Before Black BS'ing thread.

Oh ok... I never would have thought of that... very cool Aj!

How are you going to mount it to a Wieand intake? One of those elbows the IC guys are using?

x2 on the pics:biggrin:

lol.... it was just one of those random experiments that actually worked!

I had been using an adapter that I had fabbed that gave me more clearance than the IC elbows....

I will see if I can get more pics up....

A.j.

Thats basically the same setup Ive thought about, minus the hilborn injection. Id probably run a holley and a plenum. Just cant run a hilborn on the streets. Of course you loose the hood, but it would let you get rid of the turbo elbow, the intake, and small turbo. The 3 bad things on a CT.

Personally Id get an IC intake, and just flip the doghouse around 180 degrees, and attach the turbo there, but thats me. End up shoving the turbo into the firewall.

And the idea of running the turbo in the stock IC spot is great. Only thought on that, is how does fuel like flowing uphill such a long distance?

Mat, if you want to learn a bit on hilborn theres a recent Hotrod magazine issue that covers the basics of how to set up and how a mechanical FI setup works. Good info in it. October 2010 edition.

In completly other news, looks like I should be able to draw up a CNC lathe program to fit a 87 turbo inducer into a CT cold side in a few months.

Thats basically the same setup Ive thought about, minus the hilborn injection. Id probably run a holley and a plenum. Just cant run a hilborn on the streets. Of course you loose the hood, but it would let you get rid of the turbo elbow, the intake, and small turbo. The 3 bad things on a CT.

Personally Id get an IC intake, and just flip the doghouse around 180 degrees, and attach the turbo there, but thats me. End up shoving the turbo into the firewall.

And the idea of running the turbo in the stock IC spot is great. Only thought on that, is how does fuel like flowing uphill such a long distance?

Mat, if you want to learn a bit on hilborn theres a recent Hotrod magazine issue that covers the basics of how to set up and how a mechanical FI setup works. Good info in it. October 2010 edition.

In completly other news, looks like I should be able to draw up a CNC lathe program to fit a 87 turbo inducer into a CT cold side in a few months.

thank you for the tip i will have to check it out.

How big of a fuel pump are you going to use? Your going to have to make some vids when your done building it... that`s pretty freakin cool:biggrin:

forget HOT RODS article.... total trash. look up BOB SAZABO... thats the mechanical fuel injection information you need.

I like what your thinking, except your flawed.... the IC intake is meant for DRY flow.... ever seen that doghouse wet? you would change your mind about using it.

you have to remember that the wieght of the air changes when there is a mixture of fuel added to it, that alone makes the whole deal act different.

oddly enough, alky doesnt present the same issues as the volume isnt near the same amount required to support the engine at WOT. theres alot of wierd things that happen when you change the dynamics of it.

A.j.

with a 210PSI belt driven pump, injection, and the turbo sucking in the mix, i suppose you could route it any which way and it'll be OK...though for most effectiveness, having it route the mix to a tangent into a manifold somehow will work pretty well...AJ...you are an AWESOME guy! probably be fun to see if someone makes ANOTHER one of these and stick TWO of them on top of a buick v6 or a buick v8 in a street rod..... >.>

How do I stop my carb(ebrock) from flooding the motor when I accelerate hard from a stop? Even when I powerbreak it and launch, it still floods a little bit. Maybe its just the gearing and th350?

Sounds like it needs to have the needles and seats changed Jase. You'll need to get a tuning kit for it and change some of the parts out. Since you're working at a hub they should have it in sock.

Aj, do you need a Unilite for it? I've got one if you want to try it.

I would love to try it.... wanna sell it... ?

with a 210PSI belt driven pump, injection, and the turbo sucking in the mix, i suppose you could route it any which way and it'll be OK...though for most effectiveness, having it route the mix to a tangent into a manifold somehow will work pretty well...AJ...you are an AWESOME guy! probably be fun to see if someone makes ANOTHER one of these and stick TWO of them on top of a buick v6 or a buick v8 in a street rod..... >.>
LOL...... well were getting there slowly, I grew up with hot rods, so that where alot of my design basics were learned.
Belt driven and 210psi... OMFG:eek: I bet it will get great MPGs lmao:p I can`t wait to see it working, you just blew my mind... you truly are a Frankenstein:biggrin:

lol.... well, Im very much a road freak when it comes to street racing... something like that injector showing up to the crossroads intimidates alot of people... thats why ive always mixed and match everything to get my result... lol I have poor brand loyalty!

A.j.

Hello yall.... rain out here as usual:frown: And the ol buick is sittn here lookin pitiful... breakin my heart. Anyway what have i missed here in the Barro???

Hey were trying to start a vehicle. The vehicle hasnt been started in about 2 years. It turns over but and will run for a minute, but as soon as you give it gas it bogs out and when we restart it it backfires and spits flames out of the carb. Is it the timing or fuel mix. I got some starter fluid as well.

Hey were trying to start a vehicle. The vehicle hasnt been started in about 2 years. It turns over but and will run for a minute, but as soon as you give it gas it bogs out and when we restart it it backfires and spits flames out of the carb. Is it the timing or fuel mix. I got some starter fluid as well.

probably dead old sour gas that your trying to run it on.

drain it, fill it with fresh and try again!

A.j.

I would love to try it.... wanna sell it... ?
A.j.

Done! I'll send it out as soon as I can and you pay me if it's good. K?

probably dead old sour gas that your trying to run it on.

drain it, fill it with fresh and try again!

A.j.

I think we have at least part of an answer here. Fresh gas first and then see if anything else is wrong.:smile: Must be in that RV?

Done! I'll send it out as soon as I can and you pay me if it's good. K?

I think we have at least part of an answer here. Fresh gas first and then see if anything else is wrong.:smile: Must be in that RV?

lol... thats sounds like a great deal charlie!

and yea, I reckon getting the old gas out is a good start...

A.j.

lol... thats sounds like a great deal charlie!

and yea, I reckon getting the old gas out is a good start...

A.j.

Doh:eek:!! howd yall find out??? It has a dodge 440-3 industrial engine that is HUGE:eek:. The carb was spitting out smoke and caught fire one time (almost had to piss the flames out:eek::D)

and wait until you find out how thirsty the 440 is!

there is still a buick regal in Brooks or thereabout in half primer or some such for sale, I dont recall the price, as i did not stop in to look as the place was closed at the time...will have to check it out! it is a 80s car for sure, according to my 1985 Chilton manual which has the ID'ing years by fronts......:)