Bob Bailey ignition module

Standard ls1 plug wires will work. Or better yet, give board member Shane Langford a call and he can make you a custom set

purchased everything from summit to make my own wire sets.Taylor everything,but the tr6 coil has the smaller male ends.Anybody know the taylor part # for the correct 90 deg ends to make my own?

purchased everything from summit to make my own wire sets.Taylor everything,but the tr6 coil has the smaller male ends.Anybody know the taylor part # for the correct 90 deg ends to make my own?
You have to use the LS/LT type 90 degree boots…. i used MSDs but i believe these are the Taylor equivalent:

Taylor Cable Part# 46067

-aaron

You have to use the LS/LT type 90 degree boots…. i used MSDs but i believe these are the Taylor equivalent:

Taylor Cable Part# 46067

-aaron
thanks,i got the 46057 which are the standard.
I looked in the pic it looks like the ends are in the boot?

Last edited:

#46067 is the correct Taylor # , but get the crimping tool #43390 for $15 it makes a nice crimp . The Taylor boots I believe come in a package of 10 so you can practice on a short left over piece . Lube them up good to push that 90* boot over the wire . Also the metal terminal end will be almost flush with the bottom of the boot , not recessed like the spark plug end .

#46067 is the correct Taylor # , but get the crimping tool #43390 for $15 it makes a nice crimp . The Taylor boots I believe come in a package of 10 so you can practice on a short left over piece . Lube them up good to push that 90* boot over the wire . Also the metal terminal end will be almost flush with the bottom of the boot , not recessed like the spark plug end .

Taylor Cable Part# 46067

-aaron
thanks guys got the correct parts today....Dam I like summit.Iordered last night @630pm and the parts were on my porch @10am this morning.

I ordered this probably 3 months ago and still don't have them.. I called last month to check and they were to call me back. I guess I need to call again.

This post is not to bash.. just letting everyone know they might be on back order.

Yep, waiting myself, they don't wait until the item is shipped to charge you either, which I consider shady.

Mike

Kirban update

We just received our order of 5 of Bobs TR 6 units....Bob only makes them a few times a year so its best to buy it when we have them in stock. I think we have 3 left at this point.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Are we able to run the Fast xr-1a hight output ignition coils with the Tr6 setup as individual coil setup
20180620_002509.jpg

yes, it takes a special harness to connect it all up, but there are several cars running around with the TR6 and those coils.

That said, those coils have a lot of power, most of the Buicks don't need them..

Bob

yes, it takes a special harness to connect it all up, but there are several cars running around with the TR6 and those coils.

That said, those coils have a lot of power, most of the Buicks don't need them..

Bob

Do you make or where can I get this special harness??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can supply the harness. send me an email at bob (at) bailey-eng (dot) com or PM me here on the board (presuming PM's are working again)

Wait a sec....so we can run smart coils with your box now??

This is news.....