You can type here any text you want

Before Black BS'ing thread.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Not as much power if you put your car on a serious diet. Making your car lighter is free power so the more you can knock off it the less power you will have to add. So a 300hp/tq car that is 2800lbs is going to be much more fun and quicker than a car with the same 300hp/tq at 3200lbs. So you might only need 250hp if you can get enough weight out of the car.

right now as it sits; the ciera is 2750 pounds; with the boat anchor of a 2.5 iron duke lol. the 89 ciera is supposed to be right around 2900-3100 pounds with the original 3.8, due to the body kit, power seats, 4 speed transmission, larger wheels with wider tires, FE3 suspension (27 or 28mm bar versus the stock 22-24mm swaybar and heavier duty springs) and a bunch of other things; I know the 94 ciera wagon I owned was 3100 pounds with the aluminum headed 3.1L v6 and being a wagon; so somewhere in that range for the 89 cutlass ciera; for my car, even being a brougham model, its still quite light....if i can keep the weight under 2900 pounds with the addition of a 3.8L v6 and turbo stuff; maybe it'll be quite zippy and fun..

the new hooptie

Attachments

• 27408221414_ORIG.jpg
    27408221414_ORIG.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 55

huh???? mark VIII. I did almost get a caprice, the day after i bought the lincoln.

whats new for today in the world of carbs and turbos? i went to the local pull-a-part and Ive decided as a spare project to just assemble an alky pump (It WONT go on my car, just to see if I could build it) found a tank from an 89 Grand prix, and ill get a washer pump manyana.

not much is new in my part of the world other than the simple fact that BOTH starter motors were bad >.< (the original and the $20 96 bonne one i got from junkyard) mechanic replaced it with a reman unit; so now my DD is doing awesome. hey AJ and WarWagon; if a Quad HO 4 cylinder DOHC engine produces twice the power compared to the Iron Duke (180 versus the 90ish hp); but does not weight more than the Iron Duke, would it make sense to build one and try to swap it in? it would still be EFI, but I haven't found anything resembling affordable TBI units or 4bbl intakes for the Quad, only weber styled manifolds for like 3 grand :( so its likely to keep the stock manifolds; might be able to shoehorn a turbo system in there, but i'm a little worried about the ancient 3 speed auto taking the boost; hence the NA idea......if i can find the QUad for cheap...if not, there's always the 3.8L v6 build or the 3.0 system as it could be had in these cars....if i were to go 3.8, is there a way to put a distributor shaft drive onto a 86-88 LG3 roller cam engine block? or would i be better off keeping it EFI? I rather like the look of the carbed system; so its either 1984-1985 LN3 or the 82-85 LK9 with a LN7 block to shorten the deck height and use LK9 pistons to increase compression to ridiculous levels >.> or find a LK9 and boost that with a draw thru turbo from a riviera T Type (the system that I particularly want since its known to fit under the hood for sure)

well this morning my wife took my Grand National to work and well Im stuck at home with nothing to do since I was going to sand it down for paint...

Oh she can handle it! Thats the slow one shes in though I keep the fast ones locked up in the shop.

hope she know how to drive your a brave make to toss the keys to anyone at all

wow your brave:eek:... I dont care if its a family member, mario andretti, or even the president, Nobody!!! drives my car... period. It may not be all that, but thats my rule....

that applies to the new stinkin linkin as well....

its ok I had just bought it for her anyways, but she dont know that.

when you go to paint that car, add some how to. i need more for my how to do body work thread.

Yea, Im doing good today. I have settled outside of court with club owner, but not the guy that stabbed me. I been buying parts this morning.

ouch =[ oh by the way someone already bought the 80s 307 regal, so looks like back to square one lol

Im fine just not going to be a baby about it and I been taking it easy, but now Im tired of that and got stuff to do. I just take my time doing it now.

Camodeafie- I noticed you were talking about the Quad 4. Anybody know what the difference between those and the standard 2.5 iron duke?

My dad used to have a 92 Olds achieva with the Quad 4/5 speed. Ended up blowing a head gasket at 230K miles and got crushed. It never had 180 HP! Ran like junk in the cold.

Now that I hear how strong these quad 4's are I wish he woulda kept it. Ok, not really, the car was a pile.

All thats left of the car is the quad 4 badges I took off 3 years ago and the chrome skull shifter knob, acutually I think I threw that away.

Back