Big Site News, It's Changing! Need Input!

That's a killer idea. A rotating Header with a car of the month. Winner get's a t-shirt with the logo on it and their car. Could make it a $5 entry fee to be car of the month. Would pay for site maintenance.

How much do you think it costs to run this site? The server bill alone every month is right at $700.

How much do you think it costs to run this site? The server bill alone every month is right at $700.

Your vendors must get a deal for their banner ads. Those ads alone should generate $700 a month. But I'm going on what the company I work for doing just that stuff, charges.

Your vendors must get a deal for their banner ads. Those ads alone should generate $700 a month. But I'm going on what the company I work for doing just that stuff, charges.

I dont really have anything to do with all that.

We've upgraded servers I think 3 times, each time going to something more powerful and for a while its okay then we grow some more and all of a sudden we're underpowered again. Im hoping going back to "out of the box" VB will help with some of that.

EPIC gif in your sig! Love Heather Thomas! And the Fall Guy wasnt a bad show either.

Use the wayback machine and put up the original simple color scheme and logo. :eek::cool:

I still use it. :biggrin:

DSC01084.jpg

The colors have been mentioned and gotta say a black, red, orange, yellow color scheme would be classic imo

Shane-

IMO you could ask us and we will all give you a different answer.

I like it the way it is, Orange, Black, Yellow etc.

Whatever you do you won't run me off :eek: so do what you guys think is best.

I say a pic of a real car up top, or a rotation like Fuelslut.net has, which my WH1 is on.

great idea!

That's a killer idea. A rotating Header with a car of the month. Winner get's a t-shirt with the logo on it and their car. Could make it a $5 entry fee to be car of the month. Would pay for site maintenance.

not a bad idea at all. or even just pay $5 or $10 and just have your picture put up. you know there is going to be issues if it was a voting thing.

The current scheme (while some may say is dated)
is VERY readable..
Nothing worse than red or deep blue text on black.
Looks cool but torments the eyes after a few pages.
Busy isn't better.

I like it the way it is. But a few tweaks on apperance here and there would be a coll change as well.

The time on the search being shortened from 45 seconds would be great!

Also from the main homepage you cant check you PM's you have to go into the board to check it.

I like it the way it is. But a few tweaks on apperance here and there would be a coll change as well.

The time on the search being shortened from 45 seconds would be great!

Also from the main homepage you cant check you PM's you have to go into the board to check it.

Different CMS system next time around. That shouldnt be a problem.

I will see if the original photoshop files are still around, I had them on a disk but have not seem them for a while, I have not looked either :) . When I did this color layout I got more hate mail than I could believe. My suggestion leave the colors alone, update the top mural to someting a little more current maybe even one that chages on refresh like ls1gto.com, get rid of the orange to yellow gradient which is realy what make the board look dated that was a hot trend at the time when it was done. Then it would have the "classic" tb.com look but still be fresh and current.
Mike

use the Drudge Report as your inspiration- black text, white background. maybe add the yellow and orange here and there just because... no silly images anywhere- especially in people's sig lines.
lean and mean is the way to go,even in this day and age of broadband everywhere.

use the Drudge Report as your inspiration- black text, white background. maybe add the yellow and orange here and there just because... no silly images anywhere- especially in people's sig lines.
lean and mean is the way to go,even in this day and age of broadband everywhere.

and maybe figure out why my posts double up at random times..

make it pink with purple polka-dots for at least a week just to muck with everybody:biggrin:

I frequent a few online forums (Yellowbullet, Turboforums, LS1Tech, etc) and this site is the easiest to read and navigate. FWIW