Before Black BS'ing thread.

lol. another week of looking for jobs and deals. looking forward to the CIvil War thing (U of oregon versus Oregon State) and free food at the hole-in-wall bar this saturday, and an Ugliest xmas sweater party afterwards...but before all that; I am going to get a set of X body Rally wheels for my DD after replacing the starter motor and makng sure she runs.

hey before vaction you were talking about SD parts.... you siad you had a contact with a SD 801 head?

hook me up man, i need another.

A.j.

Brodix Head; the guy;s name is Brad Ziegler, the contact; he's a member here as well i think. I was wondering if the head will use stock Iron duke intake, or if it needs the SD 4 bbl intake..but anyways; there ya go.

Brodix Head; the guy;s name is Brad Ziegler, the contact; he's a member here as well i think. I was wondering if the head will use stock Iron duke intake, or if it needs the SD 4 bbl intake..but anyways; there ya go.

will only work with other super duty parts. requires either GM or edelbrock intake.

A.j.

thats what i figured; so there ya go; member name "Brad Ziegler" (or Zeigler, but i think its Ziegler), bare head, $250, no other parts in it. noticed in my 83 Oldsmobile Factory Chassis Service Manal for the A-J-X series that the Iron Duke is 8.2:1 compression whereas the 1984+ are 9.0:1 compression lol. might be why I've been getting good mileage out of it even if it feels a little slow at times compared to the v6 A-cars.

thats what i figured; so there ya go; member name "Brad Ziegler" (or Zeigler, but i think its Ziegler), bare head, $250, no other parts in it. noticed in my 83 Oldsmobile Factory Chassis Service Manal for the A-J-X series that the Iron Duke is 8.2:1 compression whereas the 1984+ are 9.0:1 compression lol. might be why I've been getting good mileage out of it even if it feels a little slow at times compared to the v6 A-cars.

hmmph... never heard of the guy, he is a member here?

well the biggest part of the power change your feeling is the head. the chambers were slightly smaller.

A.j.

wait what?? thats where the jack goes?? i i tryed to find out where it went once but no chance

What Kind of turbo unit is this.....
Turbo1.jpg
[/IMG]

home brew intake on a 4 cylinder intake with 4 cylinder exhaust, looks like its not GM; the bolt pattern dont jive with the SD system; so my guess is chrysler or Ford? who else made a blow through turbo with the small carb shown in picture? it certainly looks like the intake manifold and exhaust manifold are original equipment, but the piping and box aint right...the exhaust side if 'm looking at it correctly is a 3 bolt flanged external wastegate design?

EDIT: looks like Chrysler only had EFI turbo for their 4s in the 80s; the Ford 2.3 is closer, but again, bolt patterns aren't the same...huh

Anybody know what the summit part number for the steel intake gasket is? All I see is the individual gaskets. Cant find the big pan one. Was going to order my cam so I can get it in during christmas.

I have on my list

Eldel 204/214 cam #5487
Timing cover gasket #QTCS45930

Cant get the numbers on these
Intake gasket
Oil pan gasket

Am I missing anything? Is the steel intake gasket reusable?

Was thinking about doing heads too. Im just going to get some Comp 980 springs, and a set of 8445's to port. My original thought was get the 8445's and machine them down .020. That way I am running stock compression. A stock gasket measures .019, fel pro 1000 .039. Then I saw the RJC steel shim gaskets. They are $140 over the $40 for the fel pros but are thinner at .033. How much compression am I loosing with fel pro 1000's over the stock C/T gasket with stock deck hight, stock 80 heads or 8445's and speed pro hypers? Theres a difference of .020 or so. I know the RJC's are essentially bulletproof, but would rather blow my head gaskets out because of too much detonation than put the RJC's in and torch one of my hypers. RJC says that their .017" gastket bumps the compression on a stock GN from 8.5 to 9.0. Which is essentially stock C/T thickness. Does that mean that bumping up .02" gives me a ratio 8.0?

Whats the best option there? Am I loosing enough compression with another .02" of head height to machine the heads even?

What I want to get done this winter is figure out my head gaskets. I dont remember what gaskets I have. I THINK 1000's maybe. They were a fiber type thicker than stock gasket for sure though. The machine shop ordered the rebuild kit, and I told him turbo, and I havnt blown a head gasket yet with 9PSI on 91 octane and a BTM on 1.3degrees retard. Want to fix my clacky cam, and put in some better flowing heads.

AJ; is that a SD 4 or a Cosworth Vega engine block? by the way, did the guy get back to you about the Brodix head? by the way, the roomies and I are looking at a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom 3 level house with single detached garage for rent; at $900 per month....premise is that basically I will get the lowest level with the single bedroom in basement next to the basement rec room and laundry section; also has a bathroom down there, entrance to outside in addition to entrance to the rest of the house; and also I get to use the garage provided for repairing or working on whatever; rent will be split among 4 people, there are 2 bedrooms and a hang-out room on top level, a single master bedroom and normal bathroom on main floor with large living room and kitchen/dining area..backyard is decently sized and fenced, needs lots of cleaning up and will need to plant grass in backyard in order to beautify it; as well as making it less messy to get to the basement lol. driveway is 4 car long to the garage, so there's room for up to 5 cars parked and room to pass the cars as well :D so doing the math, 4 people=225 a month....for 225, I get pretty much 3/4 of a complete apt in the basement (only thing lacking is kitchen facilities lol) and garage....anyone think this is awesome deal? this will enable me to actually save money and be able to work on cars under cover and have a real place to put stuff instead of being a shut-in at my current residence lol

really. did you bother looking at the source page? (remove frame thing)

its a T4 for a Toyota 2F 4 banger according to the "ih8mudforum" where the pic is from.....

i used the school puter which has lots of blockers on em so I didnt see where the image was hosted at.... so thats a custom application.