Before Black BS'ing thread.

its a SD 4 cylinder block; I just realized what it is; its got the camshaft tunnel facing us and the pushrod cover is gone; so its basically a pontiac SD block?
didnt know the trans housing was that huge compared to the block o_O

where did it come from what is it etc etc

in the 80s; Pontiac developed a racing version of their pedestrain Iron Duke 4 cylinder engine, in order to address the problems of making power with a thin walled 4 cylinder engine based on the 301 v8 (the first 151 cubic inch 4 cylinders were based on the 301 which was at the time, thinner walled than the contemporary engines from other companies, and as such, did not have the ability to withstand more power) ; it was known as the Super Duty 4 cylinder, and the Fiero Pace Car for 1984 i think, made something like 235 HP, using a 4 barrel intake, the SD block, some high speed goodies; officially, it was a racing engine only, but you could order it off the shelf/over the counter at your local pontiac performance parts dealer in the 80s; Cosworth, Brodix, maybe a few other companies made heavy duty heads for these engines, the Cosworth being notable in having made a DOHC head for the SD 4 before the Quad-4 became mainstream, and notable as well that the complete Cosworth SD engines also had 4 WEBER side draft carburetors or similar, the Super Duty engines are very much sought after by the Fiero community, especially the head and the crank system as these are much stronger than the Iron Duke stuff.
Kansas Racing Products has since then bought the rights to the SD4 production, which results in a 12K engine made to your order, and I think they're also used by dirt track midget racers?

The engine in question is out of the postal vans. It is a 2.5 liter engine but Aj has modified it some what. I think he's going to try and make it a 3.0 liter which is huge considering it's a 4 cylinder.

To Charlie.... does autozone sell an air shock kit? my friend here says that AZ sells an air shock kit thats about 12 dollars plus the price of air hoses. He says that the rear air shocks can be manually filled with air to increase ride height.

hey could be cool to see ona them with fuel injection and a big turbo in for example a chevy vega :D

OOOO. going to put that on my christmas list; (the TRs) if they are running cars and I can convince my parents to pay for either one so i can have something to drive while working out the kinks with the Olds :)

To Charlie.... does autozone sell an air shock kit? my friend here says that AZ sells an air shock kit thats about 12 dollars plus the price of air hoses. He says that the rear air shocks can be manually filled with air to increase ride height.

Are you looking to put air shocks on it or put hoses back on the air shocks on the car now? AZ sells the shocks and just the line kit so you should be able to get what you need. I will tell you that air shocks ride rough though.

Are you looking to put air shocks on it or put hoses back on the air shocks on the car now? AZ sells the shocks and just the line kit so you should be able to get what you need. I will tell you that air shocks ride rough though.

really? I ask because i just bought a lincoln mark VIII that has those rear air shock and they went out on me so the car is super bouncy on each bump in the road and i worry that ill somehow shoot (something) through the trunk if i dont get it repaird.

really? I ask because i just bought a lincoln mark VIII that has those rear air shock and they went out on me so the car is super bouncy on each bump in the road and i worry that ill somehow shoot (something) through the trunk if i dont get it repaird.

You screwed yourself by buying a ferd reject kid. If it's bouncy then the shocks are shot.:biggrin:

speaking of air those orange air bags that gbody parts sell that you put inside your springs whats the point of those why not ust get stiffer springsand shocks instead of those baloons?

Holy ****...you bought a Mark VIII?!?!?!! Those things cost bread to fix...your Air Ride suspension will cost you all in all about close to if not a little more than a grand to fix. The quality control is ass on those if you got a 96 and under....flimsy door handles that break off in your hands, seats that break at the hinge!:eek:, Air ride suspension woes (they have a cheap alternative to that tho and alot of these) Do you have HID's? If not your night time driving is gonna alot like walking thru a haunted house. You need to be a contortionist to change the oil, Blend door problems, AC issues, Peeling black tape around the rear window, Oh yeah did I mention the WARPED rotor issues those cars have? Haha I will NEVER buy another one of those again ..they are cool cars but you gotta be in love with them to keep em' up. Or better yet, buy one somebody has already went thru and fixed and upgraded! :cool:

Fortunately for you I used to own a Mark 8 ( 1994 to be exact)
What year did you get?
go to the lincoln mark 8 forum lincolnmarkviii.org I think it is and research about your car bruh.
But truth be told you can hurt peoples feelings with those car haha you can make em' fast...ask how I know! :biggrin:

Holy ****...you bought a Mark VIII?!?!?!! Those things cost bread to fix...your Air Ride suspension will cost you all in all about close to if not a little more than a grand to fix. The quality control is ass on those if you got a 96 and under....flimsy door handles that break off in your hands, seats that break at the hinge!:eek:, Air ride suspension woes (they have a cheap alternative to that tho and alot of these) Do you have HID's? If not your night time driving is gonna alot like walking thru a haunted house. You need to be a contortionist to change the oil, Blend door problems, AC issues, Peeling black tape around the rear window, Oh yeah did I mention the WARPED rotor issues those cars have? Haha I will NEVER buy another one of those again ..they are cool cars but you gotta be in love with them to keep em' up. Or better yet, buy one somebody has already went thru and fixed and upgraded! :cool:

Fortunately for you I used to own a Mark 8 ( 1994 to be exact)
What year did you get?
go to the lincoln mark 8 forum lincolnmarkviii.org I think it is and research about your car bruh.
But truth be told you can hurt peoples feelings with those car haha you can make em' fast...ask how I know! :biggrin:

darn... i got a 94 and its a faded hooptie (ill post pics later) but ive always loved these cars. This car has alot of the problems you described ie door handles, peeling rear window trim, and the headlight. the guy left the car at the denver international airport for like 3 years and it stripped the car down to the clear. the rear air suspension is shot, but i got a cheap alternative idea from charlie. Im already a member on thier forum. the inside is kinda dirty but is very vacuumable. everything inside works well, rebuilt tranny with a shift kit, and a 4.6 v8 that hauls ass:D

mailjeep3.jpg

Just incase you didnt see it.