Before Black BS'ing thread.

they're Grumman; and uses the Pontiac 4 cylinder engine; suspension is similar to S10, some parts are also GM made

awesome................thats one awesome looking engine!

can a C/T system or Blow Through 3.8L turbo engine get a similar car (same model, but 83 not 88) to the same approximate ET? the vid shows 12.8something, and the car uses a Series 2 L67 minus the supercharger, but has a custom turbo tune and stock 4 speed trans....the guy has a 2.1 60 ft time; so apparently traction is the main issue i'm seeing here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhe7OCRyCN4&feature=related

Not in that video in your last post. That car had traction, it didn't really even spin any at the line, just a few chirps. What I didn't see that makes me think that car had traction was: No excessive wheel spin or tire smoke from that, The sound the engine made was a steady RPM increase=hooking up.

Its like christmas going threw my dads old stuff and finding things. Damn I wish I could stand the cold, but in my current state it hurts to be out here.

which video is this?

Warwagon is referring to the video I posted of the 87/88 Cutlass Ciera W45 (87 GT or International for 88) 2 door with the L67 Series 2 engine turbocharged (no supercharger) making a 12.83 second run, with a 2.1 60 ft according to the owner of the car (turboL67 on youtube comments); last dyno run he made, the dyno recorded around 450-505 HP at the wheels; and he stated that he wants to reduce the 60' time I'm not sure how he's gonna do so; but he's inspired me to try reach 12-14 seconds with carbed turbo engine in an older Ciera :D might be for naught, unless i go for newer blocks and distributorless ignition system :(

oh yeah.

local auto stealership has an 80s Regal 2 door Limited with the half vinyl roof (landau?) and a CRAPPY rattlecan paintjob; needs new bumper up front, clearly fillers need replacing as well; has a 5.0L (307 right?) 2bbl carb engine in there...they're asking $895, but i'd offer $500 if you guys think it'd be OK for a swap candidate?

did Buick make a 350ish sized engine in the late 70s? would that be hard to find? I was thinking RWD L36 engine block with V6 camaro trans attached to it, twin turbo it, and see what happens; as there may be a L36 camaro in the yard with the forward facing TB intake; this would be rather funky and creative, no? going new direction for swaps....just to piss people off lol..maybe even leave the crappy paint until the engine/trans is done....there aint no market for the Olds 307 is there?

Warwagon is referring to the video I posted of the 87/88 Cutlass Ciera W45 (87 GT or International for 88) 2 door with the L67 Series 2 engine turbocharged (no supercharger) making a 12.83 second run, with a 2.1 60 ft according to the owner of the car (turboL67 on youtube comments); last dyno run he made, the dyno recorded around 450-505 HP at the wheels; and he stated that he wants to reduce the 60' time I'm not sure how he's gonna do so; but he's inspired me to try reach 12-14 seconds with carbed turbo engine in an older Ciera :D might be for naught, unless i go for newer blocks and distributorless ignition system :(

oh yeah.

local auto stealership has an 80s Regal 2 door Limited with the half vinyl roof (landau?) and a CRAPPY rattlecan paintjob; needs new bumper up front, clearly fillers need replacing as well; has a 5.0L (307 right?) 2bbl carb engine in there...they're asking $895, but i'd offer $500 if you guys think it'd be OK for a swap candidate?

Don't care what what the Youtube guy says: that cutty isn't making (450-505hp) besides that's a hell of a gap to be talking about power on a dyno 55hp! difference, If that was true that car would boil the hides 'till the 1/8 mile or further with the tires it had on it being FWD and all that. still not bad at all he just got it out of the 13's.
Just sayin...

I seem to remember a general rule being that for FWD cars needing more power to get to the same times as a RWD car due to the whole weight transfer thing? I mean; I distinctly remember several FWD cars only getting up to 13s or less even with lots of mods to their L67s or v8 swapped into the system; most are also automatics with 4 speeds and computer shifting; not sure what usually required of the autos to stand up to the power, or if its the whole power transfer thing';

i just found the thread where he's talking about dyno time...ok looks like I was a little off; 413 wheel horsepower; but with 20% loss, it equated out to 516hp to 560hp(30% loss) and his sig said 450+ hp. whoops. here's his cam specs and turbo specs; not sure of the compression ratio but think its stock L67;
212°, .520" lift and 113° lobe separation, 60-1 turbo, close to a T61; a 60mm turbo, not sure of hotside or A/R ratio though. he says he hasn't gotten a 120 trap speed yet....so what would that mean? I remember Bison saying dyno's crap, need trap/et to figure out hp? car is around 3200 pounds, maybe a little more, not sure since the L67 and turbo stuff adds weight compared to the stock engine it had.

I seem to remember a general rule being that for FWD cars needing more power to get to the same times as a RWD car due to the whole weight transfer thing? I mean; I distinctly remember several FWD cars only getting up to 13s or less even with lots of mods to their L67s or v8 swapped into the system; most are also automatics with 4 speeds and computer shifting; not sure what usually required of the autos to stand up to the power, or if its the whole power transfer thing';

i just found the thread where he's talking about dyno time...ok looks like I was a little off; 413 wheel horsepower; but with 20% loss, it equated out to 516hp to 560hp(30% loss) and his sig said 450+ hp. whoops. here's his cam specs and turbo specs; not sure of the compression ratio but think its stock L67;
212°, .520" lift and 113° lobe separation, 60-1 turbo, close to a T61; a 60mm turbo, not sure of hotside or A/R ratio though. he says he hasn't gotten a 120 trap speed yet....so what would that mean? I remember Bison saying dyno's crap, need trap/et to figure out hp? car is around 3200 pounds, maybe a little more, not sure since the L67 and turbo stuff adds weight compared to the stock engine it had.
can you post the link to the thread?

My L67 Swapped ciera
6 pages of thread, some videos in there;

anyways on topic-ish...I'm still wondering about carb and turbo system on a FWD 3.8 in an older ciera, what would be the power goal to shoot for in order to maybe get into the same ET with a 3 speed auto?