youre thinking.

so you have seen people do it. i'm not going to do this but my buddy think it will improve coolent flow as you said. his logic is he doesn't drive it in the winter.

I knock 2 or 3 3/32" holes in my T-stats.... mainly as a fail safe.

It makes the system bleed much faster and easier..... and in the event of a sticking t-stat.. it will buy you some time for a safe shutdown.

A.j.

Nice to see everyone!

A.j.

Back