You can type here any text you want

Before Black BS'ing thread.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
biggest difference; double overhead cams on a huge timing chain system; reversal of intake and exhaust sides (intake on L of engine block), accessory drive system is odd i think; has integrated ignition system between cam towers; smaller displacement, beefier block and heads; I believe a certain model of the QUad DOHC had 190 hp, but other HO models got 180, the normal Quads in most cars had 150-170 depending on year and cam changes; also i think they were all aluminum, instead of iron; for a while some had gasket issues, but to be honest? many engines of that time had gasket issues as well....the direct descendent of the Quad4 is the Twin Cam used in the Saturn line, bu at lower power, or maybe very similar power...they were also reputed to be quite harsh and noisy,as a result,the later Quads got detuned in terms of power, in order to reduce the NVH ratings....thoug I personally like the noisy engines lol. there' another quad model that is to be avoided, the SOHC one with the more problematic head sealing surfaces...so like i said, if the QUAD DOHC HO engine is 180hp, and weights same or lesser than Iron Duke, it might mean double the HP at the same curb weight of 2750, and then if i decide to boost it, much more fun....though many of my club members have said to just go for the buick 6s or the 3400 60 degree v6s off the bat..

This ebay posting got me think. First, who would pay close to $75 plus $10 shipping for the carb pad? Second is, the guy says it a cooling pad that got me think; why couldn’t you hook a electric water pump up to that carb pad and have a separate water tank with cold ice water being pumped through the housing. This would lower the air charge giving you more power. I know its not a good idea for the street but for the track it would lower the air temp. any ideas. I know it might not work, but in theory its should.

Attachments

• carb pad.jpg
    carb pad.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 93
Its not a bad idea, but the choke works off heat from the base to a point so theres a chance the choke would constantly want to be closed.

TBI gurus....what would be a reason a TBI engine would not want to idle smoothly and keeps dying at first but after a 45 minute drive at highway speeds, idles fine the rest of the day? had that happen this morning before heading home from a friend's place after staying overnight when i ran out of gas last night on the way from Seattle to Beaverton

TBI gurus....what would be a reason a TBI engine would not want to idle smoothly and keeps dying at first but after a 45 minute drive at highway speeds, idles fine the rest of the day? had that happen this morning before heading home from a friend's place after staying overnight when i ran out of gas last night on the way from Seattle to Beaverton

And you didnt stop by and say hi... thats messed up...

lol; didnt know ya wanted me to stop by, it was 9:30pm when i dropped my friend at his bro's house in Seattle and got to Beaverton around 1:30 am at my friend's house and stayed the night with her. no hijink tho ;) lol.

there's always another time, preferably good weather time :D can't believe i;ll be 28 in 6 days :O

lol; didnt know ya wanted me to stop by, it was 9:30pm when i dropped my friend at his bro's house in Seattle and got to Beaverton around 1:30 am at my friend's house and stayed the night with her. no hijink tho ;) lol.

there's always another time, preferably good weather time :D can't believe i;ll be 28 in 6 days :O

well, ive looked at my phone, and in both salem and tacoma its raining pretty bad (got some mild flooding) whenever works for you, drop me a PM...

yah, might be the reason my car didnt idle properly until 45 minutes of driving at steady speeds.....anyways, chances are good i'll head up there to JBLM area and maybe tacoma area to pick up some stuff for my militaria collection and car related things in either Feb or January; as thats when I don't have rent to pay (taking care of the parents' house and dog while they go to Australia and Palm Springs, cA)

83Turbo. ya know what. sell some of the cars ya have, come down here yourself,i just found a VERY nice low mile carbed v8 1983 Imperial 2 door in black with red pinstriping, red leather...........huuuge vader-ish car. $1950 for it. it has cheapy hubcaps on, but ya should be able to find blingy wheels for it (personally id go for red 70s dodge/chrysler 15" rally wheels lol)
i swear; it makes your 'lead sled" look like a faded tbird :biggrin:

83Turbo. ya know what. sell some of the cars ya have, come down here yourself,i just found a VERY nice low mile carbed v8 1983 Imperial 2 door in black with red pinstriping, red leather...........huuuge vader-ish car. $1950 for it. it has cheapy hubcaps on, but ya should be able to find blingy wheels for it (personally id go for red 70s dodge/chrysler 15" rally wheels lol)
i swear; it makes your 'lead sled" look like a faded tbird :biggrin:

imprerial what??? the stinkn linkn is doing just fine. Ill probably take it to maaco for Xmas.... besides, i could sell every vehicle we own and wouldnt come close to 2gs sadly

rv value.... 200
Mark VIII value 800
T-type (NFS)

HOWEVER... ill probably be down that way in a while on my way to socal in a month or two.

just that. Imperial. made by Chrysler to rival the Mark and the Cadillac El Dorados; in 1981-1983 it was called the Imperial; no Chrysler Imperial, just Imperial.
Imperial (automobile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

these cars raced alongside the GNs and MCs; also had a lower drag than the same year Corvette (say it aint so!)

for size, its 213 inches total length with a 113 inch wheelbase....

just that. Imperial. made by Chrysler to rival the Mark and the Cadillac El Dorados; in 1981-1983 it was called the Imperial; no Chrysler Imperial, just Imperial.
Imperial (automobile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

these cars raced alongside the GNs and MCs; also had a lower drag than the same year Corvette (say it aint so!)

for size, its 213 inches total length with a 113 inch wheelbase....

wow that B*tch is sexy, rather have it with a throttle body than a carb though. Still, i think that my buick is faster.

they had problems with the efi on the Imperial's 318 LA engine, so most were bought back and/or converted to carburetors, nice thing about the LA series is that it will take the aftermarket TBI units meant for the truck engine 4bbl manifolds...at least what i can remember about them being compatible with the 360 of the same vintage..maybe i'm wrong? HRM had an article on making the LA 318 more powerful.....one of their "junkyard jewel" series; it was more for NA torque and power; increasing CR to like 11 or so and using 4bbl carb and so on....you know, i honestly think a 4bbl carter carb or holley with blow through turbo would be kick-a$$ on the LA 318's 7.5-8.0CR internals..port the snot out of the heads or use 360 heads; lumpier cams, then turbo it....see how much quicker the beast goes! bloody hell, if i have the $$ right now; I'd go get the car and do a build on it....it looks NEW on the paint, interior is NICE; wheels are steelies with cheapy hubcaps, apparently it was ordered plain with wire covers and the wires got lost, and someone being cheap-a$$ got hubcaps on...if the steelies are the typical Dodge pickup style or something, with the ability to accept dog-dish center caps.....I might go that direction after coating the wheels in red fire engine enamel :BIGGRIN:

they had problems with the efi on the Imperial's 318 LA engine, so most were bought back and/or converted to carburetors, nice thing about the LA series is that it will take the aftermarket TBI units meant for the truck engine 4bbl manifolds...at least what i can remember about them being compatible with the 360 of the same vintage..maybe i'm wrong? HRM had an article on making the LA 318 more powerful.....one of their "junkyard jewel" series; it was more for NA torque and power; increasing CR to like 11 or so and using 4bbl carb and so on....you know, i honestly think a 4bbl carter carb or holley with blow through turbo would be kick-a$$ on the LA 318's 7.5-8.0CR internals..port the snot out of the heads or use 360 heads; lumpier cams, then turbo it....see how much quicker the beast goes! bloody hell, if i have the $$ right now; I'd go get the car and do a build on it....it looks NEW on the paint, interior is NICE; wheels are steelies with cheapy hubcaps, apparently it was ordered plain with wire covers and the wires got lost, and someone being cheap-a$$ got hubcaps on...if the steelies are the typical Dodge pickup style or something, with the ability to accept dog-dish center caps.....I might go that direction after coating the wheels in red fire engine enamel :BIGGRIN:

huh, tb's seem a little slow on the response when you step on the gas. IMO carbs have a better response and more airflow unless you step up and buy a 3 grand TBI kit thats gonna require alot of tuning. Carbs are the way to go.

looks like they used Q-jets on the 81-83 318s to replace the TBI systems. lol theres a handy guide to making more power with the 318..damn im drooling over the idea of having a decently revving 318 with mods and blow through turbo.....damn my lack of money :(

Back