Before Black BS'ing thread.

I bought a new JW flywheel for an internally balanced crank from a board member. I went to bolt it on my spare 4.1 today and one hole was about .060 off. I tried a stock flywheel and it bolted right up, so it was not the crank that was off. A little work with a die grinder got it to fit, but you would think a flywheel that expensive would be drilled correctly. My Chinese Cat flywheel did not have a problem bolting on my other 4.1. Made in the USA ain't what it used to be. I may get this engine in around October to avoid heat stroke so I can check the girdled engine and see how everything is surviving. Our local 1/8th mile track is closed, and will be turned into a rockpit.

I just rebuilt the motor and am having issues with the dip stick. I cannot tell if it is under boost or when I let out, but the dip stick is flying out and spraying oil out of the tube. I have no clue why it’s doing this any help?

Sucks your rebuilt engine is pressuring the crank case. PCV hooked up and working properly? Valve cover breather plugged?

Only thing i can think of is the catch can has too long of a hose. Hose is from back of intake, to front of radiator, then back to carb. i have a breather on the drivers side valve cover, which looks to be ok.

how could the rings go bad so quick? the motor only ran for 35 mins. it has to be something else, compression test came out ok....

i have no clue what the issue is. i am also blowing vac lines off the carb and i have to zip tie them down.

definitly sounds like your getting boost into the crank case... have you done a post turbo vacuum test?
No, how would i do that?
Right now i cannot even figure out how much boost i am running, because the boost gauge line keeps blowing off. The good news is the boost line to wastegate is staying on.

wow... something is definitly not right if all that is happening. im not sure where to start............ we know we have a good compression test .... thats why i suggested a vacuum test... if the intake is leaking, it will tell us. other then that, im not sure where else the boost could be getting in from.

exactly, i have no clue where to go either. Guess i will start to pull everything apart until i find it.

What happened to the Facebook group and sorry guys been working 60+ hours a week again

Aj, you and Billy will be getting an email in the next couple of days. When you read it I have a feeling you'll call for more info. It's going to several people , not just you 2. Just keep an eye out for it.